Speakers don't work, great!

Jahjah440

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently installed CM7 on my TouchPad. Works great, amazing for an Alpha. Only thing is, I have absolutely no sound coming out my TouchPad's speakers. At first, I though "maybe it's Android!" But I booted into WebOS, turned media and ringtone volume all the way up, and then clicked an MP3. Zip, nada. I bought it on Dec.11, so I still have the warranty. Do you guys have any ideas? And if I do send it back, will WebOS Doctor set it back to factory and delete Android? Thanks!

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
WebOS doctor won't wipe all traces of android. There are quite a few posts on the forum about how to do that though, there is an app for webos that helps remove cm7 and acme uninstaller also helps. Having not attempted this myself I have no idea what to do though. So look through the other posts and you will find an answer.

atulmodi

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you check on your WebOs primary screen (means desktop screen) right hand corner? Where you see Wifi, battery status, time etc.

I had same thing happened with me.

Just click on that corner and make sure volume is not muted. If it is, you can not hear any voice from any source at all.

I hope you have same issue I had, that will solve your problem.

If something new to know let us know.

Do Not Touch

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Naw, this is a new bug, guys. They've even listed it on the "official" bug list and say they're working on it for Alpha 4.

Whatever it is, it has crept into webOS. Any time that the TP goes into sleep mode -- makes no difference whether it's in Android or webOS -- it shuts off the sound. I've tried all of the circulating quick fixes to no avail. The only remedy seems to be a reboot (to the same OS -- go figure).

At first I thought it originated in webOS, but now it seems to parallel the long-known CM7 bugs with sound cutting off (like when you insert headphones in the middle of a song, etc.).

This is much different from the audio distortion bug that was introduced in webOS 3.0.4.77 -- you get no audio, with the exception of a muffled pop whenever you open a new app which uses sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress