This week is iOS's last chance

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually it is related to Android because it is "open" so therefore Google does not have control of its own OS in terms of both features and software updates. Nexus phones are not big sellers and Google has never been in the customer service/support business for Android or their services so you are kind of on your own when you buy one. Now they have made a great move to be able to update their services and apps without OEM and carrier approval but again it leaves them powerless when it comes to their OS and features added by OEMs.

To a point that's somewhat correct, but the manufactures don't have any desire of their own to update your device. They sell it with whatever version it's on and expect that'll be good enough for most consumers. If you buy a device with 4.1 on it and want one with 5.0, they'd really rather you buy their device that ships with 5.0 on it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Two things that Android does better are 1. File management and 2. Sharing to apps.

But some apps do work better on iPhones. Vine for example is better on iPhones. And they have Video Star. Great app and nothing compares to it on android yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Two things that Android does better are 1. File management and 2. Sharing to apps.

But some apps do work better on iPhones. Vine for example is better on iPhones. And they have Video Star. Great app and nothing compares to it on android yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Relating to the app sharing, iOS 7 has all the API's to share to any compatible app.

Posted via Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That's a great idea... I wonder where they got such an obvious idea.... Hmmmm.

Sent from my Nexus 4

They never said it was their idea. Lemme get this straight. People complain Apple doesn't have feature X,Apple implements feature X people still complain Apple isn't original WTF are they meant to do?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
They never said it was their idea. Lemme get this straight. People complain Apple doesn't have feature X,Apple implements feature X people still complain Apple isn't original WTF are they meant to do?

Do something original.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Not sue others over silly things.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Here are the answers:

Do something original.

We probably wouldn't think anything of Apple's blatant copying if it weren't for the fact that they were the one were litigating over rectangular devices with rounded corners.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Well that is an easy one. What they need to do is change their internal philosophy. Starting with thinking they invented everything. Then they need to stop suing people for stupid things. So my comments are only to give them a bit of their own medicine. Medicine that I believe they deserve to swallow.

My problem with Apple has never been about their products. It has been with their arrogant elitist attitude. No one likes playing in the playground with the rich kid that lords over all the other kids and doesn't share their Smarties.

I honestly thought that Tim Cook was trying hard to repair the negativity that all the legal actions have produced. Until they just added the S4 to their list of products that are supposedly violating their patents.

No Smarties for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well that is an easy one. What they need to do is change their internal philosophy. Starting with thinking they invented everything. Then they need to stop suing people for stupid things. So my comments are only to give them a bit of their own medicine. Medicine that I believe they deserve to swallow.

My problem with Apple has never been about their products. It has been with their arrogant elitist attitude. No one likes playing in the playground with the rich kid that lords over all the other kids and doesn't share their Smarties.

I honestly thought that Tim Cook was trying hard to repair the negativity that all the legal actions have produced. Until they just added the S4 to their list of products that are supposedly violating their patents.

No Smarties for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Well he is. You do realise the product development team and legal team are different right?******* treat them as such. Besides Tim apologised for the maps thing Steve would have never done, Tim however did. Apple was never arrogant,Steve was I say Tim is trying to stop suing and is trying to resolve law suits. And what legal action? They still broke the iPhone 4S pre order numbers,how is that negative.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Do something original.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Here are the answers:

We probably wouldn't think anything of Apple's blatant copying if it weren't for the fact that they were the one were litigating over rectangular devices with rounded corners.

There are no NEW lawsuits. understand this. besides the engineering team is separate from the legal team, lets ******* keep it that way ok?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There are no NEW lawsuits. understand this. besides the engineering team is separate from the legal team, lets ******* keep it that way ok?
If Cook wanted to drop all the law suits he could. They added the S4 to the list. This shows they are continuing to litigate rather than innovate.

You say that the legal department and engineering team are different. They are but they are still run by the main decision makers. Do you think Steve Jobs had no say in starting the legal issues? Then why should Cook not be also part of this process? If he means to stop it, then he should stop it.

I think he's just trying to see if he can squeeze out some of that bogus 1 billion dollar case. After that he will probably settle things down.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I want the CEO of my company to say the stuff we do is the best thing ever.

I want the CEO of my company to call what we do innovative.

I want the CEO of my company believe that our products are the best.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I want the CEO of my company to say the stuff we do is the best thing ever.

I want the CEO of my company to call what we do innovative.

I want the CEO of my company believe that our products are the best.

I don't have want the CEO of my company to lie, steal credit, and sue over stupid things.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have want the CEO of my company to lie, steal credit, and sue over stupid things.

Every non-Apple CEO must be a saint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia