Moto & ATT is updating Atrix!!!

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
so if we update we have to unroot? and what about other things that were done to the phone, like webtop via hdmi cable. does the latter part matter?

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I suspect that this will address at least SOME of the major issues that we've all been experiencing. I signed up.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
just got an email letting me know how to prepare for the update and that it can be expected to start tomorrow

(but I'm not supposed to tell you about it...so shhhhh, be quiet)

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I got that email as well and the download was about to begin but I pressed the later option. I am rooted and on a custom rom ..I'm wondering if the update is worth it for me to unroot and return to stock...anyone who updated have feedback on this update?

TheFletch

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had just rooted and installed Titanium Backup and was about ready to buy the Titanium Pro license when the 4_1.5.7 update came in to download. I went ahead and did it and now I'm unrooted and running the aroot script doesn't work.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
updating as I type :)

Edit:just successfully installed update

FYI I was rooted and unrooted my phone before installing update, all seems to be well now. Gonna see what this update is all about :)

Last edited:

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm....so the update is sitting in my notification bar....but I don't wanna do it cuz I'm still rooted with a custom Rom. Hmmm...Eldon I have to remove adeo first and then unroot or can I just unroot and adeo will remove itself and be back to stock? =/

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Hmm....so the update is sitting in my notification bar....but I don't wanna do it cuz I'm still rooted with a custom Rom. Hmmm...Eldon I have to remove adeo first and then unroot or can I just unroot and adeo will remove itself and be back to stock? =/

i revert to stock to be safe, even if someone says they had success. i've been hearing some stories in the moto forums about user's phones getting stuck in the update process.

edit: keep in mind, you may not be able to root again... no one i know has had success. all i really needed was my AC SWM to work. I'll try it tomorrow to ensure it still works.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
9 mins, 9secs to install and reboot. used a device i will not mention as the stopwatch. that's all i use it for now. lol.

this from when the time i hit "update now" up until my lockscreen loaded.

seemed like it rebooted once or twice after the update. the at&t "think possible" screen was up for over a minute in that time.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Do not update from a custom rom! It prob won't brick your phone, but the update will check to make sure all the needed elements are there. It will likely abort the update.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
If anyone wants to update, they will need to be unrooted and completely stock. Also keep in mind that this update breaks the current root and you will not be able to root once updated. If you want to stay rooted stay away from this update. FYI the ability to sideload apps hasn't been broken.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It failed to update for me...which is good since I want to be rooted. I'll just wait and see what XDA figure out, but I like having the ability to screw around with my device. If I wanted to be under the control of the carrier and OEM I would've bought an iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4