Galaxy S6 Appreciation

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes there's like a 1sec delay but it's random

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge??????(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

yes, sometimes for me it can go 2-3 seconds but its random. I've also had the finger print scanner fail a few times with an error stating if it continues to reboot but i never had to. Im hoping this minor thing will be corrected in a software update.

In any case, this is a positive thread so moving on sorry for off topic inquiry didnt want to open another thread.

Whenever the guys at work are asking me "So you love your phone eh?", i rub it against my face (but not too hard to scratch from my beard lol) and give the dreamy eyes lol. I love it, tell the guys to not tell my wife i have a secret crush haha.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Long press mentioned above. Just press long enough to make it expand then swipe or unlock.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I gave up my Note Edge for the S6 on the JUMP! program, and many people would say it's a downgrade. It's not. The S6 is easily the best phone I have ever owned. The camera is unmatched, the screen as well, and the speed at which this phone flies is impressive. 1st Sammy phone that didn't have jittery scrolling, I can't get enough of this phone.

chiro972

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Loving mine. I haven't figured out half of what I can do with it, but overall it is a way better experience than my last galaxy (S3) experience. My battery life really isn't bad at all either. I am not a power user, but with some use of my phone that came off the charger at 3am today, almost 12 hours later I still have 78% left. That is as good or better than my S3 ever was. Now if I could just get a case to actually show up. I have ordered two from amazon, the first is going to be delayed, so I chose a different style that hopefully will be here tomorrow. The phone is kinda slippery and feels a bit fragile without a case.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
yes, sometimes for me it can go 2-3 seconds but its random. I've also had the finger print scanner fail a few times with an error stating if it continues to reboot but i never had to. Im hoping this minor thing will be corrected in a software update.

Just an update on above, someone at work had a similar problem and was told by Samsung to factory reset and it corrected his problems. I just factory reset and it completely resolved all my issues, the errors have stopped and the phone unlocks instantly.

Update: actually what was causing the issue was using all 4 finger print spots, 2 for each thumb. I did this on the iPhone and never had a problem, but it makes the unlock slower on Android. However of you only use 1 per finger and do a good configuration you will never need to do double...so I only use 1 for each thumb and it unlocks as fast as I'd expect. And I factory reset for nothing...

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Had some time to play with my GS6

1) Gesture Wake Up-wave your hand over the GS6 to wake it up.

Settings/Personal/Accessibility/Dexterity & Interaction

2) Notification Reminder-blue LED and/or vibrate notifications for apps (e.g. Email)

Settings/Personal/Accessibility

3) Single Tap-dismiss alarms, calendar items, and answer/reject calls

Same navigation as #2 above

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed that the icons seem to cast a shadow on the wallpaper background that also appears to move depending upon the viewing angles. The icons themselves appear painted on the screen.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Been curious from a battery life perspective. Does the Restrict Background Data help? How does,this functionality affect the app performance as well?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Side by side with the S5, this phone is a HUGE change I didn't even realize how big it was. If I went with the S5 then saw the S6...I'd be disappointed. Man I love this phone...tomorrow is the 14 day mark and I'm sticking with it no regret

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My wife has always complained about her other Samsung phone cameras (she has the Note 3) with the slow and bad photo taking abilities.

The other day I did the Wild West draw with my S6 and took out the camera and turned it on and take a great photo is mere seconds. She was impressed and so was I with this phone camera quality and speed!

Yeah I hate how terrible my Note 3 pics are and how slow the camera is. So glad I got the S6.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think there other idea of just giving you a phone to try and keeping your Verizon service was better. That way we really could compare them side by side. This way not able to do that.
IMO their network is fine as long as your within range. If a certain amount of your time is spent out of range then what good is it? Legere stated today that by years end they will be past Verizon in coverage area. Maybe in his dreams, but if this was to become reality then Verizon would really lose subscribers as there would be no further reason to stay. It will be a great day for all when T-mobile passes Verizon in coverage area, a lot of us may be dead by then, but hey, who knows maybe pigs will fly as well.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Still loving this phone, even with some inconsistent battery...i get excited every time i use it, as if i just opened it. I have no regrets, this phone is stellar and even after the G4 announcement (looks like a great device) im even more confident i made the right decision for me. The camera is OK in low light but in lighted areas is STELLAR. Still hasnt slowed down at all.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think there other idea of just giving you a phone to try and keeping your Verizon service was better. That way we really could compare them side by side. This way not able to do that.
IMO their network is fine as long as your within range. If a certain amount of your time is spent out of range then what good is it? Legere stated today that by years end they will be past Verizon in coverage area. Maybe in his dreams, but if this was to become reality then Verizon would really lose subscribers as there would be no further reason to stay. It will be a great day for all when T-mobile passes Verizon in coverage area, a lot of us may be dead by then, but hey, who knows maybe pigs will fly as well.

While it may be wishful thinking, if I were a VZW customer, I would take this opportunity to bolt to a GSM carrier as it might be even longer for VZW to convert. I know signal strength might be a short term issue but, for Petes sake, TMO is covering off the ETF.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
While it may be wishful thinking, if I were a VZW customer, I would take this opportunity to bolt to a GSM carrier as it might be even longer for VZW to convert. I know signal strength might be a short term issue but, for Petes sake, TMO is covering off the ETF.

Not saying it's not a sweet deal for some, it certainly is. For others, coverage will always trump everything else. I certainly hope a lot of people will to tmoble. Can't help but be a win for the rest of us that stick around. I loved tmo when I had them previously, just not there lack of service areas.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I wish I would have seen this when I still had the S5 and still had some time left on my 2 yr contract. But now I did the early edge and am making payments on the 64GB S6 edge.

The link said they would pay the early ETF up to $650 or payments, which I take it if one was on edge, they would pay the rest of the amount, but they don't say if they also limit it to $650 or not. SInce I've only made 1 payment, it's still going to be over 650 left.

If they did limit it to that amount, I don't know if I could swing the final amount to pay off Verizon to do the change.

I may have to wait till I get the amount down some before changing. I guess I could go to a T-Mobile store and inquire about how they handle a transfer when I am on the early edge.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I wish I would have seen this when I still had the S5 and still had some time left on my 2 yr contract. But now I did the early edge and am making payments on the 64GB S6 edge.

The link said they would pay the early ETF up to $650 or payments, which I take it if one was on edge, they would pay the rest of the amount, but they don't say if they also limit it to $650 or not. SInce I've only made 1 payment, it's still going to be over 650 left.

If they did limit it to that amount, I don't know if I could swing the final amount to pay off Verizon to do the change.

I may have to wait till I get the amount down some before changing. I guess I could go to a T-Mobile store and inquire about how they handle a transfer when I am on the early edge.

What did you pay in addition? While it doesn't make you whole, the possible benefits may outweigh the incremental amount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777