Huwaei 6p nexus had battery replaced and stuck in boot loop and turns off when you get it on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So other then hair dryer and computer thing but it turns on for awhile and then shuts off would it be my button or battery I dont know what to do spent so much money.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Possibly the battery... Are you saying it was just replaced? Did you use a hair dryer to remove the adhesive on the back panel? What "computer thing"?

Honestly, your comment is pretty difficult to make sense of...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I dont know what to do spent so much money.

I would have taken the money spent on this repair (since it was "so much money") and bought a more modern device instead. That phone is now almost 7 years old - nearly a dinosaur in the tech world! A mid-range or budget Motorola or Samsung would have served as well as that Nexus 6p and had better long-term app support.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 6P was known for failing like that -- it happened to me as well. It's not a battery issue, it's the motherboard. Get a new phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My nexus 6p went into the boot loop of death several years ago. It was not due to a battery replacement. It was due to a defect in many nexus 6p’s.
Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 6P was known for failing like that -- it happened to me as well. It's not a battery issue, it's the motherboard. Get a new phone.
Good point I remember my nexus 6p and 5x had this issue

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When mine died I decided to get an LG G4 because it was basically the same phone. Only had it for a couple of months and really didn't like LG's take on Android. About that time the Essential Phone came out and I went with that.
I never had a LG device lol
Came close but didn't
HTC, Google, Samsung,One Plus, Motorola, iPhone

I like HTC especially m8 which I still have made into Google play edition if you remember those back in the day , but doesn't work lol

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Came close but didn't

I like HTC especially m8 which I still have made into Google play edition if you remember those back in the day , but doesn't work lol
I never had an iPhone so we're even. Don't have many of my old phones around anymore unless I really liked them. The Essential Phone and an SII (still powers on) is about all I have left.
Most of my phones get donated to a local women's shelter. 911 still works in Canada even without a sim card.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When mine died I decided to get an LG G4 because it was basically the same phone. Only had it for a couple of months and really didn't like LG's take on Android. About that time the Essential Phone came out and I went with that.
Oh no! The G4 was notorious for the bootloop of death. Did yours survive?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Came close but didn't

The HTC M8 was such a cool looking phone. I never got it but wish I did. I had a V20 for 3 years. I liked it a lot, especially for the quality of the inbuilt DAC.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I never had an iPhone so we're even. Don't have many of my old phones around anymore unless I really liked them. The Essential Phone and an SII (still powers on) is about all I have left.
Most of my phones get donated to a local women's shelter. 911 still works in Canada even without a sim card.
How was the Essential phone ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord