Disable heads up (banner) notifications

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have always been annoyed by heads up notifications especially when I get hundreds a day. Huawei did things a little differently, but you can disable them by going to :

Settings - notification center

Then select the app and de select banners

uploadfromtaptalk1453483895663.jpg

You will have to do this for each app that you want to disable banners.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice! I also loathe the heads up stuff. It just gets in the way! Whomever thought this was a good idea on an iPhone and then thought it would be awesome to copy for Android should be executed (or at least slapped on the wrist and asked to move into the 'annoying features' department).

I used HeadsOff from the Play Store (thanks to a fellow Ambassador recommendation). It's not perfect, but it gets the job done most of the time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice! I also loathe the heads up stuff. It just gets in the way! Whomever thought this was a good idea on an iPhone and then thought it would be awesome to copy for Android should be executed (or at least slapped on the wrist and asked to move into the 'annoying features' department).

I used HeadsOff from the Play Store (thanks to a fellow Ambassador recommendation). It's not perfect, but it gets the job done most of the time.
On the 5x,heads off rarely worked. On the note 5, it was smart enough to disable heads up for apps like hangouts when I put the notification ringer on silent and no vibrate

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have it on the Note 5 and Tab S. I had to add it to the 'Do Not Optimize' list since the Battery Optimization stuff Samsung added a few updates ago, but it works fairly well in keeping those pesky banners off my game screens (it's awful when you're playing a timed game of match-3 stuff and suddenly the banner blocks your top screen for an eternity!)

Jay Ess

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm running android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy s7 and headsoff does not work.
A bunch of threads said that there should be an option in notifications to toggle "allow peeking" but I don't see any such option.
Am i missing something? Did they change something with 6.0.1?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm running android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy s7 and headsoff does not work.
A bunch of threads said that there should be an option in notifications to toggle "allow peeking" but I don't see any such option.
Am i missing something? Did they change something with 6.0.1?
I would suggest that you post in the s7 forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa