Issue my new s24 plus

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You probably had a app go rogue for whatever reason and the phone restarted on its own to protect the phone. Samsung does have auto restart set to restart when phone detects it's needed. Probably won't have another issue, apps act up every now and then. If it keeps happening then start paying attention to the apps being used in the battery settings as mustang showed and watch for a common app that's always showing up with high usage.

As far as forced updates being installed, you usually have plenty of notice it's coming, such as you keep delaying the install over and over, it will eventually force the install. If this was a forced update you would have seen updating finalizing in notification drop down after restart and you would have gotten a pop up box saying your OS was updated that you have to click ok. This don't sound like a OS update to me.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Does it seem to happen when you get home and connect to your home WiFi? There is no WiFi in my building where I work, so it is turned off (the WiFi) all day. I noticed it was heating up and battery life got worse over the weekend while I was at home. I don't use my phone as much at home, I use my tablet and PCs more while at home.

The problem, is like you said, it seems random.
I wasn't in wifi when it happened it was in 4g lte when it happened

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
You probably had a app go rogue for whatever reason and the phone restarted on its own to protect the phone. Samsung does have auto restart set to restart when phone detects it's needed. Probably won't have another issue, apps act up every now and then. If it keeps happening then start paying attention to the apps being used in the battery settings as mustang showed and watch for a common app that's always showing up with high usage.

As far as forced updates being installed, you usually have plenty of notice it's coming, such as you keep delaying the install over and over, it will eventually force the install. If this was a forced update you would have seen updating finalizing in notification drop down after restart and you would have gotten a pop up box saying your OS was updated that you have to click ok. This don't sound like a OS update to me.
Even when I had no apps open? I clear out of everything once I'm done using it I hate everything running in the background lol I always clear whatever app I'm in right as soon as I'm done

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Even when I had no apps open? I clear out of everything once I'm done using it I hate everything running in the background lol I always clear whatever app I'm in right as soon as I'm done
This is Android, you always have apps running. Closing all apps is actually a huge negative with Android and Android will always just open apps again in the background.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yeah. Sometimes apps don't always close all the way. I've noticed a flurry of app updates being pushed from Google Play and Galaxy app stores. I am wondering if this could be a factor.
This is Android, you always have apps running. Closing all apps is actually a huge negative with Android and Android will always just open apps again in the background.
It is not just an Android thing. Every OS has background services that have to run. All it takes is a poorly written app.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. Sometimes apps don't always close all the way. I've noticed a flurry of app updates being pushed from Google Play and Galaxy app stores. I am wondering if this could be a factor.

It is not just an Android thing. Every OS has background services that have to run. All it takes is a poorly written app.
I just noticed that this morning something updated and I didn't start it it was a galaxy app that updated on its own

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you using any custom themes or hex themes? I have used some hex themes that make my S23 ultra hot. It usually calms down after I reboot my phone. A couple of times, I have chosen not to use a particular hex theme because of this.

You can also go into battery settings to see which app has used the most battery.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I figured out what made my phone randomly get hot for some reason it wasn't reading my finger print after failed attempts up in the notification bar it would show a finger print saying something it couldn't read my print and wouldn't let me clear it it just stayed there it happened again today and same thing phone got hot froze then restarted itself

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I figured out what made my phone randomly get hot for some reason it wasn't reading my finger print after failed attempts up in the notification bar it would show a finger print saying something it couldn't read my print and wouldn't let me clear it it just stayed there it happened again today and same thing phone got hot froze then restarted itself

I would redo your fingerprint scans and if it does it again I might contact Samsung. Just my thoughts

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Weird. Mine seems to be doing better after the update. Still not quite sure what was causing it.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Which update? I had 2 so far is there one I'm missing? I have it set for automatic updates

You may have to check manually, I did. I updated two days ago. Verizon was the first one to push it out to its locked users on Monday. Unlocked US started getting it on Wednesday.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

You may have to check manually, I did. I updated two days ago. Verizon was the first one to push it out to its locked users on Monday. Unlocked US started getting it on Wednesday.
Checked it manually and there was another update I think I'm all caught up now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali