my HTC m8 is terrible please help

Nabil Hassan

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just moved to a m8 from Apple and having battery troubles please help as I am really New to this please help

Posted via the Android Central App

Nabil Hassan

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought my phone last week and it doesn't even last a day (even though memebers on this forum show that lasts more than a day) however way I use it the battery dies fast please help

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you have GSAM installed? If not, install it and use it for 24 hours and post screen shots of the usage. No one hear can help you without some concrete info.

Posted via Android Central App

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it brand new?
If so, did you read the instruction book? Specifically the bit where it tells you to charge it to full and use the phone for a few full cycles ?

Or is it second hand with some dodgy ROM on it?

Nabil Hassan

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is brand-new I charged it fully only after about 2 days is this bad ?? :(

And here s a screenshot

Attachments

• 17893.jpg
    17893.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 130

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Its actually hard to say. Battery life is so dependent on usage its hard to judge. I could get 6-7 hrs screen time out of my m7 if I turned everything off and left it play video, using it normally though I get about 3-4.

If I was to constantly wake it up frequent and for short periods, I'd get 2-3.

Phones take a few days to settle down.

There are a few things you can do to help it such as let it drain to zero after a full charge, factory resets etc.

alxens

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Its normal its already new one you need at least one week of charging the phone full and use it until dies that's what I did and my phone battery now is amazing I can get one day of normal use easy

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The first thing I noticed is you don't have power savings enabled. Check the CPU Power and data connection box for sure. Vibration does the least. Check the brightness box but I find it is difficult to use the screen outside when its sunny outside. You should be getting 5-7 hours on-screen time. Also, try it without Battery Doctor. Sometimes it does more harm than good. Lastly, you need to give it at least a week to let the phone settle and see the full extent of your battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It will take a few charging cycles for the battery and the CPU to work nicely together. You should let the battery drain low and then put it on the charger. It needs long charging cycles so run it to somewhere around 20% and let it charge all the way up to to, or close to, 100. This isn't an issue w/ charging memory or anything like that. It's just an issue of getting the processor and the battery on the same page.

Also, I see your app usage is near 50%. It would be interesting to see what apps are running. You can usually turn off the automatic sync for everything and that helps. A lot. I let Gmail sync and my photo uploads are automatic. Everything else is a manual sync, as I don't need it constantly updating.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The last thing you should do with any modern phone is let it drain completely. Keep it charged when you can and avoid full drains as much as possible. The more often you drain to very low amounts the less life the battery will have in the long run. To answer the op, give it a couple days as you are likely experiencing "new toy battery drain syndrome" which happens to many of us when we can't stop playing with our new device. If you still have battery issues after a few days repost your gsam results with maybe a second shot of the app usage screen.

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The last thing you should do with any modern phone is let it drain completely.

Not true.

Don't go through FULL cycles regularly as batteries in general have a certain quantum of energy they can can give, but, unless I am mistaken, its good to let a phone battery discharge every month or so (and after a few charge cycles when new) so that the internal battery calibration is kept on track (no not the voodoo battery calibration discredited by google) and also, it gets the (static) electrons normally not used in light discharge cycles moving throughout the battery.

I could be wrong but this is what the battery university (?) Site used to recommended.

Please feel free to correct if this has changed!

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Not true.

Don't go through FULL cycles regularly as batteries in general have a certain quantum of energy they can can give, but, unless I am mistaken, its good to let a phone battery discharge every month or so (and after a few charge cycles when new) so that the internal battery calibration is kept on track (no not the voodoo battery calibration discredited by google) and also, it gets the (static) electrons normally not used in light discharge cycles moving throughout the battery.

I could be wrong but this is what the battery university (?) Site used to recommended.

Please feel free to correct if this has changed!

Cheers for knowing battery university. I was going to quote and link an article I read last year when this discussion came up on the M7 but I'm a bit busy to find it. The gist was, and many people have agreed with me, that the less often you let your battery discharge deeply the better. If you've read something more recent...?

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I took my phone off my charger at 5:10, and three hours later I have sent and received five text messages and I down to 93%. Is that normal?