6P Default Email App?

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 6P upgrading from the Nexus 6. My only issue was GMail replaced Motorola email app on the phone. I see a few people have their 6Ps ... Can you tell us if Huawei has an email app?

Posted via the Android Central App

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Let's think about this deductively.... It's made by Huawei, its published through Google, Google makes and distributes Android, gmail is apart of Android, the nexus 6p is an android phone, therefore the default email app will be gmail, with a secondary email app, called email.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Let's think about this deductively.... It's made by Huawei, its published through Google, Google makes and distributes Android, gmail is apart of Android, the nexus 6p is an android phone, therefore the default email app will be gmail, with a secondary email app, called email.

Thanks. Concordantly, while your approach to deductive reasoning is sound, one could oppugn your conclusion based upon precedence established by the Google Nexus 6. Made by Motorola, published through Google, Google made and distributed Android, Gmail is apart of Android, the Nexus 6 is an android phone, the default email app was gmail, ... IMHO here is where the Motorola fundamental email flaw is revealed ... When attempting to launch the secondary email app, it simply launched Gmail; Thus, no secondary email app existed. I was hoping that someone who actually has the phone (Nexus 6P) could provide some insight.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is nine really better than outlook for android?
Yep way better especially for exchange, it also integrates with my main calendar so that I can see all my gmail, exchange calenders in one widget, not possible with outlook. Also the UI of Nine is so much better than outlook and feel more snappy as well. Personally I don't see all the love Outlook gets even on iOS. They say it's the best email app for gmail on iOS which I disagree. For me Inbox works well, Nine in Android for exchange and built in email app for exchange on iOS.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Yep way better especially for exchange, it also integrates with my main calendar so that I can see all my gmail, exchange calenders in one widget, not possible with outlook. Also the UI of Nine is so much better than outlook and feel more snappy as well. Personally I don't see all the love Outlook gets even on iOS. They say it's the best email app for gmail on iOS which I disagree. For me Inbox works well, Nine in Android for exchange and built in email app for exchange on iOS.
Thanks for this. I just installed Nine and it cleared all of my frustrations with my work email. Due to some weird security things my job has, the gmail app couldn't fully support my email more than IMAP. The outlook app couldn't either. I had access to my email but not my calendar. Well nine just cleared that all up. Thanks.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Seriously man, it's going to be Gmail... :confused: It's a Nexus phone. Anyway, have always preferred Aquamail to Gmail myself, so hereis the plug for the Aqua.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if nine does push for exchange?

as others have mentioned, yes. I use it for my work's exchange account and it pushes. I do like that I can have a schedule where it only pushes between 8:30-5:00 M-F and doesn't sync outside of that time unless I manually do it.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
as others have mentioned, yes. I use it for my work's exchange account and it pushes. I do like that I can have a schedule where it only pushes between 8:30-5:00 M-F and doesn't sync outside of that time unless I manually do it.

Yea I saw their website just now and it looks pretty good. Outlook is free but my company blacklisted them until recently due to security flaws. Unfortunately I cannot have push mail only during certain hours as my job requires 24 hour watch.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea I saw their website just now and it looks pretty good. Outlook is free but my company blacklisted them until recently due to security flaws. Unfortunately I cannot have push mail only during certain hours as my job requires 24 hour watch.

It's user changeable. You can have push 24-hours a day or define "peak" periods. I prefer the latter but its got a lot of options

Posted via my 5x

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Gmail supports IMAP, POP and Exchange email in addition to Google. You can literally use the one app to cover most major email accounts.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Gmail supports IMAP, POP and Exchange email in addition to Google. You can literally use the one app to cover most major email accounts.

My problem with this is that my Google account which I use to log in to the phone, download apps, sign up to things clutters my inbox.

On my M8 GPE there was no way of disabling this one account on the Gmail app

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My problem with this is that my Google account which I use to log in to the phone, download apps, sign up to things clutters my inbox.

Super easy to do. In the Gmail app you go to settings, then tap on your google account. Then halfway down the page, give or take, there's litearlly a "sync gmail" checkbox.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Super easy to do. In the Gmail app you go to settings, then tap on your google account. Then halfway down the page, give or take, there's litearlly a "sync gmail" checkbox.

I hope you're right.

It's a long time since I tried to resolve this, but I recall being unable to stop the primary account from syncing.

It's not going to stop me buying the 6P so I will just have to reinvestigate when it arrives

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Nothing says you HAVE to use the unified inbox. I have 3 mail accounts that sync in my Gmail app but I just look at each individual inbox as I want to. They also all show different email notifications when I have new mail.