Google Nexus 6 on AT&T

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will AT&T version be branded?

Well you definitely can remove the bloat. Their crappy bloatware installs to the phone after you put the Sim card in...so in effect, you are getting the same phone as you would if you're ordering from Google or Motorola. You just have to delete the crapware after the phone is up and running. Updates to the OS shouldnt be affected because the phone is still the same phone you'd get through anyone else. All the phones through all the carriers have the same model number.

Posted via the Android Central App

cubsfan61

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Question about nexus 6 on AT&T

Hoping mine ships tomorrow. Status is showing 18th or 19th as shipping date. Not worried about bloatware, since it can be uninstalled. Sux AT&T may be adding their logo, but I may get a carbon fiber skin from dbrand anyway.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

. How many people really buy a phone just to stare at the back or front of it? Is a logo so offensive that it keeps distracting you from watching your 4k movie ("hey, I refuse to watch a movie.. That damned verizon logo keeps distracting me ")? Do you stare at the back of other people's phone and want to smack it out of their hands? Why not talk on the phone and not stare at the logo?

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Even though I'm not happy with the logo, I'll cover it with a case. I can live with it.
As long as nothing on the software is changed and I can remove the bloatware.
As soon as I get mine, I'm putting it on my wireless charger to make they didn't block that and watching the boot up to make their animation doesn't show up.
Otherwise, I will return it and wait for the play store to get some in.

Posted via Android Central App

SheGadgets

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 Demo Units In-Store?

Yes, T-Mobile has them. We've had them since this past Friday, Nov. 14th. In fact, I'm attempting to set up the demo model we have but can't seem to find anything about how the demo mode actually works or passwords or anything. So, if there are others who work in the wireless industry on here - please enlighten me on how the demo mode works with the Nexus 6. We have the instructions for the Nexus 5 on our PCs but Nexus 6 just says "TBD" and I'm not planning on waiting until freaking Weds this week just to screw it into the wall.

Also, you'll definitely want to hold this device and get a feel for it before you purchase. It is MASSIVE. I would say it's bigger than the iPhone 6 Plus in terms of width and height. Obviously the screen size is .5" larger than the iPhone 6 Plus's 5.5" screen. So this is definitely a handful but I think you'll find it to be WAY more solid and less likely to break from drops, etc. It's actually kind of heavy but it has a nice matte finish on the back to help with grip...although it has a tendency to get fingerprints. So I think you'll REALLY like it =)

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Are carrier subsidized versions sim locked?

They may not be SIM locked but my outgoing note 2 on VZW had the APN editor blocked so could only use voice. Just another reason I am moving to a true Nexus and leaving VZW

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

. How many people really buy a phone just to stare at the back or front of it? Is a logo so offensive that it keeps distracting you from watching your 4k movie ("hey, I refuse to watch a movie.. That damned verizon logo keeps distracting me ")? Do you stare at the back of other people's phone and want to smack it out of their hands? Why not talk on the phone and not stare at the logo?

It's the principal. And AT&T was so [removed by moderator] devious about it. Their webpage still only shows the front view of the phone. They didn't want Nexus fans to know it would have the brand logo on it UNTIL AFTER the preordering page was up for a week. It is devious, underhanded and sneaky!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Even though I'm not happy with the logo, I'll cover it with a case. I can live with it.
As soon as I get mine, I'm putting it on my wireless charger to make they didn't block that and watching the boot up to make their animation doesn't show up.

I just want wireless charging to work.. I bought a sold black case that will cover up everything including the M on the back from Motorola.. Only opening on the back is for the camera lens... I could careless if it had or didn't have an AT&T logo on it... If you are on AT&T and have been for a while why should it matter? I did buy mine directly from Motorola so it won't have it....

But then again the first thing I do when I buy a new car is remove the dealership branding off the back of the car........ So maybe I should just shut up on the matter..... :confused:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I am not getting this phone but if I did there's no way in hell I would get it from at&t that's for sure. Just for principal if nothing else.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Are carrier subsidized versions sim locked?

I'm planning to get a nexus 6 from a Carrier using a 2 year contract. According to AT&T chat support and phone support, they claim that the phone will be sim locked to only AT&T and I'd have to wait for the contract termination before they will give the unlock code.

However, I'll be traveling internationally in a month and would like to be able to use a local SIM for voice and 3G. Is that expected to work? I'm seeing some posts here that the Nexus 6 is carrier unlocked, but AT&T is saying that it will be SIM locked. Can someone please clarify?

If it will be locked by AT&T, then I might have to buy it direct from Play Store or Motorola.

Thank for your help!

Wouldn't surprise me if they were. Especially if you signed a contract they will not unlock until you fulfill that contract. To be safe, order from motorola or google play.

str8bucs

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I thought AT&T was going to PMA wireless charging instead of Qi like they did with LG G3

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Do you stare at the back of other people's phone and want to smack it out of their hands? Why not talk on the phone and not stare at the logo?

The image of someone yelling something about the logo then smacking a phone out of another person's hand cracked me up.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

I am pretty sure everyone that brought it from AT&T tried that,heck I had two in my cart, one each Wednesday that disappeared. How long will one have to wait Ry? Called Google they have no information of when they will start selling it...... I have money set aside and ready to buy the 64GB version.. The only way to get one of those now is to pay a premium on eBay.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought AT&T was going to PMA wireless charging instead of Qi like they did with LG G3

AT&T prefers pma but if they changed the wireless charging in the Nexus, I would have to wonder what else they changed. I have a qi charger and I don't want to buy another one.
But we will find out 11/20 or sooner if FedEx is fast!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose