Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style vs. Nexus 6P

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This or Moto X Pure?

I'm having a super tough time deciding on which of the two to get. I'm using the X right now and I like it but I'm also unsure about it. But I'm also fearing that waiting for all of the shipping to happen for the 6P wouldn't be worth it either. I'm so nervous and on the fence about coming back to Android in general and this is stressing me out 😟 like how does battery life compare between the two?

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: This or Moto X Pure?

I'm having a super tough time deciding on which of the two to get. I'm using the X right now and I like it but I'm also unsure about it. But I'm also fearing that waiting for all of the shipping to happen for the 6P wouldn't be worth it either. I'm so nervous and on the fence about coming back to Android in general and this is stressing me out ?????? like how does battery life compare between the two?

Hi, do you have the Pure edition the now or an older Moto X model? I decided to go with the Moto X pure, as I hadn't had a phone with a leather back before, plus I couldn't wait for the Nexus to be released (I ordered my Moto a while back) I can't complain about my Moto - it's stock Android with some cool features. I don't use all of them, but one feature I love and can't live without is driving mode.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi, do you have the Pure edition the now or an older Moto X model? I decided to go with the Moto X pure, as I hadn't had a phone with a leather back before, plus I couldn't wait for the Nexus to be released (I ordered my Moto a while back) I can't complain about my Moto - it's stock Android with some cool features. I don't use all of them, but one feature I love and can't live without is driving mode.

I am using the X Pure right now 😁

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I am using the X Pure right now ??????

I think the only real advantage over the Nexus 6p would be the camera and finger print scanner, but the Moto X has a decent camera. I too am in a similar boat, I really want the Nexus, but I feel I wouldn't be gaining much from swapping for my Moto.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm typing this on a pure edition and have the 6p at home. It just came yesterday and the case and screen protector don't come until today so I just played around with it at home last night setting it all up shooting some pictures of my kid running around and eating and I can already tell, this MXPE is getting sold.

Barring any terrible experience once I put my sim in and get using it on T-Mobile network it will be my daily driver. I love the pure but there's just something different holding the nexus. I've learned that I much prefer the AMOLED to the lcd and it just feels crisper than mxpe all around. Granted I don't use any moto features except the display and I can get over that with how fast this fingerprint sensor is. Ok Google is as good as moto voice for me so that's a wash. Hopefully I don't experience any issues staying connected to wifi or Bluetooth like some others have reported. Even then I'd just rma the 6p and sell the mxpe. The only thing I'll miss a little is the SD slot for music but I'll get over it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

If you're worried about shipping on the 6p, don't.

I ordered on Tuesday, November 3rd and was in hand that Friday.

6p 👌

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I came from the Moto X Pure Edition. The Moto X is honestly an amazing phone but if I really had to choose I would choose the 6P over and over again. I like having updates directly from Google. Motorola is definitely faster with updates than anyone else (usually) but directly from the source is nice :).

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I had both phones for about 10 days and went back and forth with my decision. My main issue with the 6p was that it wasn't nearly as ergonomic as the Moto x pure. The Moto just felt so much easier to hold and live with. It also had slightly better front facing speakers and the sd card is nice. But ultimately I kept the 6p because the camera performed better inside my house, I liked the quick updates from Google, and the 6p is just absolutely screaming fast. It plows through every task with this swift smooth attitude that I love. I think the Moto X Pure is nearly as fast, but I just didn't have the same level of confidence in the device as I did the 6p. Honestly I would have been just as happy either way. There is no bad choice here.

dmaynard83

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

One thing I hated on the pure was moto voice. Much rather just use google now instead of it handing off to Google now.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

My other problem is that I want to see how battery will be on the X Pure, but it obviously won't be here until after the 14 day window. Maybe in a week I'll return the X Pure and get the 6P. Idk. The speakers on both are good. How's the battery life compared to the 6P do you guys think?

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I am on the same fence and the tipping point might be which phone ends up with T-Mo's band 12 first. It looks like the Pure is getting it active once it gets Marshmallow, and I haven't heard any more news on the 6P recently.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

So I'm guessing no one has experience on the battery life on both then? Seriously, the first few minutes the X Pure is on its already down almost 10% just by using a couple apps.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

with the recent history of moto after being purchased by Lenovo, I am just not sure if their update support will be as good as they were previously anymore.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So I'm guessing no one has experience on the battery life on both then? Seriously, the first few minutes the X Pure is on its already down almost 10% just by using a couple apps.

I personally find better battery life on my 6P but that could be due to MM / Doze.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I got better battery life on my 6p, but the difference wasn't all that great.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I had both and kept the Moto X pure over the 6P. The 6P is not comfortable to hold in the hand at all for me. Both screens are the same size but the bezels and how tall the 6 P is drew me to keep the Moto X. Also the video camera was night and day better on the X, too jumpy on the 6P to be useful. The Moto X is basically a Nexus with better features IMO, it may not get updated as fast, but more than likely second in line compared to carrier bloated phones.