Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Miles logged

Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    4 more miles of running. It was a bit nippy outside but it beats a treadmill any day of the week.
    QFT!! I can't do the indoor thing.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I've been on the road again this week, but I got in a good run yesterday morning.

I ran 4.7 miles in 41:05 min, an average pace of 8:45min.

I won't be able to run tomorrow morning, but maybe Sunday. We'll have to see.

- John
    Helping you move from financial stress to personal significance.
    JediJesus95 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Last week I started a spinning class. That really kicks my ****!! Does anyone have any clue if I were to track miles what I would put down for my spinning time?
    From past experience if you push it hard in spin class for an hour you can log 20 miles. But it's better to under state your milage. Log 15 miles and you're good.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ok, so ive been out of state on business for the last week and i thought it would be difficult to log any decent mileage as i have been working 12 hour days. So far ive been averaging about 6 miles a day walking. The end of my "month long fitness challenge" is coming up on sat. I started wanting to log 50 miles in a month abd so far im at 150. Not bad i guess

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Last year I was walking about 3.5 miles per day, right up until I broke my foot.

I'm finally healed and an up to walking 2 miles over my lunch hours (weather permitting) during the work week, and attempting to walk 3 miles both weekend days. I say attempting because I've had a nasty cold and had to scale it back a little recently.

January I did pretty good as that was my first month back to walking and I logged 24.5 miles. So far in February I'm at 22 miles.

I use to log my walks.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

My running has been a bit sporadic lately. I was at the Embedded Linux Conference last week and this week I've been playing catch up.

I ran Tuesday: 5.41 miles in 48:43min - an avg pace of 9:00min.

My next run will probably be tomorrow.

- John
    JediJesus95 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

2 more days till the end of my month long workout. :-) i am hoping to get in a good 10 mile bike ride tomorrow, but today im on 2 plane trips heading back home, so not to many miles will be logged today.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

This morning I had my best run since, well, high school.

I ran 6.35 miles in 54:14 minutes - a pace of 8:32min. Whoohoo!

- John
    JediJesus95 and bdfull3r like this.

I just caught a bad cold so I'll see how I feel after running.

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts

I feel like I'm cheating...

I bike at least 31.5 miles every other day, but I'm skipping today due to flat out time constraints. Tomorrow is probably gonna be longer than 31.5. It works out to about 100-120+ miles a week.

In the next week or so I'm gonna bump that up a bit so I'm riding 5 days a week, probably gun for 150+ a week and go up from there.

Can I brag a little? Soon to be 69, I have been religiously logging my miles run since April 22, 1976. Current total 74,991 miles. I will rest on Saturday and run at least 10 miles on Sunday and celebrate going over 75,000 miles!! I am very grateful and honestly love running more now than I did years and years ago. I have completed 18 marathons(26.2 miles) and 11 ultra marathons(50+miles) and competed in 455races. I have coached hundreds of runners over the years and find most folks try to do too much, too soon, running too fast which normally results in overuse injuries and quitting running and becoming a member of the world's largest running club--"I use to run but,......club".
    I would be open to giving running advice if any members are interested--- for free. A motto to think about: start easy,then back off. Oh, there is no finish line. Nick
    JediJesus95 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleNick View Post
    Can I brag a little? Soon to be 69, I have been religiously logging my miles run since April 22, 1976. Current total 74,991 miles. I will rest on Saturday and run at least 10 miles on Sunday and celebrate going over 75,000 miles!! I am very grateful and honestly love running more now than I did years and years ago. I have completed 18 marathons(26.2 miles) and 11 ultra marathons(50+miles) and competed in 455races. I have coached hundreds of runners over the years and find most folks try to do too much, too soon, running too fast which normally results in overuse injuries and quitting running and becoming a member of the world's largest running club--"I use to run but,......club".
    I would be open to giving running advice if any members are interested--- for free. A motto to think about: start easy,then back off. Oh, there is no finish line. Nick
    Very impressive. I have to laugh as the first thing that ran through my mind was the running scenes in the movie Forest Gump. :-)

Have you done any Ragnar races?

Quick question......is running as hard on the knees as people make it out to be? Or is selecting the right running show a key factor?

Congrats on Sundays milestone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DINC View Post
    Very impressive. I have to laugh as the first thing that ran through my mind was the running scenes in the movie Forest Gump. :-)

Have you done any Ragnar races?

Quick question......is running as hard on the knees as people make it out to be? Or is selecting the right running show a key factor?

Congrats on Sundays milestone!!!
    I was probably one of the few people who started crying when Forest stopped running. My wife made me leave the theater. For about a week every time I went out to run I thought about Forest and hoped I would never entertain the thought of not running. Never competed in any Ragnar(sp?) races.
    The question I probably hear most often from people is "how are your knees?" My answer is they are as boney as they were in high school.
    Avoiding running related injuries can best be summed up by slowing down on most runs, taking rest days, varying distance and effort on your runs, finding shoes that work for you, not putting too many miles on a pair of shoes-mileage will vary depending on your weight and running efficiency, which by the way will improve by making running a part of your life.
    Last edited by DoubleNick; 02-25-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Thanked by:
    RIMMAN 

I've been logging my miles with Nike+ for 2.5 years and so far I have 950 miles. I've got a long way to go before I hit 75k. Congrats.

Im happy when i get out and walked for a mile. I think my run is like the 10 minute mark
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well, with an original goal of logging 50 miles, I was happy with my progress in the last 4 weeks. I ended up logging 160 miles. I think for me I'm going to have to balance the continues cardio through walking/biking as well as eating more healthy and most important for me, drinking more water.

For me it's not about weight loss, but more about getting in better shape in general. I will continue to use Endomondo when outside. I hope everyone on this board continue to hit their personal goal even though "Fitness February is almost over.
    JediJesus95 likes this.

This should almost be a Challenge every week on endomondo just to keep some of us motivated.

As of right now I'm at 79 miles and I'll hopefully log a couple of miles tomorrow and finish the month above 80 miles.

I ran a hard 6 miles today so I could hit 85 total miles for the month but endomondo finished the challenge before I got done.

Anyway I would like to say I would have never worked out that many miles this month if it wasn't for this challenge. This Feb I ran 60 miles. Last Feb I ran 43 and the Feb before that one I ran 20 so I was really feeling challenged. Not too mention this year I added another 25 miles on the cross trainer and cycling. Overall it was a great experience. Hopefully we can do it again.
    belniente likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's been awhile, but I'm still around and logging miles. I only have 25 so far this month. Work has been crazy and we have had a lot of snow so I haven't been out on the bike this month. I leave for Vegas next week for 5 days of meetings so I'm hoping i can get some treadmill time at the hotel.

Wish I was doing better than I have been this month,

are these apps data hogs?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12