[ALL IN ONE] The HTC Thunderbolt Tool!

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I tired to root my phone with your tool. (I had used it once before) I followed the directions or so I thought and the phone rebooted and was at the the bootloader screen that said usb bootloader. I waited and nothing happened. I unplugged the phone and installed clockword mod and it kept telling me I was not rooted. Did I miss something?

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I tired to root my phone with your tool. (I had used it once before) I followed the directions or so I thought and the phone rebooted and was at the the bootloader screen that said usb bootloader. I waited and nothing happened. I unplugged the phone and installed clockword mod and it kept telling me I was not rooted. Did I miss something?

Run option 4 in the extras menu

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am flashing back and fourth between liquid, team bamf and stock. I have installed titamin backup and I have been installing all of my apps on each rom. Once I get them all set they way I want I will start using one for a while and then change to another till I get where I really like one better than the other. After rooting and installing the app 4EXT flashing could not be any easier. Joe0121, there is lots of help here and all you have to do is just ask. Good luck.

ben.jii

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Tool threw me what I'm assuming is a weird error: it said that my phone was missing the SU binary and so only gave me the option to unroot or reinstall SU. As far as I'm aware, the phone's never been rooted or messed with before. It's Verizon and on the latest update. I tried installing the SU binary in what turned out to be a terrible, terrible decision (the program stopped sensing the phone and the phone itself wouldn't load past HBoot), but a factory restore fixed everything. It's still s-on, unrooted, and giving me the same message ("no SU binary") when I connect it to the tool. I have no idea what happened.

Last edited:

ben.jii

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
NEVERMIND
I'm using my mother's old phone. She/the guy who switched over our phone numbers told me it was a Thunderbolt and I just took it on their word, but now that I'm actually googling product names, this looks nothing like it. Must be another HTC phone. Sorry for the trouble. :-[

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz