I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

anon(1019781)

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, I remember you pitting the iOS Google search app against the Galaxy Nexus. The iOS search seemed to be more feature rich, showing you movie trailers automatically and having the text show up automatically as you say it instead of after you're done talking. Has 4.2 put the voice search on par with the iOS app?

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When your review goes live, can we have some notification light images & maybe a side by side view with the one x screen for comparison.

Also, how fast does this phone boot up? :)

I hope earphone volume is Loud! - can you confirm?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ironhalik

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for answering my question, Phil. I've got another one, a little subjective though. How are the black levels on the N4s display? I love the GNex true, seamlessly integrating with the bezel, black color. For me, LCDs always-on backlight, is the only downside so far, when considering an upgrade.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Can you do the following and report how it seems?

1. On the homescreen of an iphone, swipe your finger back and forth as fast as you can and note how much lag (or lack of a lag) there is in the in the icon movements relative to your finger

2. Do the same on the Nexus 4's app drawer

Is it close?

Joet

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
1) Does the touch screen lacks sensitivity (especially when typing) when the battery is charging near to 100% (somewhere 93% onward). Earth yourself to make it worse.

This was an problem on GSM Galaxy Nexus.

2) Does Wifi Direct works for file sharing in Android 4.2?

I have a GSM Nexus and have never seen this, and have never even heard of the issue.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The back of the phone seems to be flat and made of glass. The speaker seems to be flush with the glass. How can you hear it ring if you set it on its back on say, a wooden table? I'm sure a way for it to produce sound but it doesn't seem obvious upon seeing it.
take a look at this. there will be some space when you place it in table because of the small curve at the edge of the back.
but we have to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=66-4uMQqerA#t=272s

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess but then again your not Phi j/k. Well with Thunderbolt off the bat when came out he guessed the kick stand would star flaking and he was right. I don't see with Phil's experience he couldn't see a potential problem.
Point taken. ;)

Phil, I actually don't see much "chrome" on the case in the press pics ... looks like there's only a very thin line of trim between the front bezel and the actual screen glass. (And apparently the nexus" logo on the back.) Does it catch the light when you're handling it? Bright, or kinda subtle? Like it?

... Not a question, but something I'd like to see in your review. Specs lists the front camera as "1.3 MP 720p video." Woah ... unlike the N7, it will record 720p video from the front (1080p out the back for those who're wondering)! Wonder if that hi-res video will show up in Google+ Talk / Hangouts....

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do the chrome accents show or get scratches easily?
Will the chrome accents flake off like my beloved thunderbolt does?
How does the outer edges of N4 that surround the device feel?
Is there any soft touch coating on the edges?
How is the weight of he N4 and does the N4's weight feel balanced in your hands?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Last post and then I will just wait for the review.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
What's your thoughts on the lock screen pages? To me it seems to negate any "security" at all, since now without knowing the passcode you can see the person's emails, texts, etc. But I'm curious in use how this seems to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel45