So the impossible happened, I bought an iPhone. Impressions...

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
After reading through this thread, I thought it might be fun to try an iPhone. After the issues with the Note10+ on Google Fi, I checked with a Fi tech and found out the iPhone 11 is still being tested for Fi use. Chat session saved me $700.00. I didn't want a red iPhone anyway.....

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I just swapped a sim into a dormant S7. I've been getting tired of lugging around a big phone for daily needs. It (S7) is perfect for sticking in the pocket, runs every app I need, and that it's a few microseconds slower than my s9+ doesn't matter.
The apples, samsungs and others with the 6" screens are pretty, but I have an iPad and a TV for watching programming with my old eyes, and now my phone once again slips easily into my Levi's. Watching people slip tiny tvs out of their pocketbooks is something I think will fall out of fashion.
This is my gripe with most of the new flagships. While it's nice they are faster and have the latest hardware, their footprint has nearly doubled to accomplish this.
Give me the new 11 the size of the 4.
Give me a S10 the size of a S5. Then I'll be impressed.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
After a few days with the iPhone, I'm thinking of sending it back and picking up a pixel 4. As a point and shoot camera for pictures of the kids it just doesn't produce great shots indoors. I don't like the keyboard and Gboard on iOS is gimped, and i much prefer Android 10's notifications to those on iOS.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the screen given that it is an LCD, and performance is phenomenal, but iOS 13 has it's fair share of bugs. Siri is Great at some things but assistant is still more useful to me.

iOS apps are definitely more polished and perform better than their Android counterparts. That has been really nice. I'm just not sure if everything together is enough for me to overlook just to use the Apple watch. I'll give it a few more days, but right now I'm leaning on switching back.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just swapped a sim into a dormant S7. I've been getting tired of lugging around a big phone for daily needs. It (S7) is perfect for sticking in the pocket, runs every app I need, and that it's a few microseconds slower than my s9+ doesn't matter.
The apples, samsungs and others with the 6" screens are pretty, but I have an iPad and a TV for watching programming with my old eyes, and now my phone once again slips easily into my Levi's. Watching people slip tiny tvs out of their pocketbooks is something I think will fall out of fashion.
This is my gripe with most of the new flagships. While it's nice they are faster and have the latest hardware, their footprint has nearly doubled to accomplish this.

Agree.
I’m using a Nokia 7.1 and it’s perfect for me size and feature wise. I don’t need a heavy, large device. I don’t need the latest feature. I need a truly mobile device that provides communication while I’m out and about. Plus I didn’t have to spend $1000.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

Personally I think Samsung hit the right size with the S10. A 6.1 inch all screen device that has a big screen but a near-perfect footprint.

anon(5990673)

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
So few days back I was having this itch to get back to iPhone. I went ahead and got myself a Pro Max space grey 256 GB. I decided to jump to iPhone because of family.

In 24 hours I decided to give it to my Brother and came back to my S10 Plus!!!

iPhone 11 Pro Max is an amazing device Im not hating apple Tim Apple, I've been on MacBook Pros for the past 11 years and Still with late 2018 MacBook Pro 15inch.

I had to try the iPhone 11 Pro Max to find out how much I missed the small things that android and one UI gave me.

So that's my story :D

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So few days back I was having this itch to get back to iPhone. I went ahead and got myself a Pro Max space grey 256 GB. I decided to jump to iPhone because of family.

iPhone 11 Pro Max is an amazing device Im not hating apple Tim Apple, I've been on MacBook Pros for the past 11 years and Still with late 2018 MacBook Pro 15inch.

I had to try the iPhone 11 Pro Max to find out how much I missed the small things that android and one UI gave me.

Your brother got a nice gift :)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

At least you tried. Nothing wrong with that.

MrNote1993

Sep 22, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you except that the roles are reversed. I'm a long time iPhone user (Since 2008) that switched to android. I'm currently using a Galaxy Note 9. I miss many aspects of iOS but I know that if I go back to iPhone I'll miss many aspects of android. Both are fantastic in their own ways. Enjoy your new phone. :)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
After a few days with the iPhone, I'm thinking of sending it back and picking up a pixel 4. As a point and shoot camera for pictures of the kids it just doesn't produce great shots indoors. I don't like the keyboard and Gboard on iOS is gimped, and i much prefer Android 10's notifications to those on iOS.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the screen given that it is an LCD, and performance is phenomenal, but iOS 13 has it's fair share of bugs. Siri is Great at some things but assistant is still more useful to me.

iOS apps are definitely more polished and perform better than their Android counterparts. That has been really nice. I'm just not sure if everything together is enough for me to overlook just to use the Apple watch. I'll give it a few more days, but right now I'm leaning on switching back.

IMO every bit of info regarding experience is helpful. Thanks for sharing.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence and today is the day I have to make a decision in order to be able to return my Pixel 3 if I go with the iphone. Being a Google Fi customer and taking a trip to Japan in just over a week is probably what gives me the most hesitation. I know I lose using my phone as a hotspot when traveling internationally and wifi calling everywhere. Though I probably won't make any calls in Japan since I only know about six words.

Blah, stupid decisions and adulting!

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence and today is the day I have to make a decision in order to be able to return my Pixel 3 if I go with the iphone. Being a Google Fi customer and taking a trip to Japan in just over a week is probably what gives me the most hesitation. I know I lose using my phone as a hotspot when traveling internationally and wifi calling everywhere. Though I probably won't make any calls in Japan since I only know about six words.

Blah, stupid decisions and adulting!

Your decision would be easy for me. I’m opposite of you. I have a iPhone and debating note 10+. If it was any other phone the iPhone is a no brainer. If the note series didn’t exist I wouldn’t own any other android phone. And it iPhone had a pen or stylus and better multitasking I would be there in a heartbeat, especially given the battery life I get on a pro Max.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001