Lollipop Battery is fully charged notification issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I found an app called Headsoff in the playstore that is supposed to help you turn off certain lockscreen notifications on lollipop. I don't know if it works or if it will help this situation because I haven't used the app. I read some of the reviews and they were good. Just offering a suggestion for those who don't like the new notification system.

Thanks again for that app link. Seems to be working great for heads up, I just can't test the battery one because I don't have heads up battery notifications.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for that app link. Seems to be working great for heads up, I just can't test the battery one because I don't have heads up battery notifications.

You're welcome. Glad that it works. Hopefully someone who gets the battery one can test. I have att as well that's why I didn't bother to test it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I like the heads up notifications. Especially the Facebook ones lol
OMG.. I hate it for Facebook lol. The other day, someone went nuts and posted about 15 photo comments in a thread. I was texting someone and couldn't finish my text until they stopped posting. My screen was completely covered. I also get several on my Maps when navigating.

jimmyj352

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome. Glad that it works. Hopefully someone who gets the battery one can test. I have att as well that's why I didn't bother to test it.

I just tested it on my Verizon S5 and it looks like the phone still turns on but the app dismisses the notification. However, the event still triggers the phone to vibrate (which is the problem I have). So this might help out some people, but not in my case.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just tested it on my Verizon S5 and it looks like the phone still turns on but the app dismisses the notification. However, the event still triggers the phone to vibrate (which is the problem I have). So this might help out some people, but not in my case.

It vibrates also when it gets that pop-up?

There needs to be an effort for Verizon customer to call and complain about this. If they get enough calls, they will remove this.

Again, I would suggest complaining about it in the context of popping up on your map while driving. That is a safety issue they don't want to deal with..

jimmyj352

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It vibrates also when it gets that pop-up?

There needs to be an effort for Verizon customer to call and complain about this. If they get enough calls, they will remove this.

Again, I would suggest complaining about it in the context of popping up on your map while driving. That is a safety issue they don't want to deal with..

Yes, I keep my phone on vibrate at night so I can take emergency work calls if needed, but so it won't wake up my daughter. However, it waking me up just to say it's charged doesn't constitute as an emergency! :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I keep my phone on vibrate at night so I can take emergency work calls if needed, but so it won't wake up my daughter. However, it waking me up just to say it's charged doesn't constitute as an emergency! :)
If you have it on sound only, does this notification give a sound too?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just tested it - no sound with the sound turned on.
Weird it does a vibration. If I were a Verizon customer, I might post in the carrier forum and ask other Verizon customers if they are having this same issue on other phones or just Samsung phones.

If it is just Verizon Samsung phones, I would see about trying to get people in the Samsung forums that have this happen, call and complain to Verizon. If it is all Verizon phones, maybe Tru that in the Verizon forum. After enough calls on an issue, a carrier automatically pushes the issue up to a higher level and it gets attention.

jimmyj352

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Weird it does a vibration. If I were a Verizon customer, I might post in the carrier forum and ask other Verizon customers if they are having this same issue on other phones or just Samsung phones.

If it is just Verizon Samsung phones, I would see about trying to get people in the Samsung forums that have this happen, call and complain to Verizon. If it is all Verizon phones, maybe Tru that in the Verizon forum. After enough calls on an issue, a carrier automatically pushes the issue up to a higher level and it gets attention.

My wife just moved to a Verizon S5 as well so the good news is that I can confirm that it does also happen on her phone. The bad news is that now we have two phones that get to vibrate and wake us in the middle of the night.

I hear you on the complaints being pushed up with enough calls on it, but I think in my case, the vibration portion of the notification is not something that too many people care about. Most people probably don't even know it's an issue because they put their phones on silent or DND every night.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife just moved to a Verizon S5 as well so the good news is that I can confirm that it does also happen on her phone. The bad news is that now we have two phones that get to vibrate and wake us in the middle of the night.

I hear you on the complaints being pushed up with enough calls on it, but I think in my case, the vibration portion of the notification is not something that too many people care about. Most people probably don't even know it's an issue because they put their phones on silent or DND every night.
Complain about the pop up notification for the battery full and throw the vibration notification in with that same complaint. Everyone needs to complain about the pop up notification. If that is removed by Verizon, it will remove the vibration notification by default.. No battery full notification.

But when using maps, if your phone is in a dock, it will charge and you don't need to have a pop up covering up your maps whole driving. That's why I said I would use that complaint first with Verizon. That is a straight up safety issue.

jimmyj352

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Complain about the pop up notification for the battery full and throw the vibration notification in with that same complaint. Everyone needs to complain about the pop up notification. If that is removed by Verizon, it will remove the vibration notification by default.. No battery full notification.

But when using maps, if your phone is in a dock, it will charge and you don't need to have a pop up covering up your maps whole driving. That's why I said I would use that complaint first with Verizon. That is a straight up safety issue.

That's absolutely true. I'll start my complaining to Verizon (I'm a good complainer!).

Thanks for your help!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's absolutely true. I'll start my complaining to Verizon (I'm a good complainer!).

Thanks for your help!
Sometimes you have to pick the right thing to say to them. They sure don't want someone having a wreck trying to swipe that message away or see around it..

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you have to pick the right thing to say to them. They sure don't want someone having a wreck trying to swipe that message away or see around it..
Point the safety factor out to them, it works. I did that when they had dialing 611 start prompting you input and read info instead of ringing to a rep, now it rings to a rep again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear