This week is iOS's last chance

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
At what point did it become necessary to crucify Jobs in order to defend Apple? That's probably blasphemy in some circles. I've noticed that neither Google nor Apple does precisely what I think they ought to do.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
At what point did it become necessary to crucify Jobs in order to defend Apple? That's probably blasphemy in some circles. I've noticed that neither Google nor Apple does precisely what I think they ought to do.

Exactly. We should start pointing out all the mistakes of Google. Just because Apple is popular doesn't mean they are the only company to do this.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. We should start pointing out all the mistakes of Google. Just because Apple is popular doesn't mean they are the only company to do this.

Mistakes? Google and their executives can do no wrong.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Or just come to the realization that, despite their competing philosophies in terms of design, etc, both agree on one thing: their purpose as a company is not to benefit consumers. The perception of benefit is how they make money.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
In comparison to Steve Jobs, Tim Cook is a hands off CEO.

That being stated, he is the final decision maker. Unless the Board of Directors wish to replace him, everything is under his direction.

If you think that any changes to lawsuits additions, subtractions, settlements, does not happen without his blessing, you are absolutely wrong.

I have see and dealt with too many companies where they get a new CEO and the CEO decided to change the direction of things based on whatever whim he/she feels like.

And not a single one of them would be doing their jobs if their companies were involved in lawsuits and they didn't have any say or oversight on them.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I want the CEO of my company to say the stuff we do is the best thing ever.

I want the CEO of my company to call what we do innovative.

I want the CEO of my company believe that our products are the best.

I want the Ceo of my company to not be a self centered sociopath.

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Okay let's discuss it? I'm all for it. Dig up the dirt. Tell us how Google is screwing us all over.

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay one part of that video was false. They said that they read your email. Not true.

But as far as them using my search data and preferences to better monetize their products and better deliver what I am interested in. Have at it.

And the big thing here is that I have a choice. If I don't like Google I can use IE or Firefox and Bing. If I opt to use Google's free services it comes at a cost.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay one part of that video was false. They said that they read your email. Not true.

But as far as them using my search data and preferences to better monetize their products and better deliver what I am interested in. Have at it.

And the big thing here is that I have a choice. If I don't like Google I can use IE or Firefox and Bing. If I opt to use Google's free services it comes at a cost.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Actually I posted it because I love that video. Also I thought they use a contextual scanning system on email to properly target advertisements on gmail. I am pretty sure of it. Now they may not have human eyes reading it, but something is scanning it.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually I posted it because I love that video. Also I thought they use a contextual scanning system on email to properly target advertisements on gmail. I am pretty sure of it. Now they may not have human eyes reading it, but something is scanning it.

But the data isn't stored.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that is invasion of privacy but depending on how it is used it could be as you say. But regardless if it doesn't impact you personally then I'm okay with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Most are certainly better than Cook in that sense.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

No, they're really not. Eric Schmidt certainly wasn't. Larry page isn't either. There isn't really a CEO in the tech world (maybe Marissa Mayer being the exception) that's not a complete jackass.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali