Now that the S4 has beaten the One, the next round is vs Xperia Z

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, seriously. Does this guy work for that website or something? lol

You took what Jas said incorrectly. He was referring to the fact that you have to go through 10+ pages or so it seems to see the whole review. Thus giving them a lot more page views...

The OP was just being helpful.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes she can! Yes she can! Come on, Sony marketing - get with it!

I guess you did not see the pics from MWC of the model using the xperia in the shower? Very nice looking, but not enough against the S4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Geez, you don't think they're a little biased, do you? I've never visited that site before, but just reading the intro paragraphs it's clear they expected the Samsung to win before they even bothered doing the comparison.

I also don't understand their battery life numbers. I suppose that as a comparative tool it might have some value, but no one is ever going to approach the kind of numbers they publish in real life.

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Save it to Pocket and it will join all the pages into one article.

Isn't there a Firefox plugin that unwraps multipage articles? I read the review and it's a pretty good one. But yeah it's annoying to plod through 11 pages to read 11 paragraphs. Kind of like the video reviews that have a guy yakking for 15 minutes to present 2 minutes of actual material.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
What was really interesting in that review was what it didn't talk about. I noticed in the data that the Samsung Note 2 was included in the test. Not only is it faster than the S3 was, it's battery lasts nearly as well as a Maxx. I knew there was a reason I love this thing :) And yeah I know this isn't the N2 forum. We now return to our regularly scheduled troll on troll deathmatch. :p

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Do they deliver, too? ;)

Seriously, the Xperia Z looks like a pretty nice phone. Not in the S4's class but nice.
Might be competition for the One.

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Do they deliver, too? ;)

Seriously, the Xperia Z looks like a pretty nice phone. Not in the S4's class but nice.

I think the Z is going to sell just fine. I wish other makers would pay attention to the fact that phones are used by people and people tend sometimes to get things wet. So, the good IP rating, nice looking, excellent screen, acceptable performance - Sony isn't going to have any problems selling this.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the Z is going to sell just fine. I wish other makers would pay attention to the fact that phones are used by people and people tend sometimes to get things wet. So, the good IP rating, nice looking, excellent screen, acceptable performance - Sony isn't going to have any problems selling this.

Nice to see a post like this unbiased opinion and not the typical Samsung. fanboy rant about how Samsung are the gods of smartphones

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I do not believe they are selling the Z in the US. We will get the ZL which is a bit smaller and not water resistant. So no, I do not think it will be a contender here.

Not trying to be a fanboy, just being realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I do not believe they are selling the Z in the US. We will get the ZL which is a bit smaller and not water resistant. So no, I do not think it will be a contender here.
That's what I read - none of the US carriers will have that (Z) version. Anyone here who wants one will have to get it full price. Great phone for those who don't like cases. Xperia Z *First Impressions* - YouTube

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Do they deliver, too? ;)

Trying to be funny? The s4 isn't in a better league than HTC. Good effort at snide humor though I guess

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Trying to be funny? The s4 isn't in a better league than HTC. Good effort at snide humor though I guess

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Let's see, better camera (even at low light), better screen with far more natural colors, bloated all to **** but can turn off everything unlike blinkfeed, faster, will get far more updates and support from the OEM...should I go on?

In the looks department, I agree, the HTC one has no equal. But everything else please.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d