Moto 360 - update

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes after updating Android goes haywire. If you notice a huge battery difference using the same watchface as before, try factory resetting your watch. Yes, I know, it sucks. But it works! Last update my watch wouldn't last half a day. Reset it, and now it's back to a day and a half or more than two if I don't push notifications to it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine just finished updating. And yes, it zapped my battery today when it downloaded the update. Normally I get home from work and have 70% left, today it was 30%! So had to charge it before updating.

"Updating apps" took forever, as usual.

When I tried the new weather app, I got "Could not retrieve weather. Check your internet connection". Of course, there is nothing wrong with my "internet connection". Waited a while, tried twice more- same thing. What a joke.

Neat, there is a "triple tap for zoom" gesture under accessibility now! Was that there before? Very useful for when I don't have my glasses on.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping this update would of fixed the WiFi function but it still doesn't work at all with my Droid DNA. Before this current update, it would kind of work with my razr Maxx hd, haven't tried this update with it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Couple of issues I've noted. Translate was blocked by my firewall so it uses something other than simple http. Also, the weather app didn't show up until I manually resynced all apps to the watch. Putting this here in case someone else has the same problem.

What do you mean your firewall is blocking it? Translate on the watch doesn't seem to work for me and I troubleshooting it (although I don't have the watch on wifi).

Installed last night and got the Bits watch face to try out. Noticed my battery drains a lot faster now! Hopefully this will go back to normal in the next day or so.

My battery drained much quicker today too, I was at 15% after 11 hours, where I am usually at 30-40% after 16 hours. I was trying to get Translate to work though, and was also playing around with the new watchface and Tripadvisor functionality a bit, so that might be a cause. We both have M8s as phones...wonder if that has anything to do with it. Hoping not to reset but afraid I may have to.

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to receive this update but if it impacts the battery as much as being mentioned in this thread for features that aren't that important I may give this a miss!

Please keep us updated with your battery life impressions :)

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Got mine last night. I regretted it immediately. Pulling up the settings and apps is gone now.

Why must they constantly ruin the most useful features!?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
got mine last night. just now having a moment to play with it. Wondering if I should just do the factory reset as mentioned. Had to for the last update. Wondering if you DID do the FR, did you also wipe Wear off your phone and then re-install?

The "Together" watchface looks wild. You send an invite to a friend with a wear watch and connect and can send stuff from watch to watch? interesting.

Iron Adventurevich

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Because of interactions with new watch faces that will be "tapable" for various actions. Just check the odyssey or IW LCD weather, or Bits. if they would keep the tap, then it would not be possible to interact with new watch faces, rather it would bring the old settings/app screen. But I see no problem of just swiping to the left instead.
It used to be just tapping the center. Why did they have to change it?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Got a notification for my watch update a well last night.
I had to charge it, accept the update. After a few hours i powered off my watch and then back on. So far no issues and after 2 hours use battery drain seems normal.

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that bugs me is the green spot that appear when I touch the face. Didn't find any way to disable it. But it's really minor, so I don't care that much.

jaycemil

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean your firewall is blocking it? Translate on the watch doesn't seem to work for me and I troubleshooting it (although I don't have the watch on wifi).

My battery drained much quicker today too, I was at 15% after 11 hours, where I am usually at 30-40% after 16 hours. I was trying to get Translate to work though, and was also playing around with the new watchface and Tripadvisor functionality a bit, so that might be a cause. We both have M8s as phones...wonder if that has anything to do with it. Hoping not to reset but afraid I may have to.

Translate would not work behind my firewall. Not sure if it's trying to use a different port than normal web access or what but when I disabled wifi it worked fine. Also keep in mind, it doesn't take much fiddling with the watch to burn through the battery. In normal use you use it much less than you realize.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to receive this update but if it impacts the battery as much as being mentioned in this thread for features that aren't that important I may give this a miss!

Please keep us updated with your battery life impressions :)

The battery impact for me was just when it downloaded the update (that, for some reason, drains your watch FAST). But after the update, I've been getting normal battery life.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last night. I regretted it immediately. Pulling up the settings and apps is gone now.

Why must they constantly ruin the most useful features!?

I can see your point, but to implement actionable watchfaces, they had to disable the only action they had on there before. Yes, it takes a swipe or a long-button-press to get there, but now you get different actions in different areas of watchfaces.

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Still draining fast. Going to factory reset tonight and see if that helps. If not the only other cause could be the Bits watch face. I do have ambient screen on but I had no issue with it before the update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-28-14-23-41[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-28-14-23-41[1].jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It used to be just tapping the center. Why did they have to change it?

That changed in the update prior to this one. Three methods of getting to settings:
1) Swipe to the left
2) Swipe down from the top and then twice to the left
3) Press and hold the power button on the side

A fourth method for me is I use Wear Mini Launcher and bookmark Settings. So I just swipe once to the right and then tap Settings which is the first icon on the list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans