Battery is stuck at last charged percentage, How to solve?

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
I am using a Levovo K4 Note for the past 3 years, recently my phone is showing only the last charged percentage always, if I take it off the charger at 80% it stays at 80% until it shut downs due to low batt, I have even tried using battery monitoring apps but all show the same stuck percentage, how to resolve

Btw I have been using factory mode to monitor the charging ampere cos my phone usually slow charges so I use battery charging feature in factory mode of my phone , could that cause any problem??

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
I just entered safe mode, but it doesn't seem it has disabled any of my installed apps, and yes the battery percentage is still stuck at 100, but I have been able to moniter the voltage of the battery thru factory test mode of batterycharging

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
If you were directing this question to belodion, then unfortunately it doesn't look like wiping the cache partition is possible on that phone. It would normally be in the Recovery Menu, but not all manufacturers allow it: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lenovo/lenovo-vibe-k4-note/recovery-mode/

Ohh, I tried to enter recovery mode but it only restarted my phone, I thought it was because my volume down button is broken anyways I tried hard reset now it is showing 57% from previous 100% but is still stuck, so I guess i need to hard reset everytime to check the original percentage, is there any other way to solve this??

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By "hard reset," are you talking about a reboot, or are you actually doing a factory reset? I assume you mean that you're powering the phone off and then powering it back on again.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ohh, I tried to enter recovery mode but it only restarted my phone, I thought it was because my volume down button is broken anyways I tried hard reset now it is showing 57% from previous 100% but is still stuck, so I guess i need to hard reset everytime to check the original percentage, is there any other way to solve this??

It sounds like a factory reset is going to be your "Hail Mary". There's a solid chance it could fix the problem. Let's hope for the best ;)

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
@J Dubbs, i am keeping factory reset as my last resort, cause i don't wanna lose my data .
I tried searching for Lenovo service centers in my locality but all of them are only focused on laptops and tabs, i am thinking of going to a multi-brand service store, but i don't think they will service a 6+ year old phone, i am currently using a VIVO IQOO Z6, i am not really a fan of new phones, i tried to keep my Lenovo running all these days but it seems it's starting to let go. Is there any way to get the battery percentage back to normal? Besides doing a complete factory reset?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You won't lose data if you backup everything. When was the last time you did a factory reset/wipe? 6 years is a long time if you haven't done one. It's long overdue if you have not done one.