Positioning the cursor when editing to add a space?

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
When editing text, I can't seem to be able to position the input point between characters - like if I want to split the word. Is there a way? The way this works in iOS seems to be somewhat easier than in Android. Any hints?

Thanks,

doug

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Holding down on the text should pop up a blue arrow. Hold the arrow and drag it to the point you want to insert more text.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Holding down on the text should pop up a blue arrow. Hold the arrow and drag it to the point you want to insert more text.

I must not be agile enough. There seem to be two arrows, so no matter what I end up selecting at least one character.

It's also hard to see because your finger is covering what you are selecting!

I wonder if there is a way to have the selected region show up above your finger, like with iOS.

doug

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
When editing text, I can't seem to be able to position the input point between characters - like if I want to split the word. Is there a way? The way this works in iOS seems to be somewhat easier than in Android. Any hints?

Thanks,

doug

I can get the pointer to go between letters, but never the one I intended. My solution is to use a keyboard with arrow keys like Hacker's Keyboard. It has numbers and arrow keys like a real keyboard for us 'old' guys who learned how to type on one.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I must not be agile enough. There seem to be two arrows, so no matter what I end up selecting at least one character.

It's also hard to see because your finger is covering what you are selecting!

I wonder if there is a way to have the selected region show up above your finger, like with iOS.

doug
Hold your finger down at the end of the text and you should get just one arrow.....

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Where? The pictures and descriptions on the Play Store for SwiftKey don't show or talk about cursor keys.

If you are using the tablet version it's not very intuitive :
Tap the 123, button,
then the, {&=, button,
and they're on that screen.
If your using the phone version it's in the settings, and they stay displayed all the time when the keyboard is visible.

Both versions work on 7" tablets

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers