Need help with google now

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
My Google now was showing sports cards for my baseball team and football team. I have both teams selected for favorite teams. Now when I talk into Google now and say new York Yankees it only shows me web results no more score card. But the football one still works anyone know how to fix this?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Tried that and no luck. It worked fine earlier today then it just shows web results now. Idk how to fix it. The football one works.

Mine is doing the same. The Steelers football card is still showing but no card for the Yankees. I'm just gonna go in the settings and send a bug report.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same. The Steelers football card is still showing but no card for the Yankees. I'm just gonna go in the settings and send a bug report.

OK so its not just me. Thanks for that feed back. All football teams work on mine but no baseball team cards pop up.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
OK so its not just me. Thanks for that feed back. All football teams work on mine but no baseball team cards pop up.

No problem. GNow is a nice add on but it still needs some minor tweaks. I send feedback from the settings menu and it usually gets fixed rather quick.

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
No problem. GNow is a nice add on but it still needs some minor tweaks. I send feedback from the settings menu and it usually gets fixed rather quick.

I did the same thing and now it works again. Thanks again.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing and now it works again. Thanks again.

Ask it if the Yankees won. Its telling me no they lost 9 - 10 when the card says the Yanks won 10 - 9 lol. They'll get it straight though.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know how it figures out where "home" and "work" are. There's no setting for it, so I guess it learns on its own? And can there be more locations (I have an apartment, a job, and I go to school...)?

Also, I wish they'd allow extra innings on the baseball card. Last night's Yankees - A's game went 14 innings, and for all of the extra ones they said it was the 9th inning (and the 4 runs each team got in one of the overtime innings showed up as being in the 8th inning, and the winning run was in the 9th on the card)

It's very useful - particularly public transit (for the rare occasion when I use it here, but I imagine it will be eminently useful when I visit my parents in NYC and want to take trains to visit friends in NJ, etc - also I can imagine the places cards being very useful in NYC) - but it definitely needs some tweaking. This will probably happen as it gains users.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just want to know how it figures out where "home" and "work" are. There's no setting for it, so I guess it learns on its own? And can there be more locations (I have an apartment, a job, and I go to school...)?

Also, I wish they'd allow extra innings on the baseball card. Last night's Yankees - A's game went 14 innings, and for all of the extra ones they said it was the 9th inning (and the 4 runs each team got in one of the overtime innings showed up as being in the 8th inning, and the winning run was in the 9th on the card)

It's very useful - particularly public transit (for the rare occasion when I use it here, but I imagine it will be eminently useful when I visit my parents in NYC and want to take trains to visit friends in NJ, etc - also I can imagine the places cards being very useful in NYC) - but it definitely needs some tweaking. This will probably happen as it gains users.

You have to enable Latitude, set your home and work locations in there and it will start showing up in Google Now :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Enter the settings menu and tap 'privacy & accounts'. Then tap 'manage location history'. This will sign you into GMaps and open the location sharing settings. Adjust those to taste then exit settings. Tap the GMaps icon in upper left corner. When menu drops down select 'my places'. So far as other places I would suggest the next time you are at 1 of those places that you do a check-in with latitude or tap on nearby places in maps and manually enter the info for the location.

satchmojr

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I come back to the Treat about sports cards. I've chose the Los Angeles Lakers as team. The card shows me the result. So no problem.
But when i want to see the recap or the results, Google switches to my browser (Google Chrome) and tells mee: " NBA.com ... there were too many redirects.. "

Any ideas?

Thx

(i'm using a Galaxy Nexus phone)

Matt Kibble

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Not seeing any Google now cards automatically, been collecting Google location and search history for over a month now and still don't even see weather for my locations. Anyone have any suggestions? I phoned Google support who claimed that now would not display any cards automatically but would display in response to searches only. Doesn't seem to match up with the claims made by Google about now.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing any Google now cards automatically, been collecting Google location and search history for over a month now and still don't even see weather for my locations. Anyone have any suggestions? I phoned Google support who claimed that now would not display any cards automatically but would display in response to searches only. Doesn't seem to match up with the claims made by Google about now.

You don't see any cards? Are you sure you have Now turned on? Open Search (tap the search bar) and hit the action bar, then settings, and check it.. Screenshots to show.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358808242975.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358808242975.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358808250753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358808250753.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 23

Matt Kibble

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm sure, tried all the easy stuff like turning on/off and checking search and location history etc but I've still got nothing!

Thanks for your reply

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky