AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
U don't have a PC? lol

Don't want one, either. My MacBook Pro works just fine for me. Always had trouble with Kies. It deleted my whole music file (about 10 gbs.), but luckily for me, i have DropBox as a back-up. Don't trust Kies with a Mac, not yet anyway. I'll wait for the OTA update from AT&T.:p

CrazyCamel369#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Sweet baby Jesus! I was going to post about this because I connected my phone into Kies to xfer songs but I'm glad everyone else is getting it! Woot woot!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Latest version of Kies for Mac(Lion) doesn't work. I'll wait for the OTA from AT&T. :p

Hrmm I downloaded Kies earlier for the first time for Mountain Lion, and then downloaded the update to Kies from there without a hitch. Once my SIII was connected to my MacBook Pro Kies immediately detected that there was an update for my phone, and within 30 minutes, I am happy to report that I now have JELLY BEAN!!! This is an awesome update, and worth the wait, and all of my complaining!!! Here's to hoping Verizon is next!

DRUETSR

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing an update via kies. Updated kies, no change. Uninstalled kies, downloaded from keis website, no change. Used 2 different Samsung USB cables, no change. Anything else to try?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm sad. :( If only I stuck with my S3 long enough...

Come on, AT&T! Us HOX owners are still waiting here! :mad:

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing an update via kies. Updated kies, no change. Uninstalled kies, downloaded from keis website, no change. Used 2 different Samsung USB cables, no change. Anything else to try?
I'm pretty sure the cable has nothing to do with it as I used the cable that came with my HP TouchPad. As soon as I installed Kies for Mac, and rebooted my MacBook Pro, then reloaded Kies. It said there was an update for Kies. Once Kies was updated, I plugged in my SIII and immediately was notified of the Jelly Bean 4.1 update. As a Mac user I was worried this would be a mess, but the upgrade experience was effortless.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Nice!
Good news

I am restoring my GS3 to stock and will update to JB soon. I've been running CM10 for a few weeks :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

b21bizzle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just recently switched from iphone to the S3. Can someone please tell me how to do this Kies thing? Lol. Do I have to download the software from samsung?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just recently switched from iphone to the S3. Can someone please tell me how to do this Kies thing? Lol. Do I have to download the software from samsung?

Are you running Windows or Mac? I did a quick search on Bing(just kidding I used Google) for "Kies for Mac" downloaded from the Samsung site, plugged my S3 into my MacBook Pro, and let Kies tell me there was an update. Really easy to do honestly, even as a Mac user.

sk8mdw

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Will a Kies backup on ICS and restore after the update to JB work? I want to back up texts, E-mail settings and ringtone preferences.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

mwz123

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine already download... i just have to wait... Because my batt is low... What do you think my batt level has to be before it lets me install it?