Reinstall Youtube

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it and got the same thing. It worked the day I posted it but thhat was from my computer, today I tried from my nook, so perhaps that is the problem. If not hopefully our friendly neighborhood adviser Will will see this and be able to help as he is the one who posted it on xda

leorob

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Can't reinstall YouTube

I have also stupidly uninstalled Youtube from my Nook Color.
When I go to "nookcolormods.com" I just get back to the android forums.

I would really like to reinstall YouTube on my Rooted Nook Color but have no idea how to do it.

Can you help?

CutThroats

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Astro File manager to my rooted NC. It doesn't show up on my extras list of apps but it does indicate it is installed when I go to the market. Where do I find it. TIA

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I put the APK on my SD card but I cannot get it to install. Using App Installer.

EDIT: nvm, i tried a different youtube.apk file and everything is working now.

so i tried to backup the original youtube file and then uninstalled it. i tried to install the youtubeHD file from SD as well and it says it installs, but force closes every single time.

so i get rid of the HD version and when i go to put the original version back the backup isn't there. dammit!

so, i still have the HD version file, but installing from the SD with app installer doesn't seem to work. i want to try installing via adb, but for some reason i can get my computer to recognize the NC as "adb composite interface" anymore. i've been trying for over an hour.

any help in getting youtube back on the NC? i don't care which version either.

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I did that also myself and still cant get it to install. I deleted the original Youtube.apk that was in the system/app folder by mistake from the beginning. I downloaded this apk with the Nook and also downloaded it on the PC, put it on an SD card and tried to put it in that folder and install it. I till cant get it to work.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got it working using the link provided. Thanks to everyone in this thread. Now when my kids discover youtube works again on the Nook I will loose it to them. Lol

jedipunk

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it working. I could not uninstall cause it was listed nowhere to uninstall so I just ignored and ADBed in and pushed the file.

Then I had to wipe the cache and it works. Now, I wish I didn't have to clear the cache every time I start it fresh.

tvking63

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this apk with the Nook and also downloaded it on the PC, put it on an SD card and tried to put it in that folder and install it. I till cant get it to work.

You "tried" to put it in the system/app folder? Were you successful?

"and install it." Again, you don't install it. You just put it in the system/app folder and set the permissions to the same as other .apk file in that folder.

What app are you using to move the file? You have to use something that has root access in order to change the permissions. I use Root Explorer.

The attached screen shots are using Root Explorer. They're also from my Droid phone but the Nook looks/works the same.

Once you have the youtube.apk in system/apps folder, click on the gray Mount button. Once clicked it will say Mount R/O like it does in the screen shot. Then press and hold on youtube.apk, select Permissions, then set them to match the attached screen shot and hit OK.

You'll probably have to reboot before youtube will work, but you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrlingo

jedipunk

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I put the APK on my SD card but I cannot get it to install. Using App Installer.

I should also mention I finally got it "installed."

I never did get the uninstall to work, but I adb-ed in (wireless) and just pushed the apk to the system app folder and reset permission to 644 and it worked. I did have to use titanium to wipe the cache.

jedipunk

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It would fail. But like I said, I finally ignored all the failed uninstalls and the apps that wouldn't list it and just adbed in and pushed it the apk to the nook.

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You "tried" to put it in the system/app folder? Were you successful?

"and install it." Again, you don't install it. You just put it in the system/app folder and set the permissions to the same as other .apk file in that folder.

What app are you using to move the file? You have to use something that has root access in order to change the permissions. I use Root Explorer.

The attached screen shots are using Root Explorer. They're also from my Droid phone but the Nook looks/works the same.

Once you have the youtube.apk in system/apps folder, click on the gray Mount button. Once clicked it will say Mount R/O like it does in the screen shot. Then press and hold on youtube.apk, select Permissions, then set them to match the attached screen shot and hit OK.

You'll probably have to reboot before youtube will work, but you should be good to go.

i did this and now youtube works perfectly on my root stock

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Astro won't let me move the apk. Is there another free program that will allow me to get the apk to the system/apps directory and mount it?

Reactions: dolph88

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila