How many are having no issues after the KK update.?

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am reading all these threads with people having issues after the KK update. I think we should start a quick thread to reassure people who are refusing the KK update. I for one am not having any issues, if anything I feel my G2 is running better after the update. I couple of the minor annoyances that I had when my phone was on JB are now gone.

One thing to remember is that not many people post to forums when everything is just fine with their phones so it seems that there are nothing but problems. Let help change that.

I hope that I am not the only one with no issues after the KK update. :)

Last edited:

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many are having o issues after the KK update.?

BTW: Does anyone know how to edit the title? I just noticed the typo.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Can't help with the title edit, but I can say I have not had any issues with the update. My wife has the same phone and has not had issues either. I would say overall it's been a slight improvement over 4.2.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I originally had problems. Did the update via lg upgrade assistant, don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
Anyways, did an FDR, and now battery seems even better than before. Plus Google wallet is available to use, though I haven't tested if its functional. At least its not blocked.
Hangouts also seems to work great now. Was rather sluggish before KK.

Posted via Android Central App

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

I am reading all these threads with people having issues after the KK update. I think we should start a quick thread to reassure people who are refusing the KK update. I for one am not having any issues, if anything I feel my G2 is running better after the update. I couple of the minor annoyances that I had when my phone was on JB are now gone.

One thing to remember is that not many people post to forums when everything is just fine with their phones so it seems that there are nothing but problems. Let help change that.

I hope that I am not the only one with no issues after the KK update. :)

Edit post. Advanced edit. Edit title

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I have an issue with the update. The option in call features on JB said Power BUTTON Ends Call. In KK it is supposed to say Power KEY Ends Call. I noticed that no matter if I toggled that option on or off that the power button ends the call. I called VZW who 3-way called LG. LG said it was VZW responsibility since VZW signed off on the update. LG wants to charge shipping to and from repair while VZW wants to send a replacement. This is after diagnostics and resets have already been done. One rep's supervisor has the LG with the same problem. Several others did not have the issue, or were unaware to it as of yet. If enough problems were reported of the same nature, LG would issue an update to fix bugs, but would still have to go through testing and then to VZW for testing, and that might be quite some time if at all. I am holding off on returning it, hoping something fixes itself. Otherwise I might still be stuck in a loop of return, replace, update, errors, repeat.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

When I was on 4.2.2, I had no issues and never planned on taking the update. Then today I got a wild hair and decided to take the update. So far, no issues. My buttons on the back work as advertised.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My rear buttons are useless during calls.

I hate having to recommend this, but in my experience often times a factory reset takes care of these little quirks. You could consider it as an option, just be sure to backup everything you want to kepp.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

My rear buttons are useless during calls.
I hate having to recommend this, but in my experience often times a factory reset takes care of these little quirks. You could consider it as an option, just be sure to backup everything you want to kepp.
I would recommend this as well, anytime you are doing a major update (like JellyBean to KitKat) even though a lot doesn't seem to change on the surface, there are a lot of changes under the hood... A FDR is highly recommended even if you are not having issues, just to keep things clean and prevent future issues.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So can I ask what it is you are trying to accomplish by pressing the power button during a call? Are you simply trying to turn the screen off? Maybe there is a work around to do the same thing.

There is a setting under Lock Screen [Power button instantly locks] have you tried changing that setting to see if it has any affect?

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My LG G2s power button is in between the volume up and down buttons. If I want to change volume I hit the power button accidentally which is pretty easy to do on the Verizon model.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Also the pc update method never worked for my phone. So ota was my only option. A lot of the owners with the white model had same problem updating.

josh3ber

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the PC update. Everything seemed to have worked, but now I've noticed a few things. Whether I'm using a launcher or not, I can't knock-off at the status bar any more. The menu button at the bottom no longer does anything. Some of the widgets I use sometime aren't doing what they're supposed to, but did before the update. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the PC update. Everything seemed to have worked, but now I've noticed a few things. Whether I'm using a launcher or not, I can't knock-off at the status bar any more.

Same here. Can anyone confirm whether a factory restore fixes this status bar knock-off issue?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here, FDR did not fix. My replacement arrives today. I will not update, opting to disable the system update app until later on in the future...if ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz