Okay guys my update is finally here. One specific question to all who have updated

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Will I still have what I know to be EMUI if I update. Does that make sense. I guess I'm asking is it still the EMUI league of its own category software or is it a tweaked out version of Android now? Please let me know bc I pushed my upgrade at 1 percent as I want to be sure I'm not about to get a totally Android like software. EMUI is uniquely different but in a strong enough good way to actually be considered its own category type software. Am I forced to use the app drawer. Does the interface change in terms of how seamless EMUI is? Has it turned choppy or like block letters pure Android? Please let me know before I hit resume. Thanks to all for your input. It's definitely needed here and definitely appreciated. Big time.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Seriously though, whether EMUI 4 or 5, it is a customized version of Android.

All the new things are configurable. Honor has improved quite a bit in the user interface and it's a beauty to use.

That said, it is up to you to upgrade and use it to see the differences. There are plenty of videos in YouTube too to check out.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Seriously though, whether EMUI 4 or 5, it is a customized version of Android.

All the new things are configurable. Honor has improved quite a bit in the user interface and it's a beauty to use.

That said, it is up to you to upgrade and use it to see the differences. There are plenty of videos in YouTube too to check out.
Much appreciated. I honestly don't think it at all favors stock Android interface wise. Maybe it's compatible but similar not in the least and I owned a Nexus 6p and tow Moto Zs such all those models are pretty close to stock Android. EMUI is remotely nothing like stock Android. I maybe alone here but it's worthy to be offered and branded as compatible only with Android but not Android interface or similar software in general. It's just that different but good though.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
It's still not like stock android, more a case of improved notifications and streamlined settings menu. The improvements are nearly all geared towards usability, and you get Nougat features that you won't have on 4.1 like split screen.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's still not like stock android, more a case of improved notifications and streamlined settings menu. The improvements are nearly all geared towards usability, and you get Nougat features that you won't have on 4.1 like split screen.
Sounds good man. Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. For some reason I thought 4.1 was killer. Hopefully I'll be good with it and to honest if not I'll just get used to it. I won't downgrade back. It's about 90 percent uploaded now. Takes a while I see. I still think at least the 4.1 EMUI version was nothing at all like true Android and that it was basically a totally separated software all together. I don't think many agree with me but I found EMUI to not remottlety be anything like my Nexus 6p at all what so ever. If anything closer to IOS so it makes me think it really could have been branded and marketed as just what it is. EMUI alone not being Android nor IOS but only compatible with Android usage. To me it's that strongly different. I guess I'm the only one who thinks this but it's simply not anything like Android other than the ability to use the play store for apps. Thats all.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Actually I was just typing a good post and it crashed right in the middle of my post. However and like I was saying it's nowhere remotely near pure Android. If anything EMUI is a hybrid software of both major versions anyway. It could definitely hold its own if branded and offered as a true software choice bc I maybe the only one who see it but EMUI isn't Android at all what so ever. It's only compatible with Android apps and Android type outside related software. EMUI could easily be branded and offered as an alternative to IOS or Android pure. Put it this way. If it was seriously near Android all together I'd not be using it and loving it bc I never was a overly huge pure Android fan like I was with IOS and EMUI offers a user something totally different than both major choices. It's compatible with Android and that's as close to Android as it gets. I strongly believe this.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Actually I was just typing a good post and it crashed right in the middle of my post. However and like I was saying it's nowhere remotely near pure Android. If anything EMUI is a hybrid software of both major versions anyway. It could definitely hold its own if branded and offered as a true software choice bc I maybe the only one who see it but EMUI isn't Android at all what so ever. It's only compatible with Android apps and Android type outside related software. EMUI could easily be branded and offered as an alternative to IOS or Android pure. Put it this way. If it was seriously near Android all together I'd not be using it and loving it bc I never was a overly huge pure Android fan like I was with IOS and EMUI offers a user something totally different than both major choices. It's compatible with Android and that's as close to Android as it gets. I strongly believe this.
It's a hybrid design, not hybrid software. There is no IOS code, only android with UI modifications.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's a hybrid design, not hybrid software. There is no IOS code, only android with UI modifications.
It's just quite different is I guess what I'm saying. Different enough to be it's owned branded software. I know I'd pick it over pure Android and in your face IOS. I love it. How ever it's deemed. So far my update really isn't much different. Things seem more crisp for some reason. Anyone else notice this just on the home screen. Seems like the resolution is higher. Overall it's fine. It's different here or there but not enough to bother me. I'm okay with it.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The dpi is different to 4.1, that may be why it looks more crisp. Also, the battery saving low resolution is done by the software when appropriate instead of being always low.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
The white notifications remind me of iOS. Looks just like sons iPhone. Some things seem larger than before. MM or 4.1 seemed a little more minimalistic than Nougat or 5.1. Overall no complaints.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad that the app drawer is a feature you can turn off, as I am actually quite happy without it! Though EMUI still resembles Android in some ways, I like to think that it is still a unique software experience and a fresh, new take on the Android OS.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I would say that emui 5 is much closer to stock, but not stock by any means

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad that the app drawer is a feature you can turn off, as I am actually quite happy without it! Though EMUI still resembles Android in some ways, I like to think that it is still a unique software experience and a fresh, new take on the Android OS.
Other than general layout, the actual real user interface meaning the way it feels and how the user experience is real world isn't Android like at all to me. Android or true Android has a totally different feel or real world feel interface. This software isn't anything like Android nor IOS. The only Android thing is possibly has is it's layout but a layout is just that and even iOS and Android both have similar overall layouts. No way around that for any mobile software. EMUI is totally unique to the mobile software real world user interface. This is why it could easily be branded as a third option rather easily in my opinion. If you sat a true Android in front of me and than SAT EMUI next to it and I did the same exact function on both devices you'd get totally different user experience of interface feeling. So I only see the layout to be the only similar facet to be Android. I maybe the only one but I strongly believe EMUI could hold its own easily being branded and released to the masses as a third option to choose from with in the mobile software world. There is a reason a bunch of us are using this Honor 8 over a other tweaked versions of Android. I've tried them all and even the totally tweaked out versions of Android you can tell right away it's an Android product. EMUI gives me zero Android feel feedback. To me it's only compatible with Android and is easily strong enough to be branded and offered to the masses as option 3 instead of only 2 options for a mobile device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez