Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style vs. Nexus 6P

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone trading in their XPE for a nexus 6p?

That's funny because initially I was completely sold on getting a new Moto X but the lack of an AMOLED screen has me leaning towards the 6P.

I am still going back and forth because I love the Moto software tweaks and the fact that it has a SD card slot but I would really like to have a fingerprint scanner, and the camera on the Nexus 6P looks downright amazing. Although with regard to the camera that seems to have more to do with the software image processing side than the actual hardware as they both have excellent image sensors, so hopefully that is something that will be improved on the XPE in the future.

Jordan Yaeger

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

I am not dissatisfied with my XPE. However, I am intrigued by the new Nexus phones (haven't owned one since the one). I'm waiting to see how marshmallow looks on the X before giving any serious consideration to switching.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree I have never owned a nexus phone but they have always grabbed my attention with the top of the line specs and no bloatware. Does anyone know or heard any rumors about the status of 6.0 coming to the X?

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Jordan Yaeger

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

Another question for you guys. Have any of you experienced something screwy with the headphone jack? On my droid if you barely bump it with headphones plugged in it will stop the music like you pulled out the plug.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Currently I am on an aging Droid Maxx and stuck between a moto x pure and the 6p. I like the moto features and the new pure I like the idea of the sd slot but I also dont want to get screwed on updates among other stuff. Are any of you disappointed with xpe? Especially those who are previous moto owners (X, droid line etc).

Great question, I'm in the same boat. Having the aging Maxx, also torn between these two devices.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Another question for you guys. Have any of you experienced something screwy with the headphone jack? On my droid if you barely bump it with headphones plugged in it will stop the music like you pulled out the plug.

I only use Bluetooth so I'd have to test this out and report back.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Haven't encountered that.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Had my Pure Edition for a day and LOVE it so much! It's snappy and very fast. Thought about getting a 6P but I saw it as Motorola vs Huawei

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

Absolutely loving my MXPE. Not trading it for anything else! :D

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

In my car I have to plug in my phone to the stereo. It bounces around in the seat and I've never had an issue with playback.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Although I've only had my MXPE for a month the 6P is interesting. Should something amazing be revealed once the reviews come out I'll get one.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

the camera on the Nexus 6P looks downright amazing. Although with regard to the camera that seems to have more to do with the software image processing side than the actual hardware as they both have excellent image sensors, so hopefully that is something that will be improved on the XPE in the future.

The Nexus has a high quality camera, but I've noticed a lot of samples where bright light has blown out parts if the picture. I don't know if reviewers are taking more shots in harsh conditions than they used to or if it is just the camera.

I'm a little more confident in the MXPE camera based on posted samples than the 6P.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

The Nexus has a high quality camera, but I've noticed a lot of samples where bright light has blown out parts if the picture. I don't know if reviewers are taking more shots in harsh conditions than they used to or if it is just the camera.

I'm a little more confident in the MXPE camera based on posted samples than the 6P.

Yeah I have noticed that too but on the flip side the low light photos are phenomenal with very little grain in the really dark areas. So I guess it's kind of a toss up.

But right now the determining factor may just be the fact that I could pick up a Moto X today if I don't mind a non-customized version from Best Buy, or I can have a custom one in about a week. But the 6P isn't going to be shipping until like late November at this point, and that's if I pre-order one now. If I wait it will probably be close to Christmas before they are in actually just in stock. I just don't know if I can wait that long.

Matt Gomes

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

I have had my Moto X Pure for about a month now, and really like it. I am coming from the OnePlus One. I originally bought the Moto X Pure with the intent of keeping it, but I liked a few more things about the Nexus 6P (although barely). On paper, Nexus 6P has a slightly better processor, larger battery, possibly better camera (this could be close), better AMOLED screen (this could be argued), and fingerprint scanner. I am not really interested in the fingerprint scanner, but I thought the faster processor and larger battery was enough for me to make the jump. I ordered the Nexus 6P, but I have to be honest, each day that goes by I enjoy my MXP that much better. This phone is awesome! The processor handles anything I throw at it with ease, including graphic-intensive games. The screen and audio sound is excellent. The camera really does produce great pictures. Battery life is OK. But the size of the phone is what is tempting me. MXP fits great in the hands for a 5.7" phone, where as the Nexus 6P is much taller and slightly wider, just thinner. Man this will be tough to let go of.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Loving my mxpe.. No way am I giving up sd card, or front facing speakers.. My wife has a white bamboo one and getting my daughter one in November for her birthday

Melvin Vasquez

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The way I see it, it makes more sense to get the Moto X pure. It's at a cheaper price point, with built in Moto features, and the only two immediately significant things in favor of the Nexus 6P is that it has a finger print sensor and faster updates. Otherwise, everything beneficial about the Nexus 6P is heavily dependent on Marshmallow, which Moto will have soon, plus the added benefit of Flex storage, so greater internal memory is easier to pay for if it's necessary.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it, it makes more sense to get the Moto X pure. It's at a cheaper price point, with built in Moto features, and the only two immediately significant things in favor of the Nexus 6P is that it has a finger print sensor and faster updates. Otherwise, everything beneficial about the Nexus 6P is heavily dependent on Marshmallow, which Moto will have soon, plus the added benefit of Flex storage, so greater internal memory is easier to pay for if it's necessary.

With moto dropping support for a lot of the things that made a moto a "moto"

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/10/02/motorola-to-shut-down-moto-software-services-marshmallow/

and their shift in focus on updates I've just lost a lot of faith in them.

I'll take the bigger battery, thinner all metal body, timely updates, nexus imprint, usb type c, and the piece of mind that comes with a nexus.

Also with android sensor hub the nexus may be more "moto" than the moto x before long.

At the end of the day they're both good phones but the argument for motorola in general is fading to say the least.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
With moto dropping support for a lot of the things that made a moto a "moto"

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/10/02/motorola-to-shut-down-moto-software-services-marshmallow/

and their shift in focus on updates I've just lost a lot of faith in them.

I'll take the bigger battery, thinner all metal body, timely updates, nexus imprint, usb type c, and the piece of mind that comes with a nexus.

Also with android sensor hub the nexus may be more "moto" than the moto x before long.

At the end of the day they're both good phones but the argument for motorola in general is fading to say the least.

I thought they weren't getting rid of everything just some of the features that duplicate what was added to M.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6P vs. Moto X Pure Edition

I do not want to post this at the 6P forum, since would seem borderline trolling. After reading the reviews and hearing speaker comparisons, I am not sure what is the draw over the MXPE besides a month or so earlier updates.

1. Display overall is less bright and less color accuracy and hard to see outside.
2. Battery life is on average equal to the MXPE (based on reviews)
3. Front facing speakers sound tinny with less bass
4. Less than half the volume output from the headphone jack (that is not good for quality due to weaker audio gain)
5. Camera is not better
6. No sd slot
7. Costs more
8. No custom options
9. Radios apparently not as good

This is not a baited post. I really can not fathom the relative media frenzy for the 6P when it appears the MXPE is a far better device overall- especially for media fans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84