Battery has me already looking into the next round of phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just about everyone who reviews this device and countless threads on these and other forums and people are still wondering if there was a "bad batch of phones".

This device has a mediocre battery, everything else is great.

That's about the jist of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much it I believe
Which is why I am waiting for the Note 5

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
OK, for me and both of my S6 edge and recently acquired Blue Topaz S6 battery life is very good, so no issues for me, but just to let you know, I just ordered an Unlocked S6 active and is supposed to arrived on Thursday.

So for those of you who love most of the S6 but think that it has a mediocre battery life, take a look at the S6 active, same great camera and display, same features plus Water, dust and shock resistant on a 3500 mAh battery that has been proven to be the best out there, even over the IPhone 6+ according to some reviews and tests, don't remember the article but according to the test, regular S6 had some 7 hours of SoT with that test and the active lasted 12.5 hours, while it keeps the wireless and fast charging options.

If you don't mind the looks, it's basically the best Android device out there, in pictures I thought it was too bulky for me, but after seeing it in person and comparing it side by side by side with my S6, I realized that it's like a S6 with an Armor or a thin Otterbox case on it. I ordered one the same day.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah forgot about the active, that's definitely a good alternative but look and feel of the S6 and edge I'm sure is one of the big reasons people opted to buy.

So if the S6 plus can keep that sexiness with a better battery life, it'll be dang near perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Civil discussions are encouraged but going after one another due to difference of opinion isn't needed. Use the report button if needed.

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Civil discussions are encouraged but going after one another due to difference of opinion isn't needed. Use the report button if needed.

Thanks!

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey maybe you should get the gs6 plus for yourself we'll be glad to have you on this side of the fence. Try it you might like it

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung active isn't even available at telephone providers in Australia

It's an ATT exclusive, at least here, but I'm not even an ATT customer, I just got an unlocked one, or you can always pay for one of the unlock service, there are a couple on eBay between $5 and $15 that seem to be very reliable and within a couple of days at most can get you the Unlock Code.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't believe folks are all of a sudden looking the iPhone for a options as a battery upgrade really did I miss something. ..not . The iPhone has historically had week battery. Here's a thought get a battery case there cheap on eBay I got one for my gs6 32 gold edge and I'm more then happy . If amazes me with all the Android options to choose from you guys will jump ship to the dark side so quickly

Not. Look, i own an iPhone 6. Bought it for the wife but she hated it so it sits unused. I did use it for a week while i was waiting for the S6 to go on sale. And yeah, it lasted me all day with heavy use. And no, I'm not and would not jump ship, it would just be a place holder till the note 5 is released or another phone with better battery life.

And yes. The battery cases is a good option for those that don't mind the bulk. But i do. I shouldn't have to make my phone the size of a brick for something that shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I was expecting it to be worse with all the hyperbole I've seen on the internet. People act like it's abysmal. I came from a M8 and that could last me from 8am to bedtime at 11pm with 30-40% to spare. Yesterday I unplugged my S6 at 8am, got and answered maybe 50-60 texts through 5pm, got off work and spent the rest of the evening playing "Oh I got a new phone, let me do everything with it", forgot to plug it in at bedtime and still woke up with 23% juice left. Not quite as good as the M8 but it gets me through a day just fine.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't justify upgrading for slightly better battery life and nothing else really concerns me much. I'm fine with using a battery case for those days of heavier use. I may take a look at the S6 Edge Plus(or any other device I'd consider) during the holiday season if I see a sweet deal. I like the Edge design but thought it felt too small. I only see the S6 being outdone possibly by the new iPhone, Note 5, or new Nexus(long shot).

kfroese

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the people that can confuse you then! I don't play much in the way of games but do stream music some times. I can get about 2 hours screen time and I'm usually charging it up again mid-afternoon so it will make it through the evening. Co-worker has S6 that goes for almost two days though he uses it much less but also hasn't done a thing to optimize battery life (all antennas on, brightness full).

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm one of the people that can confuse you then! I don't play much in the way of games but do stream music some times. I can get about 2 hours screen time and I'm usually charging it up again mid-afternoon so it will make it through the evening. Co-worker has S6 that goes for almost two days though he uses it much less but also hasn't done a thing to optimize battery life (all antennas on, brightness full).

I don't know how anyone could use this phone on brightness full. The screen is just so bright. I used my phone today at around 20% because I was curious about how long the battery would last and am so glad to go back to being at 0% brightness. It hurt my eyes xd

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I was expecting it to be worse with all the hyperbole I've seen on the internet. People act like it's abysmal. I came from a M8 and that could last me from 8am to bedtime at 11pm with 30-40% to spare. Yesterday I unplugged my S6 at 8am, got and answered maybe 50-60 texts through 5pm, got off work and spent the rest of the evening playing "Oh I got a new phone, let me do everything with it", forgot to plug it in at bedtime and still woke up with 23% juice left. Not quite as good as the M8 but it gets me through a day just fine.

While I'm glad you get great battery life, i don't. Period. End of story. Abysmal is in the eyes of the beholder....and that sucker is etched in my retina.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
You're not going to get much better than this on many other devices

Attachments

• 1437669226462.jpg
    1437669226462.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 1437669238370.jpg
    1437669238370.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 43

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I lose about 10% battery life per hour. Battery life is not great but this is not phablet with over 3000 mah.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I lose about 10% battery life per hour. Battery life is not great but this is not phablet with over 3000 mah.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

My zf2 has a 3000 mAh battery and doesn't last as long as my S6. Battery size doesn't matter as much anymore.

On the other hand, having a T-Mobile S6 can be a huge factor in battery life as compared to other carriers due to wifi calling. Or if you are on Sprint, you could have issues with battery life now due to only having a single radio as compared to the past phones. But but an unlocked or AT&T phone and you'll not have to worrie so much about battery life.

Posted via the zenfone 2

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Can't believe folks are all of a sudden looking the iPhone for a options as a battery upgrade really did I miss something. ..not . The iPhone has historically had week battery. Here's a thought get a battery case there cheap on eBay I got one for my gs6 32 gold edge and I'm more then happy . If amazes me with all the Android options to choose from you guys will jump ship to the dark side so quickly

Untrue. As much as I like android, my iPhones last much longer than any android phone I've ever owned. Both my iPhone 6/6+ have great battery life. Say what you want about the iPhone being an "iTurd", "iSheep" or whatever stupid fanboyism someone can think of, the iPhone has better power management. I can fully charge my s6 and my iPhone, unplug them both, and ten minutes later the s6 will be at 90% where my iPhone is holding on to it's 100%.

Signed in to the same services, pulling down the same notifications. Credit where credit is due. That being said I love the hell out of my s6 even though it has the battery life of my old 3GS lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe