Turning camera shutter sound off

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is there. When you open the settings in the camera mode you can scroll the options. Scroll down to to the shutter sound in the menu box. What opens up in the menu box is not all the settings.

Sorry I thought I was in att forum when I responded.

Mac33

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Its like each Galaxy S3 is missing some settings somewhere. I'm on T-mobile & I don't have Network Mode in my settings.

Ricky Chin

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Some phone makers are not providing the options to mute the camera click sound so as to prevent perverts from taking under-skirt shots, which is good.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have US Sprint version and the stock app doesn't have a mute option. I also have Camera ZOOM FX which has an Enable Shutter Sound option - the sound is not muted when that option is deselected.

Dave

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Check out my post here. Another member here confirmed in that thread that it worked.

Good luck. :)

Hey, that member's me! lol :p And yes, messing with the volume database works like a charm. It even lets you reduce the volume from the stock levels if you don't want to remove the sounds altogether (I'm trying to figure out what each variable does and will post back in that other thread when I figure it out)

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Some phone makers are not providing the options to mute the camera click sound so as to prevent perverts from taking under-skirt shots, which is good.

Ya that'll stop them, more feel good useless garbage being pushed on us. Why not make it illegal to take pictures up stranger's skirts, that should stop it right?

the vzw version better not be neutered. Eh at least there's a way around it, further pointing out how stupid it is. Hardy har. (ranting at the high ups who implement these features not anyone in particular)

MM681

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon version and there is no option to turn the shutter sound off. I just came here to see if it was hidden somewhere that I couldn't see. I'll have to try one of those apps to work around that because it is pretty loud.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This is so funny... I was frustrated with the camera sound too. Then I realized there's an extremely easy way to silence the shutter sound. lol

Now I can take silent photos with the default camera app.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not rooted so I can't silence mine but if you really need to take a silent picture you can record a video and take still images. The sound doesn't play

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the international S3 and when silent mode is on the camera shutter sound is off. Not on vibrate, full mute.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

tacsniper

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I found a way to silent the camera shutter sound.

I am using Rogers version... turn the phone to vibrate mode and this will mute the shutter sound. If you are trying this on other carriers, please report back if it works as well.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I found a way to silent the camera shutter sound.

I am using Rogers version... turn the phone to vibrate mode and this will mute the shutter sound. If you are trying this on other carriers, please report back if it works as well.

Does not work with Sprint.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted so I can't silence mine but if you really need to take a silent picture you can record a video and take still images. The sound doesn't play

I've noticed this too. So far this is the only thing that works with my phone.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, that member's me! lol :p And yes, messing with the volume database works like a charm. It even lets you reduce the volume from the stock levels if you don't want to remove the sounds altogether (I'm trying to figure out what each variable does and will post back in that other thread when I figure it out)

Do you have to root to do this or just have the ability to open the .db file? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe