skyraider 2.2

rice247

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried both. Vanilla is good but I do miss some of the Sense widgets. With the Sense version, my phone would never go to sleep. I am going to re download it and try it again to see if that fixes it.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro is not part of the ROM...but it takes just a few moments to download and runs great.

Steve in CT

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I used the stock version yesterday and it was great, I have been bouncing back and forth between stock ROMs and Sense since I first rooted. I cannot get away from friendstream though, so I always end up back with sense.

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, maybe it is part of launcher pro plus that is letting me hide my apps, I was just so excited about that feature and didn't discover it till today that I thought it was skyraider that was allowing me to do it.

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe this crap.... spent most of the day downgrading back to 2.1 stock to fix a kernel/camera issue... re downloaded everything needed to install 2.2 update and this ROM... now I don't have my f#$%^ camera again.... WTF!!!

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I spoke too soon. I did a couple reboots and now the flickering is gone.

You may be right. I've noticed it very rarely, but it seems like the screen dims for just a moment. Otherwise, they both run very well. Anyone tried the new Jagerrom, yet?

Last edited:

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
for the person that was having trouble with his phone not going to sleep, someone claims its a hulu app problem, you have you close it out via "running apps" and then your phone will go to sleep

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
for the person that was having trouble with his phone not going to sleep, someone claims its a hulu app problem, you have you close it out via "running apps" and then your phone will go to sleep

Sounds right. Hulu doesn't seem to want to sure down unless you make it.

danman7

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Curious, I running bone stock Incredible 2.1. No root, no nothing. I've been contemplating moving on up to a custom ROM.

I've heard there's issue with battery use and charging. What about Skyraider? Any issues with battery usage or charging here?

CBfan17

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble getting facebook to sync with their address book using SR 2.2 Vanilla? If so is there a workaround? thanks in advance!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
izzycnade - Are you certain that the radio update took? Is your baseband version 2.05.00.06.11? It's the only reason that I can see for the camera to not work.

danman7 - Haven't had any charging issues regardless of ROM I use. Since using the 2.2 ROMs I have actually seen my battery life improve.

AndroidFan17 - It seems that I can link Facebook accounts with People, but it the pictures don't seem to sync. I'm using the Socialite port instead of Facebook though.

JTEastwood - I'm not getting a gmail force close on boot up.

Steve in CT

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know where to get some of the wallpapers from this rom? I went back to stock because of too many self caused errors but would like some of the wallpapers back...anyone know how to extract them?

rob_ashsu

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
very big problem, flash is not working for me. as in i cant watch any episodes from southparkstudios.com on my phone and the hulu app isn't playing videos either. if this isn't fixed im going back to regular stock 2.2 update or w/e its called

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
motoroid,

It may not be clear if you are running ROM Manager, but Flash needs to be installed from the SD Card. Use Astro to browse to the SkyRaider folder. Launch the Flash file with the installer and you'll be good to go.

I can't speak to the specifics of the issue, but Hulu wasn't playing nice if it was included as an install in the ROM.

Steve in CT

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Per Unrevoked via twitter: "A warning: the SkyRaider for the inc has a higher then average chance of causing "USB bricked" devices, we will try to work on a fix."

and then a couple hours later"Sorry if our last tweet sounded a little disastrous, we're working with the author of SkyRaider to resolve these issues."

Anyone know anything about usb bricking? Would the problem show up immediately or could there be a scenario where things are working fine for a few days/weeks and then it's bricked?