[FIX][4-1-11]Latest ClockworkMod and SuperClean ROM's - Erasing the CWM Confusion

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
yah I dont know Adb, I want the boot image of a droid peeing on apple I know they have it with the weird Adb but I want to just be able to flash it or odin it that would be top notch. I doubt it will happen

Why don't you just put a boot animation on...right after the samsung logo

Jaekar has the peeing file in his boot animation thread.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Its not flashable

This is kinda getting off topic for this thread...

I just checked the file and yeah its the non flash type

This is probably the easier type to install...just rename it to bootanimation.zip and move it to your system/media folder and let it overwrite your present one.
If you want to save present one just rename it to bootanimation.zip.old

you got further Qs can answer you in jaekars theme/rom thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/69962-how-links-themes-roms-kernels-boot-animations-combined-resource-4-01-11-a.html

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, bear with me:

Question?: If/When installing the new cwm, do I just install it via the cwm I already have (.zip), or do I install the new cwm via Odin (.tar), and then flash the rom through the new cwm?

2nd Question?: When flashing the new/fixed SCnv 2.9.2, do I still have to add the disable lag fix folder/file first, or is that now something I skip due to the new version?

3rd Question?: Am I still to n00b to try the voodoo version? :p

Final comment: Yes, I'm sure these are ridiculous questions that are answered in the OP, though I've read it 100 times. As you know by now, I, jampot, love 20 questions and feel much more self-assured with step-by-step and hand-holding, etc. Thanks in advance for your patient and compassionate guru goodness *haha*

Yay!

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, bear with me:

Question?: If/When installing the new cwm, do I just install it via the cwm I already have (.zip), or do I install the new cwm via Odin (.tar), and then flash the rom through the new cwm?

2nd Question?: When flashing the new/fixed SCnv 2.9.2, do I still have to add the disable lag fix folder/file first, or is that now something I skip due to the new version?

Final comment: Yes, I'm sure these are ridiculous questions that are answered in the OP, though I've read it 100 times. As you know by now, I, jampot, love 20 questions and feel much more self-assured with step-by-step and hand-holding, etc. Thanks in advance for your patient and compassionate guru goodness *haha*

Yay!

1. Either is fine

2. Go into the voodoo menu and make sure it's disabled, other than that you should be fine.

3. That's really up to you man, if you think you got it figured out and understand the risks and all the steps, then go for it. No one can tell you what you are or aren't ready for :)

Reactions: jampot

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, bear with me:

Yay!

1. Either is fine

2. Go into the voodoo menu and make sure it's disabled, other than that you should be fine.

3. That's really up to you man, if you think you got it figured out and understand the risks and all the steps, then go for it. No one can tell you what you are or aren't ready for :)

1. Normally I would agree with wyllic on this one, but in working with Gizmo on the fix permissions issue and testing out his repairs for it, I have learned to completely trust him. Instructions say ODIN the new CWM after doing the ODIN back to EB01 stock. Normally flashing the cwm in ODIN or your current CWM does the same thing. I'm guessing there is a reason Gizmo is saying use the ODIN package, but I am not him so in my mind it is just better to follow the exact instructions as they are laid out.

2. Totally agree with wyllic. No need to create the disable_lagfix folder. After you flash a nonvoodoo kernel and before you reboot phone, scroll to voodoo from the main red cwm page, hit power button once and just make sure disable is set for next reboot. If it is not, scroll to disable lag fix and power button once. Menu soft key once to get back to main cwm menu, power button once to reboot phone.

3. Agree with wyllic except for one thing (Jampot is a miss, a young lady, our Princess Leia) :) It's really about your comfort level. You really seem to be picking up on all of this and you are asking the right questions. As soon as you feel completely comfortable booting to recovery, flashing ROMs, kernels, themes, patches, and mods in cwm, you should be fine going to voodoo. As long as flashing has become second nature and you don't have to think about it, you are ready for voodoo. I say this as a benchmark only so that when someone switches to voodoo, they don't have to think about how to flash and can just concentrate on the rules for using voodoo. The most important being in wyllic's signature. As DroidXcon said, "Nonvoodoo over voodoo = doodoo"

Reactions: jampot

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You guys are awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
I can see the fog lifting.
What a beautiful thing :)

In rereading the instructions, it totally makes sense to Odin from the get-go. I'm a firm believer in clean slates and second chances.

I'll let you know how it goes :D

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm all fixed up!
Hooray! :D

Opting out of voodoo until I understand the DNA a little better.
Thanks for all the super help!!!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm all fixed up!
Hooray! :D

Opting out of voodoo until I understand the DNA a little better.
Thanks for all the super help!!!

Kinda foggy here...what did you do exactly?

Its cool to see a female mucking around with her phone. Pretty soon hubby will start nagging you to get off that thing rofl

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Kinda foggy here...what did you do exactly?

Its cool to see a female mucking around with her phone. Pretty soon hubby will start nagging you to get off that thing rofl
Haha! I did this:
If you would like to see your phone be able to have fully functioning Nandroids, and less problems with permission related errors when flashing different ROM's, I encourage you to do the following (this will make your phone as clean and healthy as possible):

1. ODIN the full stock EB01 package in PDA, the atlas_v2.2.pit in PIT, and "Re-Partition" checked
  2. Let your phone fully boot into the OS and verify everything is working correctly
  3. Remove your battery
  4. ODIN the CWM Recovery package ROM from this post
  5. While reinserting your battery, hold both the volume keys and the power button down until a second after you see the Samsung boot logo then let go, to boot into CWM recovery
  6. Flash the SuperClean ROM from this post, Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache only.
  7. Reboot. If you have installed the Voodoo ROM, then you should hear a Sexy Robot lady telling you that she is converting your partitions. This process will take 10 minutes or so. If you pull the battery, you will have to start all over again.
  8. Let your phone fully boot into the OS and verify everything is working correctly
  9. If you need to install a theme, reboot, enter CWM and flash theme, Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache only.
  10. Make a fresh nandroid backup. If you try to restore a Nandroid made with the old CWM, you will probably have problems.
And the hubby is already asking me why I must make my phone into "some kind of tank or something." :D

The only thing that divides us? He's got an iphone *rolling my eyes*
Poor fella.... good thing I'm so smitten!

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand this part...

"the atlas_v2.2.pit in PIT, and "Re-Partition" checked"

what is that?

I don't know. For myself, I only did the Odin pda part. I'm going to keep watching though because I know someone will answer :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
my phone started acting up today. It rebooted on its own and is functional, but i lost some things like contacts apk, settings apk, task manager apk, etc.
This has happened twice before and i reflashed the latest SC rom in cwm and it fixed it.

problem is, the nonvoodoo comavolt that i have got rid of my red cwm so i cant reflash SC in cwm right now.

Would following the directions in this OP be a good way for me to clean things up and get everything working right again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky