Moto's Bionic LIVES!

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The real devil will be in the details. This article doesn't eliminate a reskin/retool of the Targa. If we see some things such as the CPU change, then we'll know more of what really happened.

3rd quarter launch is in line with what people have been saying about the Targa.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The real devil will be in the details. This article doesn't eliminate a reskin/retool of the Targa. If we see some things such as the CPU change, then we'll know more of what really happened.

3rd quarter launch is in line with what people have been saying about the Targa.

What he said. I really hope it's not going to have the Targa form factor. I love the original Bionic's skin and just can't do the humpty-hump.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What he said. I really hope it's not going to have the Targa form factor. I love the original Bionic's skin and just can't do the humpty-hump.

Keep Bionic skin and i am happy. Still though if they going to make me wait till Q3, atleast make it July, and even though not necessary up the FFC resolution to 1.3+, and up the ram to 1gig. that is all. Its pretty much the perfect phone.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you guys, I love the looks of this phone. Only saving grace i saw was that it was delayed for incorporating new features into the phone, and they haven't removed the pictures from Moto's website.

But then again that doesn't mean much, the specs haven't been updated on Moto's website either. So keep one Eye on the Web for updates, and one Eye on Moto's Site for the phone images to come down... Then i will be scared that it's changing shape.

clayshaw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yay?

Crap, my contract is up on June 20th and was planning on going to Verizon when they opened to get my new phone. I'll wait a little while for the Bionic, but not long. I'm so sick and tired of my Blackberry.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Really dont understand why they would want to launch at same time as iphone 5.

Sounds like the iPhone 5 isn't going to be that big of an upgrade. New processor seems to be the only major one. iPhone 6 is going to be the iPhone that sees a lot of new features added into it.

triangle8

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Great job to all the bloggers across the different forums. All of this talk about the Bionic being canceled actually elicited a formal response from Motorola. At least now we know that the Bionic will be released in some form, though we don't have details on what it'll have.

Sanjay Jha proclaimed the Bionic was the end of waiting, but the Bionic may require more waiting than almost any phone in recent memory. Bionic: no end to waiting.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Keep Bionic skin and i am happy. Still though if they going to make me wait till Q3, atleast make it July, and even though not necessary up the FFC resolution to 1.3+, and up the ram to 1gig. that is all. Its pretty much the perfect phone.

I had always hoped they would up the FFC to at least 1.3 and add some RAM. Even though I hate the wait, this delay will end up being a good thing. Of course this comes out as soon as I add a bunch of TB's to my watch list on ebay... still might try to get one until this is released.

Storm2 is making me mad lately.

aDroidtoRemember

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think we all need to take a step back and look at what happened. Our best "insiders" swore left and right that this thing was cancelled. Although it is a possibility that they will just re-skin the Targa, the Bionic is definitely not dead. I guess as a takeaway we all need to stop reacting so quickly and intensely to rumors.

As a plus, like someone else said this did elicit a response which is the first detail we've had about the Bionic since CES.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think we all need to take a step back and look at what happened. Our best "insiders" swore left and right that this thing was cancelled. Although it is a possibility that they will just re-skin the Targa, the Bionic is definitely not dead. I guess as a takeaway we all need to stop reacting so quickly and intensely to rumors.

As a plus, like someone else said this did elicit a response which is the first detail we've had about the Bionic since CES.
Incorrect : ) reread the thread. NOBODY said the Bionic was killed off. ONLY the current hardware. The Bionic that everyone came to know is dead not the name.

A few of us made that very clear early on. The news from WSJ is nothing new. It only echoed what was being said in the first place. It's being retooled/reworked/changed up whatever one wants to call it.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect : ) reread the thread. NOBODY said the Bionic was killed off. ONLY the current hardware. The Bionic that everyone came to know is dead not the name.

A few of us made that very clear early on. The news from WSJ is nothing new. It only echoed what was being said in the first place. It's being retooled/reworked/changed up whatever one wants to call it.

If you read the whole post they make it pretty clear that the Bionic as we know it will be released.

The third paragraph of the statement says that "many had speculated that the Droid Bionic was scrapped in favor of another model".

If they were not keeping the Bionic shell, i don't believe they would have made that particular statement as it was directly referring to the rumor that the droid was being scrapped for the Targa.

Just my two cents...

mcbrett

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
CK- you take a few liberties with many bold statements here.. just saying..

We have 1 or 2 real "insiders"- and the rest of us are merely followers of their insight. I am ok with not feeling important on an anonymous message board- and I think most of us here are as well.

I am glad we got official advice today- and look forward for more real insight soon from Panda etc.

I think my Storm is going to have to make it another few months now- sadly.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I also hope they keep the original Bionic shell. As much as I love my Droid X, it would have been better without the hump.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you read the whole post they make it pretty clear that the Bionic as we know it will be released.

"Motorola pushed back the timing of the launch to incorporate new features into the phone"

This ^^ is what jumps out at me. New features could mean anything. More RAM, Different Processor, Smaller screen, Different Screen, No Blur, More Blur, Less Blur, new shell...

I sound like a broken record lol but specs is what I want to see. Not that it will release. We already knew that. ESS PEE EE CEE ESS. Lets hear them!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It would be great if it was released with gingerbread and 1G ddr2 Ram. Or even Better Ice cream!!! Straight up Google and no skin!!!

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I too am "glad" that it is delayed. I would love to see the ram at least 1gig and ffc at least 1.3 mp. If they bump those specs up I am fine with waiting a few more months for a better phone. I don't care if it looks like the Bionic or the Targa. They are both ok forms. Just get the beast in my hands before the end of summer and I will be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle