Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop Update News

tombetz

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop News

Now the question is, do I have to un-root my DE Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2 (and revert my recovery from TWRP) before I can update to Lollipop?

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Now the question is, do I have to un-root my DE Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2 (and revert my recovery from TWRP) before I can update to Lollipop?

I don't think so. When I got my VZW Moto X Developer Edition, it came with 4.4.4. You may want to upgrade to that before you upgrade to Lollipop.

Just sayin'.

Trudy Dsouza

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Seems like just about every day another Android device gets Lollipop. Today, its the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. At this point, I think my Blackberry Curve 8330 has a better chance of getting it before my Moto X.

Being patient was waiting till March, being super patient was waiting till April....10 days from May and I'm beginning not to care.

My thoughts exactly... But just beginning

Posted via the Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Seems like just about every day another Android device gets Lollipop. Today, its the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. At this point, I think my Blackberry Curve 8330 has a better chance of getting it before my Moto X.

Being patient was waiting till March, being super patient was waiting till April....10 days from May and I'm beginning not to care.

There's also a fine line between caring and simple boredom for me at this point. The thing is running perfectly on Kit-Kat, so I don't actually need anything to change with this phone, in fact I kind of need it to be at this level of stability. Having 5.1 on my Nexus 10, and I'm not thinking of anything there I'm missing on my phone. I had been waiting on the new features for the 2014 version that are supposedly coming with L, but it's been so long that I don't even remember what I'm waiting for...

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

There's also a fine line between caring and simple boredom for me at this point. The thing is running perfectly on Kit-Kat, so I don't actually need anything to change with this phone, in fact I kind of need it to be at this level of stability. Having 5.1 on my Nexus 10, and I'm not thinking of anything there I'm missing on my phone. I had been waiting on the new features for the 2014 version that are supposedly coming with L, but it's been so long that I don't even remember what I'm waiting for...

I agree with you for the most part on this. I'm running 4.4.4 right now with Nova Launcher Prime and XPosed framework for the Gravity Box module. There are just a few things that I'm not that crazy about on the stock launcher that I wanted to change to tide me over until Lollipop 5.1 comes out (whenever that may be).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" model using Tapatalk

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm a bit surprised my old galaxy s4 is going to have lollipop before my moto x.

Samsung Galaxy S4 is getting 5.0.2. Moto X (2013) is slated to get 5.1 when it rolls out. Looks like we'll be getting the better end of the deal when it finally does roll out.

Cindy

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

Not sure for who. I read it over at XDA. Sounded like people in Puerto Rico were getting it but it's supposedly the final.

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Droid Maxx should honestly get it soon then. Same exact hardware down to a T.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Motorola 5.1 Change Log

Thanks. When I copied the link it was an English translated link so I don't know what happened. I guess that is what they mean by "Lost in Translation" .

electrophiles

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

This is what I got when I tweeted to the Motorola Support here in India yesterday. I'm guessing they are talking about the 5.1 update rather than 5.0 and they would probably do what they did when the KitKat update came out, which is upgrade directly to 4.4.4 instead of 4.4.3. However, it doesn't look like its coming soon :(

Screenshot_2015-05-01-17-27-30.png

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

My Verizon Note 3 got 5.0.2 a couple weeks ago. Last year (as everyone remembers) Verizon Moto X beat the Note 3 with Kit Kat by a few months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey