Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Source of this confirmation?

The sm-p601 update was confirmed by T-Mobile, their news page said that they are testing it. As for the SM-p600 someone on xda asked a Samsung rep and the rep said that it will be updated. You can find this on our device forum on xda under the "general" section.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Because we ALL know how reliable the info is when it comes from a "rep" that someone gets on the phone :-\ . I read somewhere else that the 601 would get it because it used a common chip with other devices that already have it but the 600 uses an Exynos chip and was less likely to get it as a result.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Because we ALL know how reliable the info is when it comes from a "rep" that someone gets on the phone :-\ . I read somewhere else that the 601 would get it because it used a common chip with other devices that already have it but the 600 uses an Exynos chip and was less likely to get it as a result.

I agree with you on the rep reliability part, however the p601 has the exact same Exynos chip that the p600 has. The main difference between the two is the modem and other than that they are almost identical.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
And the rep was on the Samsung website, so it was not a phone call, which means that the conversation was documented.

Was it? The post I saw said it was on a phone call, here:
I can confirm that Samsung themselves are working on a 5.0.2 update, and possibly a 5.1.2 as well. They told me, via phone call (long story), that it would be released q3 2015, possibly, but no later than the end of the year.
Galaxy Note 10.1 official Android 5.0.2 lollipop update is Under-development - Post #38 - XDA Forums

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 just got 5.1.1 over the air. I thought my table froze since it was in my backpack updating. have to update apps and my folder icons changed.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 just got 5.1.1 over the air. I thought my table froze since it was in my backpack updating. have to update apps and my folder icons changed.

Galaxy Note and Galaxy Tab are 2 different devices and I believe the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is newer than the Galaxy Note 10.1.

electrocutus

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I updated my tablet to Lollipop a few weeks ago.
Since the update I have noticed that the screen brightness does not go as high as it used to be. When I watch videos on Netflix, some shows are almost too dark to watch. Before lollipop, I would turn off auto-brightness and crank up the brightness to max and everything was OK. No anymore.
It's not just for videos, but in other apps it's not really an issue.
Has anyone noticed a similar problem?