Has Google Stated If They Will Compensate Play Store Pre-orders?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has Google Stated If They Will Compensate Play Store Pre-orde

If its shipped. But even if it hasn't, they have until Friday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That doesn't make sense. They don't have until Friday if they promised 3 day shipping. They sent me an email and a tracking number saying it shipped on Friday. If it doesn't arrive by Monday (it won't, I have called UPS and they informed me it's still wating to be shipped and there is no progress on the tracking number) then they failed to provide the promised 2 day shipping. It's even worse that they sent people un-shipped tracking numbers, with a false message claiming devices had been shipped in a pathetic attempt to calm the consumer outcry and pretend they had shipped by the time they were supposed to.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. They don't have until Friday if they promised 3 day shipping. They sent me an email and a tracking number saying it shipped on Friday. If it doesn't arrive by Monday (it won't, I have called UPS and they informed me it's still wating to be shipped and there is no progress on the tracking number) then they failed to provide the promised 2 day shipping. It's even worse that they sent people un-shipped tracking numbers, with a false message claiming devices had been shipped in a pathetic attempt to calm the consumer outcry and pretend they had shipped by the time they were supposed to.

Not really. Surely being the expert in shipping you claim to be you know that shipping only includes the time in transit up to delivery, right? If the device has not left the warehouse, then your point is moot.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Not really. Surely being the expert in shipping you claim to be you know that shipping only includes the time in transit up to delivery, right? If the device has not left the warehouse, then your point is moot.

No. If that were true, somebody could order 2 day shipping and get a shipping notification and get the delivery 6 months later with the excuse "It only counts when it's in transit, bro".The shipping timeline starts from the moment they inform a customer of an item being shipped and/or send a tracking number.

But even forgetting all that, either some bungle occurred resulting in shipping taking longer than 2 days, or Google flat out lied to us. Either way, i'm owed 20 bucks, or Google failed to keep an obligation it promised to fulfill, which is what you so adamantly deny having occurred in any form.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

If it shipped on Friday via two day shipping, that would make Tuesday your expected arrival date. Saturday doesn't count. Only business days.

Reactions: dmmarck

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

When it shipped is not really relevant to me at the moment...they haven't even touched my credit card yet.

I ordered on the 28th. And I can't see Google meeting even their 3 week commitment.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
When it shipped is not really relevant to me at the moment...they haven't even touched my credit card yet.

I ordered on the 28th. And I can't see Google meeting even their 3 week commitment.

Than have today and tomorrow to ship it still. If you are only concerned about the 3 weeks, they have plenty time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

colin_25

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I was fully expecting to come home, and see an email along the lines of

"Hi Colin XXXX
We are pleased to tell you that your Nexus 7 is now being shipped."

Alas, I didn't (no email, I did come home).

I suspect google are working not to, "first in, first out", or even "last in, first out", but some wild google iteration that means my order will be fulfilled after everyone else gets bored with theirs, and nexus 8 comes out.

Still sitting at home, still waiting for email. Stroking my galaxy nexus hoping it gets excited and grows to 7 inches :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No. If that were true, somebody could order 2 day shipping and get a shipping notification and get the delivery 6 months later with the excuse "It only counts when it's in transit, bro".The shipping timeline starts from the moment they inform a customer of an item being shipped and/or send a tracking number.

But even forgetting all that, either some bungle occurred resulting in shipping taking longer than 2 days, or Google flat out lied to us. Either way, i'm owed 20 bucks, or Google failed to keep an obligation it promised to fulfill, which is what you so adamantly deny having occurred in any form.

No. Shipping time is only time in transit. You are owed nothing until Google misses its 2-3 week 'shipped' target. If yours leaves the warehouse Friday, they'll have met their obligation.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I think if they printed the label on the 11th and charged you for 2 day shipping, the package should arrive the 13th. (Someone want to check my math? :confused: )

Reactions: MinistrOfJustiz

KJD209

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Absolutely not JHBthree. Google stated that my Nexus 7 shipped Friday. If I don't receive it by end of business Tuesday, they owe me a refund on the shipping fee. Stop with the two to three week statement, you sound like a broken record. Google screwed up. It is plain that it was their intention to ship our packages sometime between July 9 and July 11 and that did not happen.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I think if they printed the label on the 11th and charged you for 2 day shipping, the package should arrive the 13th. (Someone want to check my math? :confused: )

You math is off. Label printing 7-11, shipped date - ?

It's not considered shipped until their shipping vendor (UPS) picks it up and SCANS the shipping label.

I received an email from Google on the 14th that my order was in process. I received another later that same day saying the item had shipped and my credit card was billed. Last night there was no charge, today my AMEX card has been billed $270.62. The tracking number on the second email did not return anything the 1st time I checked with UPS. Checking a couple hours later, it shows received and scheduled for delivery tomorrow by EOD.

Google has delivered everything I thought I was getting. Now just waiting for UPS to deliver the device.

Tomorrow is going to be a lo-o--ng day. UPS in my area usually delivers residential late in the day and businesses first. :(

Last edited:

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

You math is off. Label printing 7-11, shipped date - ?

It's not considered shipped until their shipping vendor (UPS) picks it up and SCANS the shipping label.

I received an email from Google on the 14th that my order was in process. I received another later that same day saying the item had shipped and my credit card was billed. Last night there was no charge, today my AMEX card has been billed $270.62. The tracking number on the second email did not return anything the 1st time I checked with UPS. Checking a couple hours later, it shows received and scheduled for delivery tomorrow by EOD.

Google has delivered everything I thought I was getting. Now just waiting for UPS to deliver the device.

Tomorrow is going to be a lo-o--ng day. UPS in my area usually delivers residential late in the day and businesses first. :(

This is correct. Most likely the shipping department created the label in advance of receiving the tablet from the production line. This way all they have to do is put the N7 in a shipping box and put the label on.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If they sent me an email on Friday and said it had shipped (it had not) then they lied. Please tell me how this is incorrect.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I understand why people are upset, I guess the unwritten assumption is you get your product first if you pre-order, but I thought the real advantage of pre-ordering from the Play store was the $25 gift card and not having to look around for the product.

One thing folks who are angry should remember Goolge never gave a release date just a "we're accepting pre-orders" and expect it in July some time.

=X=

Reactions: icewater106

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

If they sent me an email on Friday and said it had shipped (it had not) then they lied. Please tell me how this is incorrect.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

The post that was being referenced said that the label was printed.

If they state the product shipped Fri it should be delivered to you Tues.

Reactions: rootbrain

f4hybrid420

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Google doesn't need to compensate anyone.

You say this as if Google hasn't messed up...well, they did. I ordered my Nexus 7 July 6th and have not received any communication from Google. I have a friend who ordered the same way July 10th and he has received confirmation and shipping info. Bottom line is that just isn't right. When someone pre-orders anything they expect that product to be held for them so they can be assured it will be available for them when it has been released. This does not seem to be the case with Google. It is pretty sad when I would have had better luck going to a retail store rather than going directly to Google...it should be the other way around.

tallbruva

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site

Since my label was printed on July 9th, I think they fully intended on having pre orders delivered on or before retailers.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You know, that makes the most sense of anything. It would explain why people who ordered on July 8 and July 10 are receiving their N7 before those of us who ordered on July 5 and earlier.

Using your logic, Google may have sent them to the shipper. UPS then just took a bunch of boxes and said "these go out today, those tomorrow". Since they don't have access to who made the purchase when, it's a shot in the dark as to who will get theirs first.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

You say this as if Google hasn't messed up...well, they did. I ordered my Nexus 7 July 6th and have not received any communication from Google. I have a friend who ordered the same way July 10th and he has received confirmation and shipping info. Bottom line is that just isn't right. When someone pre-orders anything they expect that product to be held for them so they can be assured it will be available for them when it has been released. This does not seem to be the case with Google. It is pretty sad when I would have had better luck going to a retail store rather than going directly to Google...it should be the other way around.

I think the only possible reason is that probably Google just doesn't like you. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje