Google Nexus 6 on AT&T

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 ATT

Ha well if those devices are too big for you, then this one probably is too! Although, I haven't actually held it yet. The design can help mask the size.

That's why I'll have to actually see it and try it. Sometimes the way it's built makes a devices seem bigger or smaller, not just the screen size.

Even if I order online I like to check a device out in a store first or try one a friend has. For example, I found the Samsung Galaxy S4 too slippery without a case (in a store), but my friend has hers in a case, which made it not slippery at all.

I was just at an AT&T store. No Nexus 6 in the store.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 ATT

Mad about several things. No white option. No 64 GB, and bloat (although it will let me delete after install) will download itself to device upon setup.

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine, shipping date is 11/18. Was really disappointed they're not offering the 64 GB variant. I have 14 days to return it and get something else so maybe by that time the stock will be plentiful and I can exchange it for the N6 64 gb model. 👍

Posted via the Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine, shipping date is 11/18. Was really disappointed they're not offering the 64 GB variant. I have 14 days to return it and get something else so maybe by that time the stock will be plentiful and I can exchange it for the N6 64 gb model. ??????

Ya, I wish they offered the 64 GB variant. I'd have gladly paid the extra. I just can't wait for it to get here at this point though. I have an estimated ship date of 11/14-11/18, so I am cautiously optimistic that it will ship tomorrow. I ordered about 20 minutes before it was supposed to go live (8:40 PST).

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine, shipping date is 11/18. Was really disappointed they're not offering the 64 GB variant. I have 14 days to return it and get something else so maybe by that time the stock will be plentiful and I can exchange it for the N6 64 gb model. 👍

Ya, I wish they offered the 64 GB variant. I'd have gladly paid the extra. I just can't wait for it to get here at this point though. I have an estimated ship date of 11/14-11/18, so I am cautiously optimistic that it will ship tomorrow. I ordered about 20 minutes before it was supposed to go live (8:40 PST).

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine a couple of days ago, shipping estimate on the 18th. It was $308 subsidized price after the upgrade fee and taxes, which is the most I've EVER paid for a subsidized device. But this phone looks like a beast and maybe I can retire my 2012 Nexus 7, my 2013 Moto X, and my LG Optimus G Pro finally and have one device that does it all really well. Here's hoping at least.

Nytrocide

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6 Demo Units In-Store?

I know Sprint is "shipping" now, but does anyone happen to know if any of the stores have demo units yet? Any carrier for that matter? Need to...feel one up a bit before purchasing ;)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 Demo Units In-Store?

I know Sprint is "shipping" now, but does anyone happen to know if any of the stores have demo units yet? Any carrier for that matter? Need to...feel one up a bit before purchasing ;)

I was thinking the same thing. I already bought mine, but I'd love to fondle an in store unit.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm in Western PA, and I planned on making a stop on my way home to see if I can find a Nexus 6 in it's natural environment... Retail.

At least one stop planned, to Best Buy. There are leaked photographs of their 'RSS' stock system on the internet confirming they'll be getting it in stock at an expected date of November 21st. No street date was listed on the screen shot, though.

I'll keep you guys posted. I know that they usually get in at least dummy phones for previews to build hype.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Called one sprint store and they said no demos no stock in stores he thought maybe by next week. They are shipping direct fill only

anon(42522)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Depending on the AT&T (Corp) store type will they display the Nexus. We have 3 AT&T stores in the area and only 1 will have it out, and only 2 might stock it

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

No dice.
I checked one store to no avail.
I called another in a different area and they reported not knowing when demo's come into inventory, that they come in at random. As a former employee i know this information to be false.

Ironically enough I'm stuck behind a FedEx truck.

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I've checked TMobile, AT&T, and Best Buy. No one knew of any dates, except TMobile who said they were pushed back to the 19th.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Question about nexus 6 on AT&T

just read from Twitter
@#1 reason why not to buy a Nexus 6 from a carrier, you will have to wait for carrier optimized updates. Don't give in!

Is this true?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question about nexus 6 on AT&T

May be true and carriers may add their own bloat on there. Unfortunately, the pure n6 are all sold out on the Google play store or Motorola websites so if you really want a n6 carriers like AT&T may be your only option right now

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Question about nexus 6 on AT&T

In my opinion, coming from an AT&T Galaxy S4, it's well worth it to wait and buy from Google/Motorola. I've got so much bloat on my phone that I can't remove without root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hermes14