Honor 6x or 8?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know what to do now as I did fancy this phone and they are offering a 10% discount on the Honor UK site which makes it a bit more attractive but some reviews have said the display is not that bright and I do like a bright display :) I have just been offered a 99% mint LG G4 on my watch forum for only £155 it is a year old at the end of this January but it was bought as a back up phone and has not been used but I am thinking the G4 is a far superior phone to the 6x especially at this price, what do you reckon?

I know there is the G4 bootloop problem to worry about!

In fact the more I read about the bootloop problem the more I think even at that bargain price it isn't worth buying as I know it will happen to me.

I would not agree that the lg g4 is far superior in normal usage. Granted i don't have the 6x, but i have the Moto z play droid which is close in specs, and the z play droid performed very close to my z droid 98% of the time.

I had two g4 and both had touchscreen sensitivity issues. One of mine bootlooped and lg won't honor the warranty in the USA since it was the h815.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I would not agree that the lg g4 is far superior in normal usage. Granted i don't have the 6x, but i have the Moto z play droid which is close in specs, and the z play droid performed very close to my z droid 98% of the time.

I had two g4 and both had touchscreen sensitivity issues. One of mine bootlooped and lg won't honor the warranty in the USA since it was the h815.

Thanks for the reply and your comments on the two LG G4's that you had have convinced me not to bother with the G4 so thanks for that but I am really shocked at the amount of G4 phones affected by this ticking time bomb!

I just don't know whether to keep my S7 Edge or get a budget phone and on Honor UK site they are offering 10% off the phone for a limited time but I would rather wait for more user reviews first.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Based on what you said about your usage on your phone, you would probably be well served by the new honor 6x and while it's priced at £201 on the honor uk site, you will get yourself £150 in your pocket if you sell your edge for £350 (personally think you could get more).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and your comments on the two LG G4's that you had have convinced me not to bother with the G4 so thanks for that but I am really shocked at the amount of G4 phones affected by this ticking time bomb!

I just don't know whether to keep my S7 Edge or get a budget phone and on Honor UK site they are offering 10% off the phone for a limited time but I would rather wait for more user reviews first.

Well if i were to buy one i would Check there serial first. If it is one of the affected then i would pass.

Last edited:

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Based on what you said about your usage on your phone, you would probably be well served by the new honor 6x and while it's priced at £201 on the honor uk site, you will get yourself £150 in your pocket if you sell your edge for £350 (personally think you could get more).

I think you are absolutely right as with the kitchen extension we are having done in April an extra £150 will help out for sure I will be taking a punt for sure and I hope the UI is ok but I am not a demanding user as when people criticise software it is something that I never really notice so long as the phone does what I want it to do that's all I want and the S7 Edge is just a bit overkill.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The 6x has been slated for an update to nougat and therefore emui 5, so it will be getting the best version soon enough. That's not to say emui 4.1 isn't good already anyway!

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well if i were to buy one i would Check there serial first. If it is one of the affected then i would pass.

If I could do that I would but from what I have read there isn't really a way to tell as this one was bought on January the 29th 2016 and the serial number starts with 511 but on various forums I have read people having problems with that number and as much as the £155 price would be great I would always feel nervous as I use the calendar on my phone for all my work appointments and I couldn't lose those.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I could do that I would but from what I have read there isn't really a way to tell as this one was bought on January the 29th 2016 and the serial number starts with 511 but on various forums I have read people having problems with that number and as much as the £155 price would be great I would always feel nervous as I use the calendar on my phone for all my work appointments and I couldn't lose those.

Appointments on Google calendar would be saved in your Google account. But I do understand what you are saying. I can't recommend the lg g4 to anyone since lg isn't willing to replace it no suggestions asked.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Andy I'd just go a new phone that will receive or has Nougat plus acceptable hardware.
The LG G4 is done and so many new phones are low priced.
Honor is a great brand, yet there are other out there that may be a good fit.

Have a look here:
Smartphone Buyer's Guide | Android Central

This may help you a little.

Thanks I will have a look and I know you are right about the G4 in fact I just tried to order a 6x off the UK Honor site and the only colour left is the gold and I have never had a gold phone and I can't start now so that has put a dampener on an otherwise fine plan :)

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Appointments on Google calendar would be saved in your Google account. But I do understand what you are saying. I can't recommend the lg g4 to anyone since lg isn't willing to replace it no suggestions asked.

Can I ask you if it is possible to view my appointments in my google account and if so how do I do it as I am not good with these things :)

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask you if it is possible to view my appointments in my google account and if so how do I do it as I am not good with these things :)

You can view your Agenda and appointments on desktop via the Google calendar app in the Chrome browser or on your phone with the calendar app.
As long as you're signed in to Google you can see your calendar on any desktop browser.

Calendar.JPG

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that on most devices, if you have multiple calendars then you can set the calendar app to just show the Google appointments

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
You can view your Agenda and appointments on desktop via the Google calendar app in the Chrome browser or on your phone with the calendar app.
As long as you're signed in to Google you can see your calendar on any desktop browser.

View attachment 249598

Thanks for the help I only have my phone and an iPad and no desktop :)

I was only concerned in case I got the G4 and it bootlooped but that won't matter now as I will get something else.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh thanks that's great do I need to get an app?

I can confirm that it works since i use two phones if i set a appointment in either one it shows up on both phones one being the honor 8. Like stated earlier sync it with gmail account no extra app is needed

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana