Over night battery drop?

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have only took notice of this the last couple of nights but my battery is dropping by exactly 12% over night, anyone else experiencing this and is that normal? Seems a bit much to me, Turning off the phone is not an option, i think the majority of users leave there phones on over night anyway for personal reasons! Anyway i went to sleep with the phone on 65% and woke with it on 53% , any thoughts?

(i dont think theres any apps running either because i always double tap the home button and swipe away all apps before going asleep)

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked the battery usage, in settings, and seen if any rogue process is running in the background all night?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
12% over let's say 8 hours sounds really good actually. That's only 1.5% per hour. Your phone still has things it needs to do while you're sleeping.

I haven't had enough time with the One yet to know how well it works, but the "power saver" might reduce this even further. Using the One X+ when I had long days of meetings with no charger in sight I would set the power saver in the morning and then use the phone as normal. I saw no real detrimental effect to performance for day to day tasks like email and text, but the battery life was greatly extended.

Though for this use case, I would guess that many (most?) people plug their phones in over night.

Last edited:

zdecke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have only took notice of this the last couple of nights but my battery is dropping by exactly 12% over night, anyone else experiencing this and is that normal? Seems a bit much to me, Turning off the phone is not an option, i think the majority of users leave there phones on over night anyway for personal reasons! Anyway i went to sleep with the phone on 65% and woke with it on 53% , any thoughts?

(i dont think theres any apps running either because i always double tap the home button and swipe away all apps before going asleep)

I made the mistake of assuming that you meant it was dropping 12% while plugged in overnight, haha. That made me really concerned for a second.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
12% over let's say 8 hours sounds really good actually. That's only 1.5% per hour. Your phone is still has things it needs to do while you're sleeping.

I haven't had enough time with the One yet to know how well it works, but the "power saver" might reduce this even further. Using the One X+ when I had long days of meetings with no charger in sight I would set the power saver in the morning and then use the phone as normal. I saw no real detrimental effect to performance for day to day tasks like email and text, but the battery life was greatly extended.

Though for this use case, I would guess that many (most?) people plug their phones in over night.

When you put it like that it doesnt sound too bad i guess but i dont recall any of my previous phones ever having such a drop over night, I think my s3 used to drop by 3 or 4% was all! Iam not using any widgets other then the clock widget and amazing text and i use magic locker instead of the default lock screen, thats it!!

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
12% over let's say 8 hours sounds really good actually. That's only 1.5% per hour. Your phone still has things it needs to do while you're sleeping.

and if i remember correctly, there's an option to turn off 3G/4G or something when there's a long stretch of inactivity. That might help too.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
and if i remember correctly, there's an option to turn off 3G/4G or something when there's a long stretch of inactivity. That might help too.

I always have 3g turned off,i have no need for it and see no difference in having it off or not, Iam almost always connected to wifi unless iam out so i do leave wifi on though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23