Questions about the Huawei Honor 5x

Salil

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I recently bought this phone and absolutely love it but couldn't find the answer these two questions:
1. I know the phone doesn't have Corning glass on it. How fickle is the screen. Like will it not even survive a fall from 2-3 feet? If so what would be a good tempered glass protector for this phone? Preferrably a thin one.
2. How do I make the 'Hangouts Dialer' the default app for calling? Every time I click a phone number it goes to the Dialer and then from there it only gives me an option to go through my carrier?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the screen. For the Hangouts Dialer question, try going to Settings>Manage Apps, then tap the Default App Settings button at the bottom. See if you can change the Call default there.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It would depend on the drop, but I have dropped my h5x in a TPU case from pocket height and it was fine. I don't guarantee that yours would be though... Drops can be unpredictable.

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Screen will withstand quite a drop, there are some drop test videos, and mins has taken quite a few falls

Posted via the Honor 5x on Android 6.0.1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey, while we're on the topic of Honor 5X questions--has anyone gotten a monthly security patch yet? Mine is still stuck on Jan 2016. I thought Huawei promised they were going to keep this phone relatively up to date?

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey, while we're on the topic of Honor 5X questions--has anyone gotten a monthly security patch yet? Mine is still stuck on Jan 2016. I thought Huawei promised they were going to keep this phone relatively up to date?

I think the latest is march or something build b151

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder why I'm getting nothing? It's SIM-free, but that shouldn't matter, since it's an unlocked device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried using their HiSuite, and that told me the phone is using the most current firmware (which is with the Jan 2016 security patch).:-\

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
My phone that I received yesterday has a protection film already installed. Look closely at the cutouts for the speaker and camera at the top and you will be able to see them.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
support

Enter 5x into the drop down and download the b151 build, do you know how to do a manual install?
It will wipe the device so do a backup

Yeah, I did see those, but the fact that they aren't being automatically pushed to my phone makes me wonder if they're actually supposed to be for my particular phone. Are there different basebands, like with the all of the different variants of a Samsung phone?

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I did see those, but the fact that they aren't being automatically pushed to my phone makes me wonder if they're actually supposed to be for my particular phone. Are there different basebands, like with the all of the different variants of a Samsung phone?

It's safe, I've done it. Honor appears to have issues with that, ota happened to me a few tomes during the MM beta

Last edited:

furoru

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
hello, for some reason, I accidentally click the side buttons of my Huawei GR5 device and then on the screen it shows EMUI Huawei software installing DO NOT unplug usb or press any key. I don't know what happened. It just stuck at 0%. Can you help me with this, please

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
hello, for some reason, I accidentally click the side buttons of my Huawei GR5 device and then on the screen it shows EMUI Huawei software installing DO NOT unplug usb or press any key. I don't know what happened. It just stuck at 0%. Can you help me with this, please

Still stuck? I've never seen that issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress