I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

How does it feel in the hand? Solid, slippery? I've got an S4 and that's about the worst thing to hold without a case ever. Feel like I'm going to drop it all the time. Long term, would you put some kind of case on it for grip purposes?

There's a really nice section in our review on that. HTC One Review (M8) | Android Central

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Sorry, I've read the camera portion of the review 3x and don't see where you state that the rear 4.1 MP camera module is new.

Ah. Forget where I mentioned it. Anyway, yeah. There's a new camera module. It's not the same one.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Already ordered me a GPE. The HTC Gallery App works with the GPE but it says this: "Support for HTC One(M8) Google Play Edition is limited to HTC Photo Edit." What does that mean? What other options will be removed? Just curious, not a deal breaker by any means.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Already ordered me a GPE. The HTC Gallery App works with the GPE but it says this: "Support for HTC One(M8) Google Play Edition is limited to HTC Photo Edit." What does that mean? What other options will be removed? Just curious, not a deal breaker by any means.

Will have to see when we get it. It'll use the Duo Camera somehow -- we're just not quite sure how yet.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

How'd you get one so early? And do you know what colors T-Mobile will be carrying this time around?

I was at the NY launch yesterday, it was in my goody bag. :) My phone is the dark gray one, which I am happy about as it's my favorite of the three colors, it's gorgeous. Not 100% sure if that will be the only color T-Mobile will have, but I think it is.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

It's a preset for taking pictures of documents. Sony and (I think) Samsung have similar features.

chronophilos

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I don't see an unlocked version available for sale on the HTC website yet. Only AT&T, Sprint and Verizon for the time being.

Posted via Android Central App

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Been waiting to decide if I want to give up my DNA for this. I know internals are better. But my decision comes down to the camera. How good are the pictures.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

I'm on the same position as you... So undecided :-(
Mostly tired of My storage issues with my DNA...

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I was at the NY launch yesterday, it was in my goody bag. :) My phone is the dark gray one, which I am happy about as it's my favorite of the three colors, it's gorgeous. Not 100% sure if that will be the only color T-Mobile will have, but I think it is.
Nice. I'd rather have that one of the three colors as well, though I'd probably put a case on it anyway :p

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

It captures up to 20 rapid-fire stills from the start, which you can scroll through like before. So if you're recording a longer Zoe you'll only get stills from the first few seconds.
Nice. And does it still have a few pictures available that were taken before you actually hit the shutter button, like before?

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

How's the HDR mode on the M8? This mode on the M7 was terrible. The highlights were all blown which is what HDR is supposed to prevent.

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

i'm a student and i use my phone to take pictures of papers and board (8mb) if i used the m8 for the same thing will i be able to zoom enough to see the letters

I can tell you I wasn't able to on my M7 so being that the M8 has the same resolution...highly doubtful.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Can you explain Text Mode a little more?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I dunno. It's just a mode in the camera app that I suppose makes text look a little nicer when you take a picture?

See if you can tell which one used it.

Attachments

• 2014-03-26 10.09.00.jpg
    2014-03-26 10.09.00.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 2014-03-26 10.09.11.jpg
    2014-03-26 10.09.11.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 100

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

How's the HDR mode on the M8? This mode on the M7 was terrible. The highlights were all blown which is what HDR is supposed to prevent.

Yeah, kinda been hit and miss so far. Need to take more.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm on the same position as you... So undecided :-(
Mostly tired of My storage issues with my DNA...

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

I used the DNA for a week around the time it launched, and the M8 is a solid upgrade from that phone. Though be aware that in daylight there will be some instances where the DNA would've gotten you a better shot — 8MP versus 4MP and all that. The M8's camera is arguably more versatile though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor