HP Slate 7 model 1800 (aka, Walmart Black Friday "Mesquite")

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So did anyone get one of these tablets?

I checked at my local Walmart 13 hours after they went on sale and managed to get the last one.
I must say, for $89 I am pretty impressed with its zippy performance and solid build quality.

This is my first 7 inch tablet, and I do like the form factor. My only concern is that many apps from the playstore are showing as incompatible. I got the basic Google apps working, but other things like many weather apps won't work.

Just wondering if anyone picked one of the up, and if there are any suggestions on the app compatibility issue.

Thanks!:cool:

Last edited:

just bacon

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I had mine for a couple of months and except for having to side load the APS I want it is a fine table.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using AC Forums mobile app

JP37019

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So did anyone get one of these tablets?

I checked at my local Walmart 13 hours after they went on sale and managed to get the last one.
I must say, for $89 I am pretty impressed with its zippy performance and solid build quality.

This is my first 7 inch tablet, and I do like the form factor. My only concern is that many apps from the playstore are showing as incompatible. I got the basic Google apps working, but other things like many weather apps won't work.

Just wondering if anyone picked one of the up, and if there are any suggestions on the app compatibility issue.

Thanks!:cool:

I have the HP 7 1800. I was having the same issues with incompatibility. 1mobilemarket by passes the regular play store or Google play store . Hope this helps.

956_classic

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i just joined the forum :)
I also got this tablet on black friday & the only issue i have is that a few of my apps wont work with 4.1.2

Is there any way to upgrade to a newer version or make the apps work? ie instagram???

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I ended up returning mine because I was able to get an Asus MeMo Pad (ME173X) for $10 more, and it was quad code and 2x's the storage at 16GB.
It seemed to good to pass up.

Hopefully this tablet will serve you well. There is a threat over on xda-developers about rooting and installing CM in order to overcome the Playstore app issues.

imatripletmom

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
What is "side loading"? I got my kids this tablet for Christmas and they specifically wanted to be able to get apps from google play so if that doesn't work or if it is too complicated I might as well take them back.

Thanks!

just bacon

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I just took an app extractor program installed it on my phone extracted the program copied it to my tablet and installed in on my tablet

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using AC Forums mobile app

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What is "side loading"? I got my kids this tablet for Christmas and they specifically wanted to be able to get apps from google play so if that doesn't work or if it is too complicated I might as well take them back.

Thanks!

Sideloading is the process of installing apps via local hardware. For example your child would download an apk file to a PC then transfer it to the tablet via USB.
After that they would navigate to the file on the tablet interact and install it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ian Thomas3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys, does anyone know info on Flash Player for this tablet? Does it have Flash? Do we have to install an old version of Flash? What browsers work best with Flash Player? Thanks for any info

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
It does offer great performance. In fact I'm pulling the same if not better bench numbers than the hp slate 7 with a true Dual core.

In Antutu I'm getting scores above 12000. I'm getting help on a custom recovery to disable signature verification so we can start with porting some basic roms over. Also if we can get cyanogenmod to port over x86 then we can have 64bit support in kitkat. Overclock the cpu to 2ghz and we have a solid tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87