Lol @ Samsung

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
No, I'd give that award to Amazon.....undeniably! ;)

Can you walk into an Amazon store in 9 months with a problem, and walk out with a new phone, already set up just like your old one? I didn't think so. :)

But I do agree, Amazon has great customer service. They have helped me several times.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Amazon no doubt.. Best customer service that I've personally ever dealt with.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

LocoStrange

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The thing I dislike so much about Apple has nothing to do with their products, it's the company in general. The fact that they take Samsung it court and attempt to sue them and take Samsung products off the shelves is pathetic business practice IMO.

They aren't in court cause they really feel Samsung infringed a patent, they just don't want to have the market competition.

Posted via Android Central App

Not really.... every company is suing every company. The only reason why we hear about the Apple vs Samsung is because they are basically the top two companies right now.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing I dislike so much about Apple has nothing to do with their products, it's the company in general. The fact that they take Samsung it court and attempt to sue them and take Samsung products off the shelves is pathetic business practice IMO.

They aren't in court cause they really feel Samsung infringed a patent, they just don't want to have the market competition.

So you don't like a major corporation because they are trying to get rid of their main competition?lulz

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey look the people in that article were acting like fanboys so the only solution is to turn a thread about them into an Iphone vs Android thread. Yay.....

Sliver22

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
That's right, but trying to force them out of the market rather than just making a better product and outselling them.

I don't care if you think it's funny that I don't like them for it, but I'm not going to support and purchase from a shady business.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That's right, but trying to force them out of the market rather than just making a better product and outselling them.

I don't care if you think it's funny that I don't like them for it, but I'm not going to support and purchase from a shady business.

They have clearly attempted to copy apple in many respects, even with the gs5. It has a fingerprint scanner a few months after apple's flagship decided to go that route.

If you want to talk about shady tactics, I'd call copying your competition and then attacking them in commercials a shady practice.

They already make a product that outsells samsung,whether it's better or not is subjective .

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm no Apple fan, but the notion their hardware is crappy or subpar is just silly. It's nice stuff. I still think it's overpriced, but it's nice. I have friends and family that are HARDCORE Apple fans, to a degree that is beyond annoying. But at no time can I think of any of them having issues with their hardware with the exception of a friend who used to do heavy, heavy video/audio/photoshop editing that had problems with overheating after a few years of abuse. That would happen on any laptop, just think Alienware. I'm not a fan of anything Apple related and I'd shed no tear if they disappeared tomorrow, but not being able to be subjective about the quality of their products and customer service is just silly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Reminder: Please report disruptive posts and let the moderators handle it.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
iMore also ran an article around the time of Android Wear's announcement calling the Moto 360 and LG G Watch a pre-iWatch attempt when the iWatch doesn't officially exist.

In their defense, iMore is an Apple-focused site. They are going to be partial to Apple products in the same way Android Central is partial to Google and WP Central is partial to Windows.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I like imore but they do get a little too defensive when they feel threatened lol

When the fire TV was announced they went on a mini trade about how the Apple TV was better and decided to give away free Apple TV's top readers.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

If you read the post, the tirade was about the Fire TV only being available in the U.S. at launch.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I just hope the PayPal one scan gets the same security as you do when unlocking... After a few fails.. Have it want a password.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

buford07

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had android and iPhones. Just preference. iPhone has a very stable system. Android you can expand on lots of stuff. My only draw back on iphone is they keep you tied down "so to speak". I have an iphone now and love it but I love the android phones too. They both rock !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If you read the post, the tirade was about the Fire TV only being available in the U.S. at launch.

I know that but I think that was just an excuse to have a go. They never seem to be that bothered about international users before. I don't see them up in arms about the fact that iTunes radio still hasn't gone anywhere outside north America.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
They have clearly attempted to copy apple in many respects, even with the gs5. It has a fingerprint scanner a few months after apple's flagship decided to go that route.

If you want to talk about shady tactics, I'd call copying your competition and then attacking them in commercials a shady practice.

They already make a product that outsells samsung,whether it's better or not is subjective .

So Apple own the rights to the fingerprint scanner even though they were not the first phone to have one? HTC also had a fingerprint scanner on their one max after Apple did. If Apple bring out an iwatch can we say they are copying Samsung then?

I like Apple, I have Apple products at home but this lawsuit is frivolous. They are suing Samsung because they are selling well. They haven't invented any of this stuff they claim Samsung stole. Apple need to focus on their own products instead of trying to use bully boy tactics.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Everyone that I know that has owned an apple product(s). Mom, brother, 2 cuzins and a bunch of friends... Whether it's the phone, or computer (Mac) as well. So yeah BUDDYYY

Sent from a Galaxy 4 light years away

Sounds like they need to take better care of their things. My 2010 MacBook is working a treat. My old iPhone 4s went through me and then my 7 year old. Still working, still looks good. So does my iPhone 5. Let's not forget the iPods floating around here. My nano has been soaked more times than I can count, still works.

I like Android as much as the next guy, but credit where it's due, Apple makes good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So Apple own the rights to the fingerprint scanner even though they were not the first phone to have one. HTC also had a fingerprint scanner on their one max after Apple did. If Apple bring out an iwatch can we say they are copying Samsung then?

I like Apple, I have Apple products at home but this lawsuit is frivolous. They are suing Samsung because they are selling well. They haven't invented any of this stuff they claim Samsung stole.

I

There's a difference between copying someone and following an industry trend.

When you blatantly copy a feature from another major manufacturer in a product line and make a few alterations to make something your own, it's obvious what you are doing.
If you are expanding your product line into new areas in which the tech industry is going into, that's just following a trend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
There's a difference between copying someone and following an industry trend.

When you blatantly copy a feature from another major manufacturer in a product line and make a few alterations to make something your own, it's obvious what you are doing.
If you are expanding your product line into new areas in which the tech industry is going into, that's just following a trend.

Apple don't own the rights to the fingerprint scanner. They were bit the first to put it on a phone.

What about all the features Apple stole from android?

Everyone takes inspiration from somewhere.

It just bugs me, as Apple seem to think that they have a divine right to all these features that they didn't even invent in the first place. Now they are trying to bully Samsung out of business. Ridiculous damages, trying to get their products banned, trying to demand a cut from every phone they sell.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Apple don't own the rights to the fingerprint scanner. They were bit the first to put it on a phone.

What about all the features Apple stole from android?

Everyone takes inspiration from somewhere.

It just bugs me, as Apple seem to think that they have a divine right to all these features that they didn't even invent in the first place. Now they are trying to bully Samsung out of business. Ridiculous damages, trying to get their products banned, trying to demand a cut from every phone they sell.

No one said that Apple owned it, but if you can't clearly see that one major flagship added a finger print scanner then two Android manufacturers copied the exact idea within a year, while doing all sorts of tricks and stunts to make it work differently than apple, then I can't help you.

There's a difference between inspiration and copying what someone else is doing and altering it just a few months after it was made popular

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje