does the CM9 install mess with the webOS side of things?

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
does this cm9 install affect the webOS part in any way?

I've been having problems with the webOS side where I get the application database is always full error all of a sudden.

I tried:
1. Deleting apps and some data. Just in The webOS side. Error still there
2. Erase app and data. In the reset options. Error still there
3. Doctoring. Error still there
4. Uninstalling android. Error still there

I resolved the issue with an uninstall of android plus doctor with full erase.

now I have not tried dual booting again but just want to know if this cm9 installation does have an effect with the "application database" in webOS

I have approximately 8gb free in my touchpad in all this.

chicle11

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
does this cm9 install affect the webOS part in any way?

I've been having problems with the webOS side where I get the application database is always full error all of a sudden.

I tried:
1. Deleting apps and some data. Just in The webOS side. Error still there
2. Erase app and data. In the reset options. Error still there
3. Doctoring. Error still there
4. Uninstalling android. Error still there

I resolved the issue with an uninstall of android plus doctor with full erase.

now I have not tried dual booting again but just want to know if this cm9 installation does have an effect with the "application database" in webOS

I have approximately 8gb free in my touchpad in all this.

Android does not affect anything on the webOS side. Go ahead and install again, following the instructions carefully.

Good luck.

Mark von Bibra

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I installed cm9 using Acmeinstaller3 on touchpad running 3.0.5 and found that on the WebOS side the "just type" settings are all gone. Anyone else seen this issue?

MikeN68

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
John, CM9 does not in any way affect webOS. The installer creates a separate partition and everything lies in there. The SD card is shared for apps etc, but apart from booting, that's about it.

The application database full message has been discussed a fair bit in the webOS forums and generally most users just delete a database log (or 2) and all is well (for a while). Check out the webOS forums for this - they are the experts!

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Moved back and forth between both OSes with no issues. Again, the aOS install creates separate directories for its operation. Although I do find myself in WebOS less and less now.

Don't understand 'all pro google'. Site URLs that are results of google searches? Why can't they be deleted? Restore to factory seems extreme when you should be able to delete in aOS or WebOS.