Nougat OTA Update

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought Nexus devices is free from carrier control? I just read that my carrier has to approved Nougat for the 6P that I got from them. With Apple, there is no such thing. I was led to believe Nexus phones are the same?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought Nexus devices is free from carrier control? I just read that my carrier has to approved Nougat for the 6P that I got from them. With Apple, there is no such thing. I was led to believe Nexus phones are the same?
There isn't any carrier control. OTAs are all from Google but roller out in phases. What's your carrier?

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I got tired of waiting so I re-enrolled in beta and immediately got the T build with September 6th security patch. Then I un-enrolled again.

That's what I did. But I wonder if this will be the case again for the October update? Also I wonder if 7.1 will arrive next month?

ptgoddard

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Received my OTA last week. Works fine for the most part, it's the battery that is draining more quickly than before. I hope the update addresses that issue.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I got tired of waiting so I re-enrolled in beta and immediately got the T build with September 6th security patch. Then I un-enrolled again.

Same here, resigned into beta just to get the fricking September update.
Google's treats their beta testers like lab rats - they get the disease but not the cure.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

It's a trap! Oh well, you are stuck like me now. I guess I know how that lab rat feels grabbing that piece of cheese and not being patient.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here, resigned into beta just to get the fricking September update.
Google's treats their beta testers like lab rats

[offtopic]
Well actually, with lab rats it's that way, that there are two groups, one group gets the disease only, the other group gets both disease and cure. ;)
[/offtopic]

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I got the 90U ota update of 7.0. I have no problems with battery, in fact it might even be better than it was with 6.

I use T-Mobile, bought phone directly through Google last January, and was not enrolled with the Beta program (if any of that info helps the puzzle of delivery times)

I constantly have Data Saver and Battery Saver enabled though. I also have all push notifications disabled and only allow email and websites to refresh when i choose to refresh. These things are likely why my phone is so efficient with battery life. Also use Battery Saving setting for Location, unless driving and need Waze or Google Maps, in which case i enable High Accuracy for the drive only.

The only item the new Pixel phone might potentially offer that this one doesn't is a Reboot OS option instead of having to hold down the physical power button and then rebooting. That option would be nice, but not super crucial to me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74