One x+ officially announced by htc

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Far more than an upgraded Evo LTE. I wasn't aware the Evo LTE had a slower quad core. :p

This is a substantial improvement. Wasn't everybody mad that we didn't get quad core like the international version? Now we have it AND lte. And international doesn't get lte. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Who said the LTE had a quad core?

Could this possibly be the first android smartphone with a battery that lasts a whole day without a charge?

Sent from my htc_jewel using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
No, that would be my International HOX, where I often get 28 hours, but some days only 18.
Since I sleep, that is a whole day in my book.

Unless there is a HUGE difference in the battery of the 2I don't that unless you're a light user.

Let me rephrase -.well this be the first android smartphone to go all day without a charge WITH HEAVY USE?

If so, non removable battery doesn't matter, but the regular one x, razr maxx doesn't (close though), and no other phone.

But that's where removable batteries come into play

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless there is a HUGE difference in the battery of the 2I don't that unless you're a light user.

Let me rephrase -.well this be the first android smartphone to go all day without a charge WITH HEAVY USE?

If so, non removable battery doesn't matter, but the regular one x, razr maxx doesn't (close though), and no other phone.

But that's where removable batteries come into play

I'm trying to apply logic to the following scenario where the user has 2 batteries. For example if a battery were to last 6 - 7 hours under heavy use (gps navigation(LTE/4G), video streaming(LTE/4G), web browsing(LTE/4G), video recording/playback, and processor intensive games), then a fully charged replacement battery will give another 6 - 7 hours. At the end of that day you now have two batteries that are depleted. Unless the first battery is charged prior to the second being depleted, what is gained? The user is now having to manage a rotating schedule of keeping two batteries charged. Not to mention if they don't have to use the spare often, it loses a percentage of its charge while dormant. When swapping batteries the device has to be powered down, replacement battery is inserted, and then the user restarts the heavy usage task that they just previously ended (to swap batteries).

Since they increased the capacity of the battery and NVIDIA themselves stated how they optimized the processor to give both increased performance and power efficiency, I personally don't see how not having a non-removable battery is a negative compared to the scenario I described above.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
for most, it doesn't matter. But there are some people that use their phones differently... some people even TALK to other people on them. :)

I think I am always close to a charger, in almost every normal scenario, so built in battery is no issue. Were I using it heavily and no access to charger, that would be another matter. In many cases, it is more that there is an extra battery available... not so much that it gets used. I wouldn't want to worry about it all the time either, and if my livelihood depended on the phone...

It is simple really. Don't get the hox if you need an extra battery. These people know who they are(sales at my work). For the rest of us, it is a non issue. Storage people are also more and more of a minority. No offense intended :).

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
for most, it doesn't matter. But there are some people that use their phones differently... some people even TALK to other people on them. :)

I think I am always close to a charger, in almost every normal scenario, so built in battery is no issue. Were I using it heavily and no access to charger, that would be another matter. In many cases, it is more that there is an extra battery available... not so much that it gets used. I wouldn't want to worry about it all the time either, and if my livelihood depended on the phone...

It is simple really. Don't get the hox if you need an extra battery. These people know who they are(sales at my work). For the rest of us, it is a non issue. Storage people are also more and more of a minority. No offense intended :).

I belong with those storage people lol. As for battery no worries,always got my trusty 12000mAh battery bank on me:)

Sent from my S3:)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to apply logic to the following scenario where the user has 2 batteries. For example if a battery were to last 6 - 7 hours under heavy use (gps navigation(LTE/4G), video streaming(LTE/4G), web browsing(LTE/4G), video recording/playback, and processor intensive games), then a fully charged replacement battery will give another 6 - 7 hours. At the end of that day you now have two batteries that are depleted. Unless the first battery is charged prior to the second being depleted, what is gained? The user is now having to manage a rotating schedule of keeping two batteries charged. Not to mention if they don't have to use the spare often, it loses a percentage of its charge while dormant. When swapping batteries the device has to be powered down, replacement battery is inserted, and then the user restarts the heavy usage task that they just previously ended (to swap batteries).

Since they increased the capacity of the battery and NVIDIA themselves stated how they optimized the processor to give both increased performance and power efficiency, I personally don't see how not having a non-removable battery is a negative compared to the scenario I described above.

Um, charging batteries isn't hard.

Have one plugged in charging while you use your phone. What's hard about that?

I do it daily.

I get up to 12 hours with heavy usage.

Not bad at all

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Some of us hate being tethered to a charger just to use the phone.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Um, charging batteries isn't hard.

Have one plugged in charging while you use your phone. What's hard about that?

I do it daily.

I get up to 12 hours with heavy usage.

Not bad at all

I got it. After your 12 hours of heavy use, you swap in the fully charged spare. Then you place the depleted battery in a charger for 12 hours, while you are using the spare. So you never have to plug your phone in to charge it since this can be done everyday.

Seems more convenient than having to hunt down an outlet for charging a phone when not in use or when you're stationary. I'm missing out.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it. After your 12 hours of heavy use, you swap in the fully charged spare. Then you place the depleted battery in a charger for 12 hours, while you are using the spare. So you never have to plug your phone in to charge it since this can be done everyday.

Seems more convenient than having to hunt down an outlet for charging a phone when not in use or when you're stationary. I'm missing out.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Except if he's gone for longer than that one battery lasts he now has to charge two batteries. One in a dedicated charger and the other in the phone. So you're still partially tethered to a charger (although you're probably sleeping).

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Except if he's gone for longer than that one battery lasts he now has to charge two batteries. One in a dedicated charger and the other in the phone. So you're still partially tethered to a charger (although you're probably sleeping).

And neither the cost of that dedicated charger, or waking up in the middle of the night to swap batteries so both can charge, is never mentioned by battery swappers.

By far the easiest and cheapest solution is an external battery pack. For around $55 you can find these with upwards of 8500mAh, enough to recharge the phone 4 times, while its IN YOUR POCKET. It will also charge your bluetooth.

Half the people claiming they need to swap batteries spend their day driving, where a cigarette lighter charger is readily at hand. The other half are in class all day. I'm really hard pressed to figure who these people are that have all day to spend on the phone, with no down time between calls that could be used to charge.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I kind of failed in my response by trying to show that using that type of math (12 hours of heavy use) to illustrate the amount of inconvenience of managing a charging cycle. There is no way that you will ever have to fully charged batteries unless you cut the phone completely off, which at that point the "Heavy Usage" claim is inert.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Impressions here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-o...battery-sense-4-and-jelly-bean?style_mobile=0

I like it. Did you catch the part where the US version has LTE?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Still no removable battery or SD card. But certainly 64gb is more than enough. How have you found the battery to be on your One X Kevin? I have the SGS2 and couldn't dream of a full day unless it is off.

Edit: sorry Missed the other posts.thanks.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And neither the cost of that dedicated charger, or waking up in the middle of the night to swap batteries so both can charge, is never mentioned by battery swappers.

By far the easiest and cheapest solution is an external battery pack. For around $55 you can find these with upwards of 8500mAh, enough to recharge the phone 4 times, while its IN YOUR POCKET. It will also charge your bluetooth.

Half the people claiming they need to swap batteries spend their day driving, where a cigarette lighter charger is readily at hand. The other half are in class all day. I'm really hard pressed to figure who these people are that have all day to spend on the phone, with no down time between calls that could be used to charge.

I think the swap is key when you are out late. At a concert or sporting event where you are snapping photos etc. It is nice to have that extra battery. A portable charger works too but is considerably bulkier.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the swap is key when you are out late. At a concert or sporting event where you are snapping photos etc. It is nice to have that extra battery. A portable charger works too but is considerably bulkier.

Concerts and sporting events ain't everyday, although I get your point. :D

Author Of NoobTech
http://wp.me/2uu9r

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Might not last a Cricket match, but the HOX will easily out last even an extra innings baseball game and the drive home.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41