Froyo not till 2011?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah when you guys said bad grammar i thought like some mistypes etc.

But that was almost not understandable,

btw i think its beause its translated into english. If you guys take spanish class, or any language, you know the way they put their sentences together is different. For example, in spanish you put your adjectives after the noun rather than before.

El toro rojo = the red bull in english but the literal translation is "the bull red"

j_benj#AC

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
samsung support on twitter has been saying over and over that froyo is a sure thing before the end of the year. until they change their tune, i'm going to believe them.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing from my sources December 14 or 21. If you don't believe my sources, go back and look about the release date for Froyo on the EVO, I was 1 day off, only because Sprint decided to release it a day early. These sources have been pretty good for me in the past. But, again, delays do happen. Plus, I really don't care when Froyo comes out for the Epic. It is my wife's Epic, and she really likes her phone as it is now. I keep telling her that Froyo will be a lot better, but she doesn't care. This is the first phone she has really liked.

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So what is froyo going to do for the Epic, improve the benchmarks? Make the batt last longer? What other improvments can i expect?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So what is froyo going to do for the Epic, improve the benchmarks? Make the batt last longer? What other improvments can i expect?

Benefits of Froyo:
1. Touchwiz 3.0, none of this 2.5 crap that they pass off as Touchwiz. Lots of enhancements like, adding/removing home pages, rearrange apps in the app drawer, dedicated video/sound recorder app, music player is not the stock android one,
2. JIT (Just-In-Time) Compiler. Sure, it increases benchmarks, but definitely a welcome addition.
3. Flash 10.1. Most won't care, but considering the Flash Lite doesn't work AT ALL on the 2.1 Epic, you'll notice that it works. With a little hackery, hulu works.
4. Access to 2.2 apps (kinda related to #3 if you will). Adobe AIR is an example. The live wallpaper I have now is another one.
5. I haven't tested this, but the bluetooth stack should be universal. Most devices connect, but the wiimote doesn't currently work on 2.1.
6. Yahoo Messanger (video) works (kinda). They still need to optimize it for the Epic where the screen orientation is correct, and sound working, but otherwise, I can see the person on the other end and they can hear me, I just can't hear them. This didn't work at all in the slightest with 2.1.
7. Stable. I'm still using the DJ29 Leak, and its very very stable for my use.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: cary328is

vmcc

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
This device was released two months after my Evo, which had Froyo, and it still hasn't been updated. This is pathetic. I'd heard that Samsung was incredibly slow with their updates, but there's really no excuse for this nonsense. The phone will be on Ebay soon...

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I had an Evo when it got updated to froyo. There were a few nice improvements but nothing that blew me away. While I like an updated OS as much as anybody, the Epic already runs smoother and quicker than the Evo I had with froyo on it.

Samsung is late and needs to get their act together but if you can't wait why not load the leak as stated above?

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I want Froyo so that I can plug some speakers into the Desk "multimedia" dock that doesn't pass through audio via the USB connection yet, but is supposed to with the 2.2 update. That way I can just slide it in and turn on the tunes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality38