AT&T: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

Verizon is way way more and not doing this yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When Comparing AT&T and Verizon's REGULAR PLANS, which is what i was talking about... They come out exactly the SAME... $80 for 6 gigs, plus $40 for each line... Comes out to the same!!

The only way to get:
183140-mrq-mobile-share-974x615.jpg

Is to have QUALIFIED Credit for the AT&T NEXT Program, or be MONTH TO MONTH and Bring or Buy your phones OUTRIGHT Without Subsidizing..... IF YOU SIGN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT... YOU WILL NOT GET THESE PLANS... If you are Currently Out of contract, your can switch to the value plans at no charge or switch to the NEXT PROGRAM or Purchase and activate new phones at retail price to get the new plans.. Fine Print people

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this right... For me it's 2 lines so it would be....

100 - 20% +15 + 15 = is my cost? With my employee discount and the cost of a yearly upgrade? Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

When Comparing AT&T and Verizon's REGULAR PLANS, which is what i was talking about... They come out exactly the SAME... $80 for 6 gigs, plus $40 for each line... Comes out to the same!!

The only way to get:
View attachment 103178

Is to have QUALIFIED Credit for the AT&T NEXT Program, or be MONTH TO MONTH and Bring or Buy your phones OUTRIGHT Without Subsidizing..... IF YOU SIGN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT... YOU WILL NOT GET THESE PLANS... If you are Currently Out of contract, your can switch to the value plans at no charge or switch to the NEXT PROGRAM or Purchase and activate new phones at retail price to get the new plans.. Fine Print people

If you sign up for a regular 2 year contract with subsidy plan then you stay at the regular rate's. But you can convert over to the new plan if you are on contract before 2/2/14, or you are out of contract, or bring your own devices, or lastly use the at&t next plan for new service. If you were on contract before 2/2/14 you can indeed convert to the new mobile share value plan and lose the 2 year phone subsidy and can only use at&t next or BYOD.

If you do use a regular 2 year subsidy then you will convert back to the regular mobile share plans subject to the $45, $40, $35, $30 mobile share smartphone cost of old depending on the data plan chosen.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So let me get this right... For me it's 2 lines so it would be....

100 - 20% +15 + 15 = is my cost? With my employee discount and the cost of a yearly upgrade? Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One

yes that is the cost, you lose the ability for the 2 year phone subsidy and have to use at&t next for you upgrades. If you ever buy a phone on the regular 2 year subsidy then your entire plan reverts back to the mobile share cost of old(i.e. $45, $40, $35, $30 depending on data plan).

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
yes that is the cost, you lose the ability for the 2 year phone subsidy and have to use at&t next for you upgrades. If you ever buy a phone on the regular 2 year subsidy then your entire plan reverts back to the mobile share cost of old(i.e. $45, $40, $35, $30 depending on data plan).

Thanks for the reply. The next program is an additional cost though right? How does that work?

Sent from my HTC One

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Again "read the fine print" is obviously something you are unable to do. You are wrong again.

image.png

Price war! AT&T offers new family plan, cuts per-line cost [Updated] - TechBlog

The only way to get:
View attachment 103178

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The next program is an additional cost though right? How does that work?

Sent from my HTC One

The next plan is an installment agreement where you pay installment payments on top of the plan cost for the phone. Depending on the full cost of the phone you can op for an 12 or 18 month installment payments. The next plan basically has you buy a phone with no money down or interest for the full cost of the phone.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My 3 smartphones are out of contract this coming november. So could i get on this pricing today and do NO phone changes/upgrades, and then get back on a 2 year contract anytime after? OR does it have to be NEXT program when ready to upgrade?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I actually gave up my unlimited data and converted my 179.99 2 line monthly bill to 130. Always buy my phones outright and never used more than 4-5 gb's a month.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My 3 smartphones are out of contract this coming november. So could i get on this pricing today and do NO phone changes/upgrades, and then get back on a 2 year contract anytime after? OR does it have to be NEXT program when ready to upgrade?

Has to be next. I had 3 lines all in current two year agreements. I was allowed to change to the new plan but am no longer allowed to upgrade the traditional way. I can do the next plan at anytime, keep my current phones or purchase them elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So its best to convert the account with 2+ lines and then NOT use NEXT. So under my current 2 yr agreement they are pretty much letting me walk with no contract from the looks of things?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

So its best to convert the account with 2+ lines and then NOT use NEXT. So under my current 2 yr agreement they are pretty much letting me walk with no contract from the looks of things?

Thats what i gather. Might convert my 3 lines but i'll stop by a store today to see whats up.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the full info page from ATT site.

Frequently Asked Questions
NEW - AT&T MOBILESHARE VALUE FAMILY PLANS
Why is AT&T making changes to the Mobile Share Value plans?

On February 2, 2014 AT&T will be providing additional value for No Annual Service Contract smartphone customers with selecting a 10GB or higher plan -i.e. 3 smartphones on no annual service contract option will cost the customer as little as $145/month, which includes unlimited talk and text and 10GB of data to share.

What is changing with Mobile Share Value plans?

Customers can receive additional value by selecting a No Annual Service Contract option on a 10GB or higher plan.

Savings of $25/month on a smartphone plan if customers are on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device. That is $15/month to add a smartphone.
Add a Basic and/or Messaging device for only $15/month ? an additional $5/month savings when selecting 10GB or higher Mobile Share Value plan.
Will customers currently on a 10GB or higher Mobile Share Value plan be eligible to receive these additional savings?

Existing customers (two year service agreement & no annual service contract customers) who were already on a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan or who migrated to a plan prior to 2/2/14 will receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount.
Additionally, customers adding a two year service agreement on a Mobile Share Value plan 10GB or higher after 2/15-2/23 will receive a one-time credit applied to their bill.

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement.

Will customers performing a transfer of billing responsibility (ToBR) also receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount on a two-year service agreement?

Transfer of Billing Responsibility (TOBR) is excluded from receiving the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit.

Are there any changes to the pricing on 10GB and higher plans for customers purchasing a two year service agreement?

Customers can still add a smartphone on a two-year service agreement for only $40/month. However, AMB contract customers can add a smartphone on a two-year service agreement for only $35/month. AMB contract customers are billed a $40 MRC for the two-year service options with a $5/month Mobile Share Value savings discount on smartphone lines resulting in the $35 monthly recurring charge.

GENERAL
AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans give you even more savings on the Nation?s Most Reliable 4G LTE Network. ?

With AT&T Mobile Share Value you pay a monthly plan charge plus a monthly charge per device. The charge for a Smartphone with a two year service agreement is $40/mo and a smartphone with a no annual service contract option for customers on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device is $25/mo. ($15/mo. savings!)

For example, if you select the 300MB plan, and you only have one smartphone with no annual service contract, your monthly cost would be $45 (excl. monthly taxes and other charges and fees).

Mobile Share Value plans offer the same great benefits as the original Mobile Share plans?unlimited talk and text for phones and the ability to share data with up to 10 devices. Mobile hotspot is also included for capable devices.
What are the benefits of the Mobile Share Value plans?

No Annual Service Contract Options ? now make it more affordable than ever for customers to sign up for a shared data plan.
No Annual Service Contract available on the following:
AT&T NextSM
Full retail price
Out-of-contract customers
Customers who bring their own device (BYOD)
Customers can save $15/month on a smartphone plan if they choose a No Annual Service Contract Option - that?s $25/month for each smartphone device!
Smartphone Plans start as low as $45/month; Basic/Messaging devices for as low as $40 per month
Add a smartphone on a 2 year service agreement for only $40/month.
Add Basic and/or Messaging device for only $20/month- that?s $10 savings compared to the original Mobile Share plans.
How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect new customers?

New customers will be able to choose from the new Mobile Share Value plans and take advantage of these great new benefits.

How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect existing customers?

Existing customers can move to the Mobile Share Value plans or they can remain on their current plan, whatever works best for them. Customers can also upgrade their device or add a line to their current rate plan ? it?s their choice!

PLAN DETAILS
What features are included in Mobile Share Value plans?

Mobile Share Value plans offer the same great benefits as the original Mobile Share plans including the ability to share data with unlimited talk and text for phones and mobile hotspot on capable devices on AT&T's nationwide 4G LTE Network.

It says that one of the No Annual Service Contract options is for customers to bring their own device. What does that mean?

Bring Your Own Device applies to new customers coming to AT&T with devices having compatible technologies that will work on AT&T?s network AND current AT&T customers wanting to use an out-of-contract, compatible device as an add-a-line to their account.

What is the smartphone activation fee if a customer brings their own device?

A $36 activation fee applies for customers bringing their own device.

Is there a smartphone activation fee with AT&T Next?

No. With AT&T NextSM, there are no activation fees. A $36 activation fee does apply for all No Annual Service Contract options; with the exception of AT&T NextSM. Two-year service agreements have a $36 activation fee as well.

What does a customer have to do to have a device from another carrier unlocked?

Customers bringing over a device from another carrier will need to request that a device be unlocked from that carrier prior to being able to bring that device onto a Mobile Share Value plan.

Can a customer enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance if they bring their own device?

Customers are able to enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance, as long as the device is purchased from AT&T or an authorized retailer within 30 days of activation. Customers wishing to bring a device from another carrier will not be eligible to sign up for Mobile Insurance.
What is AT&T NextSM 18 that is being offered as an option with the Mobile Share Value plans?

AT&T NextSM 18 provides another option for customers looking to keep their monthly costs down with a lower monthly installment payment for their smartphone. Customers sign up for 26 monthly installment payments but can trade-in and upgrade their Smartphone after 18 monthly payments. Just like with AT&T NextSM 12, there is no down payment, activation, or upgrade fees.

ELIGIBILITY
Is a contract required with AT&T Mobile Share Value plans?

Customers can choose the Mobile Share Value plan that works best for their needs:

If a customer purchases a device at our two-year pricing, an annual service contract is required.
If a customer purchases a device via one of our No Annual Service Contract options, (i.e. AT&T NextSM, Bring Your Own Device, no commit, etc.); no annual service contract is required. AT&T NextSM does require that customers sign an installment agreement for their smartphone charges.
Customers are required to agree to the Wireless Customer Agreement (terms of service, not associated with a time commitment).
BILLING
How will the savings from choosing a No Annual Service Contract option be displayed on the bill?

All smartphones on Mobile Share Value plans will be billed at $40 per month. A $15 Mobile Share Value smartphone savings credit for eligible customers will be automatically applied to the customer?s monthly bill.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Thats what i gather. Might convert my 3 lines but i'll stop by a store today to see whats up.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the full info page from ATT site.

Frequently Asked Questions
NEW - AT&T MOBILESHARE VALUE FAMILY PLANS
Why is AT&T making changes to the Mobile Share Value plans?

On February 2, 2014 AT&T will be providing additional value for No Annual Service Contract smartphone customers with selecting a 10GB or higher plan -i.e. 3 smartphones on no annual service contract option will cost the customer as little as $145/month, which includes unlimited talk and text and 10GB of data to share.

What is changing with Mobile Share Value plans?

Customers can receive additional value by selecting a No Annual Service Contract option on a 10GB or higher plan.

Savings of $25/month on a smartphone plan if customers are on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device. That is $15/month to add a smartphone.
Add a Basic and/or Messaging device for only $15/month ? an additional $5/month savings when selecting 10GB or higher Mobile Share Value plan.
Will customers currently on a 10GB or higher Mobile Share Value plan be eligible to receive these additional savings?

Existing customers (two year service agreement & no annual service contract customers) who were already on a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan or who migrated to a plan prior to 2/2/14 will receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount.
Additionally, customers adding a two year service agreement on a Mobile Share Value plan 10GB or higher after 2/15-2/23 will receive a one-time credit applied to their bill.

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement.

Will customers performing a transfer of billing responsibility (ToBR) also receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount on a two-year service agreement?

Transfer of Billing Responsibility (TOBR) is excluded from receiving the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit.

Are there any changes to the pricing on 10GB and higher plans for customers purchasing a two year service agreement?

Customers can still add a smartphone on a two-year service agreement for only $40/month. However, AMB contract customers can add a smartphone on a two-year service agreement for only $35/month. AMB contract customers are billed a $40 MRC for the two-year service options with a $5/month Mobile Share Value savings discount on smartphone lines resulting in the $35 monthly recurring charge.

GENERAL
AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans give you even more savings on the Nation?s Most Reliable 4G LTE Network. ?

With AT&T Mobile Share Value you pay a monthly plan charge plus a monthly charge per device. The charge for a Smartphone with a two year service agreement is $40/mo and a smartphone with a no annual service contract option for customers on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device is $25/mo. ($15/mo. savings!)

For example, if you select the 300MB plan, and you only have one smartphone with no annual service contract, your monthly cost would be $45 (excl. monthly taxes and other charges and fees).

Mobile Share Value plans offer the same great benefits as the original Mobile Share plans?unlimited talk and text for phones and the ability to share data with up to 10 devices. Mobile hotspot is also included for capable devices.
What are the benefits of the Mobile Share Value plans?

No Annual Service Contract Options ? now make it more affordable than ever for customers to sign up for a shared data plan.
No Annual Service Contract available on the following:
AT&T NextSM
Full retail price
Out-of-contract customers
Customers who bring their own device (BYOD)
Customers can save $15/month on a smartphone plan if they choose a No Annual Service Contract Option - that?s $25/month for each smartphone device!
Smartphone Plans start as low as $45/month; Basic/Messaging devices for as low as $40 per month
Add a smartphone on a 2 year service agreement for only $40/month.
Add Basic and/or Messaging device for only $20/month- that?s $10 savings compared to the original Mobile Share plans.
How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect new customers?

New customers will be able to choose from the new Mobile Share Value plans and take advantage of these great new benefits.

How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect existing customers?

Existing customers can move to the Mobile Share Value plans or they can remain on their current plan, whatever works best for them. Customers can also upgrade their device or add a line to their current rate plan ? it?s their choice!

PLAN DETAILS
What features are included in Mobile Share Value plans?

Mobile Share Value plans offer the same great benefits as the original Mobile Share plans including the ability to share data with unlimited talk and text for phones and mobile hotspot on capable devices on AT&T's nationwide 4G LTE Network.

It says that one of the No Annual Service Contract options is for customers to bring their own device. What does that mean?

Bring Your Own Device applies to new customers coming to AT&T with devices having compatible technologies that will work on AT&T?s network AND current AT&T customers wanting to use an out-of-contract, compatible device as an add-a-line to their account.

What is the smartphone activation fee if a customer brings their own device?

A $36 activation fee applies for customers bringing their own device.

Is there a smartphone activation fee with AT&T Next?

No. With AT&T NextSM, there are no activation fees. A $36 activation fee does apply for all No Annual Service Contract options; with the exception of AT&T NextSM. Two-year service agreements have a $36 activation fee as well.

What does a customer have to do to have a device from another carrier unlocked?

Customers bringing over a device from another carrier will need to request that a device be unlocked from that carrier prior to being able to bring that device onto a Mobile Share Value plan.

Can a customer enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance if they bring their own device?

Customers are able to enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance, as long as the device is purchased from AT&T or an authorized retailer within 30 days of activation. Customers wishing to bring a device from another carrier will not be eligible to sign up for Mobile Insurance.
What is AT&T NextSM 18 that is being offered as an option with the Mobile Share Value plans?

AT&T NextSM 18 provides another option for customers looking to keep their monthly costs down with a lower monthly installment payment for their smartphone. Customers sign up for 26 monthly installment payments but can trade-in and upgrade their Smartphone after 18 monthly payments. Just like with AT&T NextSM 12, there is no down payment, activation, or upgrade fees.

ELIGIBILITY
Is a contract required with AT&T Mobile Share Value plans?

Customers can choose the Mobile Share Value plan that works best for their needs:

If a customer purchases a device at our two-year pricing, an annual service contract is required.
If a customer purchases a device via one of our No Annual Service Contract options, (i.e. AT&T NextSM, Bring Your Own Device, no commit, etc.); no annual service contract is required. AT&T NextSM does require that customers sign an installment agreement for their smartphone charges.
Customers are required to agree to the Wireless Customer Agreement (terms of service, not associated with a time commitment).
BILLING
How will the savings from choosing a No Annual Service Contract option be displayed on the bill?

All smartphones on Mobile Share Value plans will be billed at $40 per month. A $15 Mobile Share Value smartphone savings credit for eligible customers will be automatically applied to the customer?s monthly bill.

Good to know as I was mistaken. If you use the 2 year upgrade option it is $40 per smartphone. SO with that in mind you don't even get to go back to the tiered older mobile share where if you had the 10GB mobile share and above it was $30 per smartphone. Basically if you change to the new mobile share value and then decide you are going to get the 2 year contract price for a phone you are going to be penalized for doing that. You won't pay the old $30 per smartphone for the older 10GB+ mobile share you will be hit for the $40 charge per smartphone instead.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Just a note: When I checked my account online yesterday it showed the 10 GB plan being $40/phone as an upgrade option for me (not the new $15/phone option). So I initiated a online chat with an AT&T representative and he said I should get the $15/phone price and he made the change for me. So, if you don't see the $15/phone option when you check your account I suggest you contact AT&T to find out if you truly can get that option or not.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just a note: When I checked my account online yesterday it showed the 10 GB plan being $40/phone as an upgrade option for me (not the new $15/phone option). So I initiated a online chat with an AT&T representative and he said I should get the $15/phone price and he made the change for me. So, if you don't see the $15/phone option when you check your account I suggest you contact AT&T to find out if you truly can get that option or not.

Thanks for notifying us. I just had a co-worker switch to this plan on my recommendation (he is going to save 10-15 a month and gain about 7 GB of data) so I'll be on the lookout for him.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Has to be next. I had 3 lines all in current two year agreements. I was allowed to change to the new plan but am no longer allowed to upgrade the traditional way. I can do the next plan at anytime, keep my current phones or purchase them elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Just came out of a Corp store and was told they will not just convert my plan without getting new phones through NEXT. Disappointing.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just came out of a Corp store and was told they will not just convert my plan without getting new phones through NEXT. Disappointing.
That's strange... did they say why?

I have two smartphones that are on a 2-yr contract (one is in about 9 months and the other is in 4 months) and they switched both phones and an iPad over to the new 10 GB shared plan for $140/mo. So, I'm paying an unsubsidized cell plan price for subsidized phones.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Corporate stores are worthless. The reps are paid to make money on the Next plan. I went through the customer care chat on the AT&T website and had no problems at all. Try that, if it still doesn't work then call in and demand it. They can definitely do it. One of my lines was upgraded in May, one in August, and the 3rd line was just added 3 months ago. My lines are all in 2 year agreements and I didn't do any upgrades yesterday via the Next plan nor do I plan to. I will buy all my phones from here on out from 3rd party sources such as Swappa, Ebay, Craigslist or the Google Play Store.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just do it online at the site the OP linked. It's very easy. I did it for my coworker.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.