Is this some kind of late April Fools?: The new HTC M8s

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Imagine if it does, that would be a really nice phone - Adam

The battery life should be amazing with the QC 615 I would think. Knowing HTC though, they probably just slapped on a 13 MP shooter and called it good.

A lot of people would go for an S model. Especially those coming from an M7.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
This may have been a panic decision after the failed M9.

There doesn't appear to be any expensive redesigned features

njlx2016

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I would totally buy this if it were available in the US. It could hold me over until next year when hopefully some decent phones come out.

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Not looking good this year for flagship phones with Qualcomm 810 eg Xperia Z4. LG G4. 64bit chips even Samsung galaxy s6's suffering from not as good battery life.

2015 phones from hell

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Not looking good this year for flagship phones with Qualcomm 810 eg Xperia Z4. LG G4. 64bit chips even Samsung galaxy s6's suffering from not as good battery life.

2015 phones from hell

Why not use the same chip from last year HTC? I don't understand the need to upgrade the chip if you have one that works already? This is what bothers me about HTC. No, we didn't really change the design but we did manage to mess up the camera and battery life. What happened to why change what works? I do not have time for silly games with companies. Then people on here feed into their bull crap. If the phone was great enough not to change on the outside, why screw with the chip that worked well for you last year?

From the specs I saw the S model doesn't have OIS. But maybe it will include PSR unlike the M9. It would be funny as hell if the 13MP camera and battery life on the M8S out performs the M9. I think this may be the case. People were saying if the camera on the M9 was not as huge the low light pictures might be better.

If this phone comes to the US I would pick one up over the M9. As long as the speed doesn't change from my M8.

Like how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.....

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
This may have been a panic decision after the failed M9.

There doesn't appear to be any expensive redesigned features

I think they had to have this planned out considering the smaller camera and battery. If M9 isn't so hot go to Plan B. HTC's mid range devices have been keeping the company afloat.

Don't understand why they didn't stick with the 801 chip though? Wouldn't the price of the 801 be a good deal since everyone was using that chip last year? QC can't still be charging an arm/leg for the chip.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I think they had to have this planned out considering the smaller camera and battery. If M9 isn't so hot go to Plan B. HTC's mid range devices have been keeping the company afloat.

Don't understand why they didn't stick with the 801 chip though? Wouldn't the price of the 801 be a good deal since everyone was using that chip last year? QC can't still be charging an arm/leg for the chip.

Their decisions have been so absurd I couldn't even speculate

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Maybe they're only trying to release 64-Bit chips from here on out? No idea honestly. Just the only thing I could think of.

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The M8S had actually been rumored to be coming a while ago. Not really sure what the point of it is tough. Its not like they don't have a mid tier range. Isn't that what the Desire's are for?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I remember you mentioning in other posts about HTC switching display technology that caches images so it only needs to reload new info. Or something like that anyway. Do you have a link about that? I can't remember what you said it was called or I'd look it up myself. Also, do most smartphone displays use that as well? Thanks.

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I remember you mentioning in other posts about HTC switching display technology that caches images so it only needs to reload new info. Or something like that anyway. Do you have a link about that? I can't remember what you said it was called or I'd look it up myself. Also, do most smartphone displays use that as well? Thanks.

PSR. Panel self-refresh. Its on Anandtech's M9 review.

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
This was released last year in Asia, only news is it's making its way to Europe

Posted via the Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What would be the reason then to release the M8s? Actually the question is in any case valid :)
Sometimes I just don't understand HTC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz