My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

no rep once what so ever
I'm not sure what that means - are you saying that nothing comes up on the screen; no LED; no vibration?

Are you sure the battery is charged? Have you tried a different wall charger AND cable? Do you know someone with an S3 that can charge the battery for you?

If the battery is fully charged and it won't even power on in Download mode then it's time to take it to your local carrier store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

michelle sarmiento

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

my s3 froze and i removed the battery but when it won't turn on again, i tried the things that you said

*Take the battery out for a couple of minutes, put it back and (without turning the phone back on) plug it in to a charger. After a couple of moments you should see the battery graphic, showing the battery charging. Let it charge (regardless of the battery level that it shows) for an hour or so, then try turning it on again and see what happens.

*Can you try booting into Recovery mode (with the phone completely off, press the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously and release them all when you see the splash screen)? If that works you can try clearing the cache and then reboot.
If the phone just buzzes, can you take the battery out, try turning the phone on, then put the battery back in and try it again.

before but nothing works, please help me.

nothing comes up on the screen; no LED; no vibration. its just dead

Last edited:

michele lelah

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I have tried pressing th column up and power on button. The phone vibrates and flashes the google logo for a second then nothing.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
nothing comes up on the screen; no LED; no vibration. its just dead
When the phone is off and you plug the charger in, you don't see the little battery graphic which shows that the phone is charging?

If not, try this - pull the battery, then plug the charger in, then put the battery back in. Now do you see the battery graphic?

If neither of those cause the phone to show the charging graphic, try a different charger AND cable. If that doesn't make any difference then a visit to your local carrier store is in order.

I have tried pressing th column up and power on button. The phone vibrates and flashes the google logo for a second then nothing.
Do you mean the Samsung logo?

What are you expecting to happen with the Volume Up and Power button? You won't get into Recovery or Download mode with that sequence - view the earlier posts for the correct key sequences.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

agusiek

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My gs3 does the same, it turns on normally but as the samsung logo appears then its back to the o2 logo and back to the samsung and it just does that all the time. Ive tried hard reset and still nothing.
Please help?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I've tried hard reset and still nothing.
What do you mean by "hard reset" - that you were able to boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory data reset?
If that's the case, boot into Recovery mode again and clear the cache.
If that doesn't help then it's time to reload the OS, or take it to your local O2 store, whichever is easier.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Volume up, power and HOME. Make sure the phone is off, press and HOLD all three buttons until you see the Samsung logo, then release all three buttons.

AlejandraChavez23

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi my samsung Galaxy S3 froze and wont start up, i was wondering if i press the "wipe data/ factory reset" would it delete everything on my phone like pictures, contacts, etc...? :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure how you can press "wipe data/factory reset" if the phone won't turn on, but if you were able to - yes, it would clear any pictures/videos stored on the internal memory, and would wipe out your contacts, call logs, SMS/MMS, etc.

If you have your information synced with Google then you'd get your contacts right back after setting up your account again, and your apps would automatically be reinstalled (if you have that enabled), but the rest would be gone.

Anything saved on your SD card (if you have one) would still be intact.

arshad bangash

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Hello,
I was using my gs3 this morning and then it suddenly shutoff. Please help!

i have also the same issue in the morning ....that problem came by corupting moble software. the only solution for this is to do a software to the galaxy. i will 100% work.
software can be done in mobile software repairing shop.

teggan22

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

hi,

this happened to me as well. it turns out that SIIIs have a fault relating to something called the IC chip which regulates power from the battery to the phone os and apps. If the IC unit fritzes out, the phone doesn't respond. If this happens (or your SIII is not responding at all to anything) take it to your Samsung service center and they will fix it or replace it if it is still within the warranty period. (24 months from purchase). In the UK, use this Find Service Locations | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK

I've done this and Samsung fixed it, no questions asked.
good luck!:)

Demareo Simmons

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I Flashed a Ics Rom And My Phone Wont turn on completely it wont go to Recovery or Download Mode What Do I do?? PLZZZZ HELP

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

If your phone won't boot into Download mode you're pretty much hosed - if you can find someone that offers JTAG services they might be able to recover it.

AshweeeN

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
If I do a recovery, will it delete everything I have in my phone? like pictures and videos?

I cannot even turn on my phone or even get it to recovery mode. what can i do?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I cannot even turn on my phone or even get it to recovery mode.
There's quite a bit of difference between not being able to turn it on and not being able to get into Recovery mode - which is it?
If the phone won't turn on at all, what happened to it (dropped; got wet; battery died; etc)?
What have you already tried (took battery out for a few minutes; charged battery with phone off; saw battery graphic; etc)?

Jacob Perales

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

phone: galaxy s3 T999
i rooted my phone and tried installing a rom and after the reset it stayed doing the animation on start up.. i kept turning it off and trying to put in recovery mode but it kept leaving me in the animation screen but i finally got it to recovery mode and i installed a different rom during the installation my phone shut off and has been off since then.. at first my phone was giving me no response but now when the battery is out and i plug it in the red led light turns on but once i put the battery in the light goes off.. and i when i would plug it in to the laptop i got no response but now it shows its trying to install the drivers for the phone...any suggestions on what to do?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Jacob,
With the phone completely off and the charger plugged in, do you get a battery graphic showing the current charge level?
You'll want to be sure the battery is at least 50% before fiddling around with firmware loading.

I'd suggest trying to boot the phone in Download mode - if that works, you can use Odin to try to reload the firmware of your choice or the Kies software to reload the stock firmware.

randomafk

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

phone: galaxy s3 T999
i rooted my phone and tried installing a rom and after the reset it stayed doing the animation on start up.. i kept turning it off and trying to put in recovery mode but it kept leaving me in the animation screen but i finally got it to recovery mode and i installed a different rom during the installation my phone shut off and has been off since then.. at first my phone was giving me no response but now when the battery is out and i plug it in the red led light turns on but once i put the battery in the light goes off.. and i when i would plug it in to the laptop i got no response but now it shows its trying to install the drivers for the phone...any suggestions on what to do?

I'm running into the EXACT same issue! did you just recently update to the latest ROM, as well?

I upgraded to the latest version of cyanogenmod and it worked great. But then it started running into the same issues - apps started freezing, so I began rebooting it. Then it got stuck on the boot animation. And now it can't even turn on.

But the red light is still on, if I remove the battery and plug it in to charge.

Any ideas?

Payton Wheeler

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

My phone is having sorta the same problem, except it will randomly try to turn itself on too (of course not making it past the splash screen) and then turn off again. When plugged in I can occasionally get the charging graphic to appear, and when it does, it looks like the battery is near full. I managed to get it into download mode for about 2 seconds, then tried recovery mode, did a cache wipe, and still nothing. this is the 3rd GS3 I've had in just under a year because they keep breaking, and not due to being dropped or anything. Is there anything else to try, or am I outta luck?

EDIT

Since I cleared the cache, I can't even get it to the splash screen now.