Rollout of B385 udpate has begun for US handsets

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried installing using the Firmware Finder and it failed. It downloaded around 3 updates and finally when it tried to authorize, I got a message saying that the update is not authorized for my device.

Looks like we still need to wait. I am happy to see we are close though.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Honor 8 rocks! Better than Samsung S8!

While I loved my honor 8 it is not better than the Galaxy S8.

The best thing is the ability to choose between what mode you want your display to do. You have 4 performance modes for this phone, optimized, game entertainment, high performance.

The iris scanner is insanely good I don't ever need to worry about using the finger print scanner, even with my glasses on. Also I'm not restricted by honors fhd screen when it comes to games on the play store. Some games I couldnt play on the honor 8.

While the screen in nice on the honor 8 the infinity display is absolutely amazing on this damn phone. The battery life is miles better than the honor 8 get 2-3 days light use and a day of mid to heavy use. Average around 6-7 sot.

Then there is Samsung pay, which works on just about every card reader made. It had the ability to use the magnetic strip as if I were sliding a card. The rewards program for Samsung pay is also freaking nice.

And the sound on this phones is miles ahead of honor 8. It's no HTC 10 or v20, the akg head phones that come in the box are really nice and have a great sound for earbuds. I can actually use the Android Easter egg in this phone as well.

Then there is the water and dust resistance, along with wireless charging. When it can be utilized the Bluetooth 5.0 is going to be a nice feature.

Don't get me wrong I loved my honor 8 at least up until emui 5 when they pulled their performance profiles and made it look like every other Android UI. For 300 bucks you can't beat what the honor has to offer.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
While I loved my honor 8 it is not better than the Galaxy S8.

The best thing is the ability to choose between what mode you want your display to do. You have 4 performance modes for this phone, optimized, game entertainment, high performance.

The iris scanner is insanely good I don't ever need to worry about using the finger print scanner, even with my glasses on. Also I'm not restricted by honors fhd screen when it comes to games on the play store. Some games I couldnt play on the honor 8.

While the screen in nice on the honor 8 the infinity display is absolutely amazing on this damn phone. The battery life is miles better than the honor 8 get 2-3 days light use and a day of mid to heavy use. Average around 6-7 sot.

Then there is Samsung pay, which works on just about every card reader made. It had the ability to use the magnetic strip as if I were sliding a card. The rewards program for Samsung pay is also freaking nice.

And the sound on this phones is miles ahead of honor 8. It's no HTC 10 or v20, the akg head phones that come in the box are really nice and have a great sound for earbuds. I can actually use the Android Easter egg in this phone as well.

Then there is the water and dust resistance, along with wireless charging. When it can be utilized the Bluetooth 5.0 is going to be a nice feature.

Don't get me wrong I loved my honor 8 at least up until emui 5 when they pulled their performance profiles and made it look like every other Android UI. For 300 bucks you can't beat what the honor has to offer.
I was just kidding lol. S8 is definitely better phone but honor 8 is very reliable phone.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
You can't really compare budget and flagship. In the budget market. I don't think there is a phone that comes even close to what the honor 8 is for the price. I paid 300 for a phone that felt like 500-600. I tried the axon 7 but it just felt like a $350 phone.

The mate 9 on the other hand is a beast of a phone and is right up there with anything Samsung offers in their top line. It's 250 less than the s8+, sadly Huawei won't make a CDMA compatible phone other wise I would be rocking the mate 9 till the next mate phone. I hope they decided to offer a universal unlocked phone. Hell even Samsung's unlocked phones are both CDMA and GSM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87